I'm probably going to stop buying Berserk after vol. 13.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

dulled down? did someone miss the huge fight that just went on between guts, zodd, and ganishka? or how about those demon tigers, or the "ogres". i mean come on, there has been plenty of fighting, but just because it takes 3 weeks for a story chapter to come out and then the next one 2 weeks later comes out and is sitll story, everyone complains that it has gotten slow. if this were a volume everyone would shut the fuck up.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:Meh, anyway...damn, feels good to get that off my chest.
Good for you.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femto wrote:
Starnum wrote:Meh, anyway...damn, feels good to get that off my chest.
Good for you.
My e-thug!!!! Where have you been, we could have used your focused aggression against Pheonix. :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Who's Pheonix? Aside from the X-Men character, I mean.
Istvan wrote:That's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it.
I've said it many times before: just because someone is of the opinion that something is good doesn't rightfully make it so.

FACT: Berserk vols. 1-13 are better than most of the volumes that have been coming out recently.

OPINION: Starnum thinking that Berserk has gotten better when it's technically gotten worse (something he has every right in the world to do).

Hey, I like watching the Fatal Fury movie but I'll be the first one to admit that it's a big pile of horseshit. On the other hand, Seven Samurai is an excellent movie, but it's so slow for me that it's not something I'd enjoy watching more than once.

Does that mean I have crap taste?

Maybe, but at least I'm not blind enough to say that something is good just because I like it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Are you saying I have blind taste just because I like Berserk after volume 13, and think it's good? That would be a bit ridiculous, but oh well. You know, I've been thinking about it, and maybe the story-telling in Berserk hasn't been as tight as it was during the Golden Age. However, if that's true, then it was only a minor loss of quality, and not even remotely close to as bad as you make it sound.

Anyway, you probably hate me now, and I guess I can't blame you. Either that or you just don't care, which is probably worse. However, I do want to say I'm sorry for going all ape shit on you. It's just that for the longest time now you've seemed to have this horrible attitude, and it's just been bugging me lately. I don't know, maybe I never really knew you at all (As well as anyone can know someone online anyway), but it seems like you changed. We use to get along pretty well, but nowadays you're pretty unapproachable. That and all the subtle fanboy shots at me just really started to build up. I guess I should just not care, and ignore it, but I've never been any good at that. Heh, it's the internet, you'd think I'd have learned by now, but I've always found that to just be a lame excuse for people to be elitist assholes. Anyway, I hope you understand what I've been getting at here. Whether or not it makes any kind of difference I guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrugs*
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:However, if that's true, then it was only a minor loss of quality, and not even remotely close to as bad as you make it sound.
Maybe not, but the first 13 volumes set a really high standard that has been all but lost by now.

As I said, reading it by chapters instead of volumes may have something to do with it as well, although I do remember seeing a decline when I read the volumes leading up to the time when I found this place and actual chapter releases.

And I don't hate anyone, certainly not over the internet.

I do suggest that you broaden your horizons a bit though, there are amazing things happening outside Japan.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Come on man, give me a break. I know that. My horizons may be broader than you think. I do really like anime, but I have many other interests too you know. Regardless, I'll keep that in mind anyway.
jojokaizer
imanewbie

Post by jojokaizer »

MrFelony wrote:dulled down? did someone miss the huge fight that just went on between guts, zodd, and ganishka? or how about those demon tigers, or the "ogres". i mean come on, there has been plenty of fighting, but just because it takes 3 weeks for a story chapter to come out and then the next one 2 weeks later comes out and is sitll story, everyone complains that it has gotten slow. if this were a volume everyone would shut the fuck up.
not so much that there weren't fights per se... more so due to the fights having no meaning. 1-13 flash back arc fights were all very focused to a goal. griffith fought for his dream, guts to protect, and caskca to serve. these new arcs basically throws a lot of big monsters at guts and shows him cutting things apart without much depth..... guts vs zodd first time around quite possibly one of the best fights in the series for me, why? cause it keeps you wanting for MORE when zodd forshadows the fate of the hawks and guts. I m sorry, I much rather more talk and progression of a great story then pointless fan service fights here and there.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The only real problem I have with post-Eclipse Berserk is that the Hawk era had a much tighter focus, due to its flashback nature. I believe it is unfair to say the quality of the writing has dropped.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

it just might ba my sensible soul, but I also liked the pre-eclipse story, becouse it wasn't raging with every possible sort of physical violence
the40thieves
imanewbie

