Superhero comics and other comics.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

None of them is fake.

Its very simple.

Max universe it like Vertigo and wildstorm is to DC. Its a little of universe of its own and it stories dont belong the main universe.

War journal is in MU and ongoing is in Max U.

If one is fake its War journal cause it has nothing to with happens with the ongiong. After CW it will be like it never existed just like every other event in big universes.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Libaax wrote:After CW it will be like it never existed just like every other event in big universes.
the above is quoteworthy.
=)

thanks for the explanation. punisher WJ will be a non-event most likely as well. he definately will not go around killing off the major villains, thats for sure.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Even villains he can waste in seconds like Spidey low lives villains.

The so called heroes needs someone to screw thier lifes so he cant go around kill any villain worth killing ;)

My man Blade is making comeback to comics and i cant wait its out in less than a month.

Have you read the boys? Garth Ennis new ongoing 60 issues series.

The reviews hail it as the new Preacher.

Have you seen Shaun of the dead? One the main guys is modeled after him :lol:
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i havent read any of those.
i wiki'ed The Boys and it sounds something along the lines of Powers so i may check it out.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The theme might be the same, policing superheroes.

I havent read Powers yet but it makes itchy when people compare my fav Ennis to Bendis :P
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I know im a little behind, but as of now i am half way through the Age of Apocalypse. Once again is another one of those crazy Xmen stories, but it does have me hooked.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

age of apocalyse rocks. the new character designs were very refreshing.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Khelegond wrote:Can't get it here on Brazil, my friend. I always buy the things I like, but that stuff is impossible to get here :(
Point taken.

Still, the stuff is available for free at the PVP site.
Libaax wrote:Max universe it like Vertigo and wildstorm is to DC. Its a little of universe of its own and it stories dont belong the main universe.
Not really.

The only thing that separates the MAX imprint from the rest of the Marvel Universe is the mature rating.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What do you think Vertigo is?

It started out as a little spot for adult comics. Most of its comics are adult rated, 100 Bullets,Hellblazer etc. Nowadays its mostly wierd tales kind of comics but most of them go the Vertigo cause they are too adult for the regular U or the characters dont belong in DCU.Characters like Consantine,Deadman etc

Wildstorm there are diffrent part of wildstorm ,storm of the eye thing. Still most of the comics are very adult. These two universe have got much bigger universe of thier own but also have many comics that is in its own little universe. Ex Machina,Fables,Y the last man etc

Of course its not as big or has many good comics as those universes.

Or wait are you saying what happenes in Max Punisher also happens in MU, that you dont know they are diffrent universes ??
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Or wait are you saying what happenes in Max Punisher also happens in MU, that you dont know they are diffrent universes ??
Please direct me to the place where you heard/saw/read that MAX and 616 are different universes.

The Punisher stars a character that appears fairly often in the regular Marvel Universe. It's not like 100 Bullets or Y - The Last man which are completely new stories with completely different characters and completely different settings. You've read enough Punisher MAX comics, how many times do they reference events in the regular Marvel Universe? Didn't Daredevil appear in the very first Ennis/Dillon Punisher story arc?

What about Alias? The main character in that comic was Jessica Jones who was, from what I understand, an in-continuity Marvel superheroine. In fact, the relationship with Luke Cage she had in Alias is touched upon in the first New Avengers story arc.

Joe Quesada said it himself, MAX is just a "different neighborhood" kind of line but it takes place within the Marvel Universe.

You're comparing two different lines from two different companies and assuming that they are handled the same way.

You're ultimately wrong.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, Femto is right. I was going to use Jessica Jones as the example, but I had to leave and had no time to type up a post. Punisher could be set in an alternate universe - but we don't know for certain it is or isn't. Everything printed in MAX isn't set in another universe, it just means it's for more mature readers, much like what the Marvel Knights titles were intended for.

Hellblazer, Swamp Thing and Sandman aren't really set in different universes, despite being under Vertigo imprint. They make appearances in the normal DC universes as well. But yeah, some of the titles are.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Libaax wrote:Or wait are you saying what happenes in Max Punisher also happens in MU, that you dont know they are diffrent universes ??
Please direct me to the place where you heard/saw/read that MAX and 616 are different universes.