Post by the40thieves »

jojokaizer wrote:not so much that there weren't fights per se... more so due to the fights having no meaning. 1-13 flash back arc fights were all very focused to a goal. griffith fought for his dream, guts to protect, and caskca to serve. these new arcs basically throws a lot of big monsters at guts and shows him cutting things apart without much depth..... guts vs zodd first time around quite possibly one of the best fights in the series for me, why? cause it keeps you wanting for MORE when zodd forshadows the fate of the hawks and guts. I m sorry, I much rather more talk and progression of a great story then pointless fan service fights here and there.
I have to disagree with you when you say that the fights have no meaning or focus. The Lost Children Arc is essentially a continuation of the Blackswordsman days. I think this encounter was needed in terms of story telling to conclude Gatt's futile and somewhat insane quest to kill apostles and also to lay the ground work for introducing Serpico and Farneze. Even the title of the arc 'Lost Children' is appropriate in the context to Gatts, cause just like the twisted children, Gatts too was a lost child who strayed from the path he should of taken (which was protecting his precious survivor, Caska). People that felt this arc was filler of meaningless violence are on the right track, because even for Gatts it WAS meaningless violence, a way for him to burn his hatred. Ironically enough, I felt this meaningless violence brought alot to the character of Gatts and it made the weight of Godo's words and his regret for losing Caska that much more of a powerful sequence.

When Gatts goes to the Tower of Rebirth to rescue Caska, that is hardly what I'd call a fight with no meaning. When Gatt's firmly states to the Apostle, "I won't let you touch that women ever again!", that was a powerful, meaningful moment that sent chills down my spine. Then you have the long awaited reunion of Griffith and Gatts on the Hill of Swords, and if that was a fight with no meaning then I don't know what is.

I do think the first 13 chapters were alot more powerful because of its flashback nature. You knew by the end of volume 3 that something terrible was going to happen to Gatts and that Griffith would go bad. I think knowing the ephemeral destiny of the hawks made them a more endearing cast because you knew something bad would happen and that made them more human knowing that they were fallialbe and would fail in the end.

The hawks trying their hardest to escape and survive the eclipse became a real beautiful heart wrenching moment of humanity, made so much more powerful by the fact that you knew they would not make it. It's the same concept from the epic Beowulf, though Beowulf knew he and his people and way of life would die out and all his work was futile, he still put it all on the line and chose to be the existential hero and fought the dragon. It's the same thing with the Hawks, they fought to the very end to survive.

The current story doesn't have the same effect, because for us Gatts and Co. destiny isn't set the way the Hawk's destiny was set because the story is now in the present and filled with uncertainty and no finality as to their destiny, unlike the Hawks' story arc set in flashback with a horrible resolution looming ominously on the horizon. For Gatt's and Co. there still is hope for a happy ending, but for the hawks that wasn't going to happen, there is nope hope and it was so final from very early on. The unevitalbe tragedy has a much more profound effect than the uncertain happy ending in my opinion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that alot of these fights do have meaning in the context of the brutality. I just think the hang up comes from the shift in genre and the shift in the way the story is told. The cast is losing more and more human relatable traits in their figtst, and for some, I think it detracts from the story, because in truth so much of the story is told through violence. It's easy to empathize with a young soldier fighting other people to realize a dream, its a bit of a stretch to get that same-close-to-home feeling with someone who wields a feather with magical sylphs that allow him to basically fly and mow down dozens of fantasy enemies, that's less human and less relatable and where I think some people feel the story declines. I don't think its a decline, I just think its a shift some people can't or don't want to make as far as immersing in this incredibly rich story.

Love, The40Thieves

P.S. Hello to you all.
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Ive reread the Volume 1-13 about 5 times and watched the anime also about 5 times.
Past vilume 13 ive never reread more than a few chapters.
Of course the days between the release of new chapters contributes to this , but I have to agree whith Femto when he says the QUALITY of the writing has gone down a little. But I think in the end most of it still comes down to personal taste. The hawks were such a balanced and original cast that went through some many adventures together .

While the current cast doesn't give me the same appeal at all.
Especially Isidoro and Shierke , I have no connection with them whatsoever.

But thats personal preference , it is not so that Miura is putting less work in his manga now , it's just missing some elements that made it stand out in the first 13 volumes at the moment. I'll probably keep track of the series till it ends though.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, funny thing is: I've only ever read the first 13 vols. (correction, vol. 4-13) once and watched the anime once, but I've read the rest, including the initial four volumes, about three times.

Don't know why that is, maybe I prefer trash? :roll:
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

In some ways, I agree with Femto that Berserk's new group members are pretty lame compared to the Hawks. I still dread having to read the balloons of Puck, Isidro, and that other fairy fearing that another lame-ass joke will ruin the moment that the chapter may be trying to develop. I mentioned Puck because he has changed also in terms of humor. I was always a bit apathetic towards Puck, but now I hate him a little bit since he always says these lame one-liners and they're always observations on whats going on. I do kind of miss the period right after the Eclipse how he would always be the one trying to keep Guts' conscience in check with a light touch of decent humor.

The Golden Age Era was pretty good, but imo not as good as after that period with the exception of the Eclipse and a couple of fights. I was getting a little tired of the different ways people can get sliced up through the course of several pages. However, I see that still happens in the recent chapters (the crocodiles by the beach from several chapters ago).
Also, the formula was moreless the same: Midland has a problem, the royal armies haven't been able to deal with it, in steps Griffith who says he can do it, people are shocked, he succeeds, and he gets recognition. I still liked the moments though when ever this formula altered and had a different scenario like the queen and members want to kill Griffith. Also, what made the Golden Age era so good was as some ones said the anticipation that something ominous was inevitable throughout the whole arc. Also, Griffith made that arc really good. He seems far more intriguing than Guts. Guts didn't and still doesn't have that much of a personality. All that is seen is mostly anger (rightfully so) and a little bit of sadness. However, I see that he may be starting to have a personality because of this new crowd so I suppose they deseve some credit. Still I think the fairies and the kid add too much comic relief and hope that Guts under some influence from the armor or apostles kill them off. Although, Puck should remain, maybe he will turn back to his old self when he sees that things aren't so dandy as he makes them to be in the recent chapters.
Also, I don't like it when the author tries too hard to make him badass. For some reason, I wasn't blown away as others when in the latest chapter, Serpico remarks that Guts got up mainly to talk trash. I suppose

I am jaded a bit, and the incremental release of chapters have plenty to do with it, but also the new group. Regardless, I haven't lost hope despite the harsh and heretical things I've said concerning this masterpiece. I know Miura is unlike any other manga author especially since he has been the only one to have my jaw drop multiple times at certain points of Berserk.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

raziel wrote:In some ways, I agree with Femto that Berserk's new group members are pretty lame compared to the Hawks. I still dread having to read the balloons of Puck, Isidro, and that other fairy fearing that another lame-ass joke will ruin the moment that the chapter may be trying to develop. I mentioned Puck because he has changed also in terms of humor. I was always a bit apathetic towards Puck, but now I hate him a little bit since he always says these lame one-liners and they're always observations on whats going on. I do kind of miss the period right after the Eclipse how he would always be the one trying to keep Guts' conscience in check with a light touch of decent humor.

The Golden Age Era was pretty good, but imo not as good as after that period with the exception of the Eclipse and a couple of fights. I was getting a little tired of the different ways people can get sliced up through the course of several pages. However, I see that still happens in the recent chapters (the crocodiles by the beach from several chapters ago).
Also, the formula was moreless the same: Midland has a problem, the royal armies haven't been able to deal with it, in steps Griffith who says he can do it, people are shocked, he succeeds, and he gets recognition. I still liked the moments though when ever this formula altered and had a different scenario like the queen and members want to kill Griffith. Also, what made the Golden Age era so good was as some ones said the anticipation that something ominous was inevitable throughout the whole arc. Also, Griffith made that arc really good. He seems far more intriguing than Guts. Guts didn't and still doesn't have that much of a personality. All that is seen is mostly anger (rightfully so) and a little bit of sadness. However, I see that he may be starting to have a personality because of this new crowd so I suppose they deseve some credit. Still I think the fairies and the kid add too much comic relief and hope that Guts under some influence from the armor or apostles kill them off. Although, Puck should remain, maybe he will turn back to his old self when he sees that things aren't so dandy as he makes them to be in the recent chapters.
Also, I don't like it when the author tries too hard to make him badass. For some reason, I wasn't blown away as others when in the latest chapter, Serpico remarks that Guts got up mainly to talk trash. I suppose

I am jaded a bit, and the incremental release of chapters have plenty to do with it, but also the new group. Regardless, I haven't lost hope despite the harsh and heretical things I've said concerning this masterpiece. I know Miura is unlike any other manga author especially since he has been the only one to have my jaw drop multiple times at certain points of Berserk.

In some ways i agree with Femto too.

I quoted you cause i was just about to post how i thought the new group members are very lame compared to Hawks.

I thought Berserk up to when he left Flora's house was the best manga i have read so far.

Since then it has become alittle RPG like. This merry group with the witch,the little kid,elves,the dude fighting with magical beings and the guy with the huge sword.

It has become too magical and shonen type story for my taste.

Still when i see Guts,Zodd or any other apostle in action or talking about the battle against the apostles, its as great as it ever was.

I still love this manga ,depsite how this new group has tamed the manga.

I woulndt say as Femto that hasnt been interesting since vol 13.

I hope one day soon Guts dumps one or two from the merry group and the story can become like it was before. The struggle to survive and the never ending war against the apostles.

If not end the manga before vol 40 and before its gets more shonen like ala Naruto....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

Berserk was better before because it was more voilent and cruel. ;) Also Guts fighting solo.
jojokaizer
imanewbie

Post by jojokaizer »

the40thieves wrote:
jojokaizer wrote:not so much that there weren't fights per se... more so due to the fights having no meaning. 1-13 flash back arc fights were all very focused to a goal. griffith fought for his dream, guts to protect, and caskca to serve. these new arcs basically throws a lot of big monsters at guts and shows him cutting things apart without much depth..... guts vs zodd first time around quite possibly one of the best fights in the series for me, why? cause it keeps you wanting for MORE when zodd forshadows the fate of the hawks and guts. I m sorry, I much rather more talk and progression of a great story then pointless fan service fights here and there.
I have to disagree with you when you say that the fights have no meaning or focus. The Lost Children Arc is essentially a continuation of the Blackswordsman days. I think this encounter was needed in terms of story telling to conclude Gatt's futile and somewhat insane quest to kill apostles and also to lay the ground work for introducing Serpico and Farneze. Even the title of the arc 'Lost Children' is appropriate in the context to Gatts, cause just like the twisted children, Gatts too was a lost child who strayed from the path he should of taken (which was protecting his precious survivor, Caska). People that felt this arc was filler of meaningless violence are on the right track, because even for Gatts it WAS meaningless violence, a way for him to burn his hatred. Ironically enough, I felt this meaningless violence brought alot to the character of Gatts and it made the weight of Godo's words and his regret for losing Caska that much more of a powerful sequence.

When Gatts goes to the Tower of Rebirth to rescue Caska, that is hardly what I'd call a fight with no meaning. When Gatt's firmly states to the Apostle, "I won't let you touch that women ever again!", that was a powerful, meaningful moment that sent chills down my spine. Then you have the long awaited reunion of Griffith and Gatts on the Hill of Swords, and if that was a fight with no meaning then I don't know what is.

I do think the first 13 chapters were alot more powerful because of its flashback nature. You knew by the end of volume 3 that something terrible was going to happen to Gatts and that Griffith would go bad. I think knowing the ephemeral destiny of the hawks made them a more endearing cast because you knew something bad would happen and that made them more human knowing that they were fallialbe and would fail in the end.

The hawks trying their hardest to escape and survive the eclipse became a real beautiful heart wrenching moment of humanity, made so much more powerful by the fact that you knew they would not make it. It's the same concept from the epic Beowulf, though Beowulf knew he and his people and way of life would die out and all his work was futile, he still put it all on the line and chose to be the existential hero and fought the dragon. It's the same thing with the Hawks, they fought to the very end to survive.

The current story doesn't have the same effect, because for us Gatts and Co. destiny isn't set the way the Hawk's destiny was set because the story is now in the present and filled with uncertainty and no finality as to their destiny, unlike the Hawks' story arc set in flashback with a horrible resolution looming ominously on the horizon. For Gatt's and Co. there still is hope for a happy ending, but for the hawks that wasn't going to happen, there is nope hope and it was so final from very early on. The unevitalbe tragedy has a much more profound effect than the uncertain happy ending in my opinion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that alot of these fights do have meaning in the context of the brutality. I just think the hang up comes from the shift in genre and the shift in the way the story is told. The cast is losing more and more human relatable traits in their figtst, and for some, I think it detracts from the story, because in truth so much of the story is told through violence. It's easy to empathize with a young soldier fighting other people to realize a dream, its a bit of a stretch to get that same-close-to-home feeling with someone who wields a feather with magical sylphs that allow him to basically fly and mow down dozens of fantasy enemies, that's less human and less relatable and where I think some people feel the story declines. I don't think its a decline, I just think its a shift some people can't or don't want to make as far as immersing in this incredibly rich story.

Love, The40Thieves

P.S. Hello to you all.
that's exactly the problem at hand.... you don't really CARE about anyone else but guts, but it's really getting dull watching him kill thousands of monsters for his cause that we all know it very very well by now and the fact that he pretty much can't die either doesn't help build tension in the manga. so the story continues with boring generic group of adventurers run around and watches guts do the work towards his revenge on griffith..... I have to say this though, the first few volumes after the eclipse were quite good and entertaining, it's just that the formula of guts owning ppl every few chapters with no real story progression is getting really old. either way berserk anime/manga 1-13 is still THE best anime/manga I have ever seen or read, (and I've seen and read a lot) so not giving up hope yet, just kinda disappointed at this moment.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:I thought Berserk up to when he left Flora's house was the best manga i have read so far.
Yeah, despite some hiccups here and there, I'd say that the manga really started to go downhill after they found the kid on the beach (an interesting subplot which we've heard nothing about since) and decided to go to Elfheim.

Up to that point, there was some really great stuff in there, the relationship between Guts and crazy Caska and her running away, the introduction of the new cast (Serpico was more interesting back then) the whole Tower of Rebirth thing, Griffith coming back as a human and his encounter with Guts, the Berserk Armor and the kid from the beach I mentioned, etc. Even the Roshinu arc, which has no real impact in the story, had some good stuff in there (Guts telling the little girl how he lives in perpetual darkness).

I think the focus was less tighter even then but stuff was happening and the story kept moving along.

How many volumes have they been trying to go to Elfheim already without a single change to the status quo?

Don't forget, Miura has said that he's making it up as he goes along, but it's widely assumed that Miura had everything leading up to at least the Eclipse in mind from the beginning.

With that in mind, it's easy to see why current chapters are so unfocused.

The way I see it, everything that's happening now is just filler until Miura finds something interesting to do.

For god's sake, just let them get to Elfheim already.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Its Elfhelm.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

psi29a wrote:Its Elfhelm.
Is this a new discovery of have I simple been wrong this whole time?

I still don't know if it's Farnese or Farnase.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Libaax wrote:I thought Berserk up to when he left Flora's house was the best manga i have read so far.
Yeah, despite some hiccups here and there, I'd say that the manga really started to go downhill after they found the kid on the beach (an interesting subplot which we've heard nothing about since) and decided to go to Elfheim.

Up to that point, there was some really great stuff in there, the relationship between Guts and crazy Caska and her running away, the introduction of the new cast (Serpico was more interesting back then) the whole Tower of Rebirth thing, Griffith coming back as a human and his encounter with Guts, the Berserk Armor and the kid from the beach I mentioned, etc. Even the Roshinu arc, which has no real impact in the story, had some good stuff in there (Guts telling the little girl how he lives in perpetual darkness).

I think the focus was less tighter even then but stuff was happening and the story kept moving along.

How many volumes have they been trying to go to Elfheim already without a single change to the status quo?

Don't forget, Miura has said that he's making it up as he goes along, but it's widely assumed that Miura had everything leading up to at least the Eclipse in mind from the beginning.

With that in mind, it's easy to see why current chapters are so unfocused.

The way I see it, everything that's happening now is just filler until Miura finds something interesting to do.

For god's sake, just let them get to Elfheim already.
Yeah going to Ellfhelm thing, i wish never has happened.

It was interesing as you say before they decided to go Elfhelm.

I really hope Muira has planned the laters parts of the manga better than he has planned the last arc.

If the last 5-10 vols of the manga is as great as the first 13 vols it will be a fitting end.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:
psi29a wrote:Its Elfhelm.
Is this a new discovery of have I simple been wrong this whole time?

I still don't know if it's Farnese or Farnase.
It's been Elfhelm ("erufuherumu", unless I am mistaken) all along. Miura's official english spelling is "Farnese", but the kana is "farune-ze".
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Satori
imanewbie

Post by Satori »

let me start by saying hi to everyone and thank you all so very much for providing me with the "Essence of Life" aka EG Berserk translations.
Please dont ban me from downloading! But seriously, for the love of Zodd, someone has to do this...

Wow Femto,
Ive been lurking on this forum for years and I never thought Id even read a topic like this, let alone be forced to post on it. Why you ask? Cause I hate the endless forum arguements with people who think thier opinion is more valid than others and in the end nothing gets solved, dont get me wrong, I love a good arugement but when someone crosses the line like this, the debates over and they deserve a fucking good kicking.

Who the fuck do you think you are? If you think you know what makes a good story, you obviously havnt read the one about the gabby, blastphemic, bitchfist, tossle named Femto and how his idiotic delusions of litterary genius clouded his judgement from the one of the greatest masterpieces of all time, only to meet his fate by a large ape who smashes his pumernickle skull into the pavement revealing the fleshy delights with in. Who's that ape? Who are his freinds? Whats he doing? No one cares!
He's just an Ape who doggleganged your bulbous face open, everyone's happy! The Verdict: Good story!!

If a pictures worth a thousand words then Muira's are worth a million you jackass!

I'm hopeless at writing and a terrible speller, I even have trouble wording simple emails for work but if I could get a game of fisticuffs with you if I wrote a best seller, "100 reasons why Femto smokes cock" would hit the shelves tomorrow and every last peron would want to know how fits it all in. One hunread million copies sold in the first week!

I mean fuck man! FUCK! FARRRKK! Your so fucking wrong!

Im a fucking addict and I read, on average, about 3 novels a week, every week and have been doing so since I can remember. Sure there's been lots of devlopment with that overwhelming chrismatic king "Lestat" from the vampire cronicals over the years, the most picturesquely discribed landscapes in Lord of the Rings and unrivled mastery murder mystery solver Sherlock Homes or Edgar Allen Poe's legendary Dupin. But a good story doesnt need charater/story devolpment to be epicly grand. All it needs is a good:

Hero: Someone struggling to overcome the odds and rise to thier goal
(The reader should like this guy)

Antagonizer: Someone who is hated/stronger/didsomethingwrongby than the hero and drives him too the extremes needed to be triamphant.
(The reader should hate this guy)
(the story cant end with this person around)

Why do you think FF7 sold over a million more copies than all of there other 10 pieces of crap? Was it the awesome char/plot devolpment? No fuck no! Its was Sephiroth nigger, some badass that hated everyone and had the biggest sword of them all and burnt entire villiages to the ground. Its the same shit with DBZ no Vegetia, I wouldn't have even watched that shit. Fuck your charater devolpments, who gives a shit about Farneze and Sherike and those other assholes...if you used your head for the right reasons, you'd realise that the reason that thier there is so that they can be sacrifced/killed to further the rage/power of the only fucking charater that matters. Guts is all the charater we'll ever need you stuipid twat!

It seems to me that you started some creative writing course at Uni or Collage or whatever its called over there and on your first day you opened your text book only to find the three step formula to the mediocre bullshit that you've been reading and also that your balls have shrunk three sizes to, then diagnose Berserk into that catagory of talentless writing even though its a fucking manga. Can you believe the audascity of this guy...what a fuckwit!

So at the end of the day, what your saying is that berserk is not a good story? The first 13 chapters where the great but afterwards it all heads in a downward spirl? Well to the rest of us its not a story its a Zodd damn religion and you just declared holy wars on prayer grounds you infedelic pagen scum. I am a defender of the faith and you sir are fucking judas!

The perfect story, for me, is just a main charater you can relate to, I feel Gatts rage, his struggle and the weight of his sword......not to mention the hundreds of thousands people hes killed through the years filling my unwholesome love of death, violence and gore!

**BERSERK > anything else ever written or drawn ever.**

But everyones entitled to there opinions! I just hope everyday (since you'll probably never get the pleasure of been introduced to the business end of my boot) when you wake up and you look it the mirror to see that tretorious, dunpealish, faggot face of yours, you wonder hmm maybe I should pull my brain out of my ass and stop been such cheesewit...

NEXT TIME POST THAT SHIT ON YOUR HARRYPOTTER FAN CLUB SITE, TOSSMITHER!

Gnight all, sorry for getting so angry I just never thought I see the day when someone whos actually read all of berserk and can say that its a bad story and not expect a punch, kind of like that noob who rocked up to the Megadeth concert in a metallica shirt...it was fun to watch him bleed...
(Satori's first and last post!)
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

This topic is controversial to say the least :PLUS1:
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

**grabs a mug of hot cocoa and sits to watch the show** :twisted:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!