The Punisher stars a character that appears fairly often in the regular Marvel Universe. It's not like 100 Bullets or Y - The Last man which are completely new stories with completely different characters and completely different settings. You've read enough Punisher MAX comics, how many times do they reference events in the regular Marvel Universe? Didn't Daredevil appear in the very first Ennis/Dillon Punisher story arc?

What about Alias? The main character in that comic was Jessica Jones who was, from what I understand, an in-continuity Marvel superheroine. In fact, the relationship with Luke Cage she had in Alias is touched upon in the first New Avengers story arc.

Joe Quesada said it himself, MAX is just a "different neighborhood" kind of line but it takes place within the Marvel Universe.

You're comparing two different lines from two different companies and assuming that they are handled the same way.

You're ultimately wrong.
Daredevil and co appeared in Vol 4 Punisher but that was MARVEL KNIGHTS not MAX.

MAX Punisher is in it own universe, Fury is the perfect example of it, Fury 616 and Fury Max are totaly diffrent. When 616 Fury was in hiding Max Fury worked as usuall for the goverment in Mother Russia.

Max Punisher is assumed by many like me that it is in his own universe.

CAUSE not even once has anyone from 616 appeared in the comic or something that happens in 616 mentioned.

Tell me one 616 comic that has been totaly left outside 616??

Also if Max Punisher wasnt in it own little world, they wouldnt make a CW Punisher mini. They would just make the ongoing a tie in.

But since everyone that reads Max Punisher knows its in it own little world, they must make CW mini that are very diffrent from the Max comic.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Actually, in Mother Russia, Fury mentioned before that he wanted SHIELD back, and he fucked up in the Secret War, thus he lost control of SHIELD. That may be a reference to the 616 Fury which lost his chain of command. The Generals wanted to keep a low profile, but wanted to be certain someone could do the job. I mean, they hired someone to stage a suicide plane attack on Russia and all, I don't see why they couldn't get someone like Fury that's wanted by both SHIELD and the government. Those generals has got some hard core connections.

And Jennie Cookie the social worker was seen in the Marvel Knights v4 of Punisher, the Slavers in the MAX, and the underground corpses in Marvel Knights.

Those are just some pointers that shows that MAX is connected to the 616 universe. It may not be 100% for certain it is, since Frank hasn't run into any super powered freak in NY, and we all know the city is infested with them, regardless how big it is.

Anyway, I don't really like it how all the titles are affected by Civil War, it's a load of shit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Her name is Cooke i think not Cookie.

Still it seems like they want us to think Max Punisher is in it own but they dont wanna say it out loud just in case they change thier mind and bring him back to 616 to fight villains and co.

That is showed by thier "diffrent neighberhood" remark.

Punisher's DD appereance is also another way of using Frank, if it was in Max Punisher he would have killed as many as he could in the riot. He woulndt let lowlives live when he could kill them.

Since DD's a teen comic, Frank cant go on killing spree.

If they ever bring Punsher back from his own part in Max i would be disgusted. Ennis has shown that Frank is at his best storywise when he is on his own fighting his holy war.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Max Punisher is assumed by many like me that it is in his own universe.
Keyword: Assumed.

I can think of many reasons why the Punisher MAX comic isn't tied to CW.

Marvel might not want a CW tie-in to be for mature readers only, or maybe Ennis politely told them to go fuck themselves.

Keep in mind, not every single Marvel title is a CW tie-in.

The X-Men are also getting a limited series for CW, it doesn't mean they don't exist in the regular MU.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Is someone going to buy Zombies Vs Robots, with art by Ashley Wood ? I ordered it. Can'T wait to read it. I mean, what can go wrong when you put zombies and robots in the same story ?

If some of you read Popbot, I'd like to get some feedback.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Never heard of it but, Zombies, Robots, Ashley Wood? Im there!!!
Groovy!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Libaax wrote:Max Punisher is assumed by many like me that it is in his own universe.
Keyword: Assumed.

I can think of many reasons why the Punisher MAX comic isn't tied to CW.

Marvel might not want a CW tie-in to be for mature readers only, or maybe Ennis politely told them to go fuck themselves.

Keep in mind, not every single Marvel title is a CW tie-in.

The X-Men are also getting a limited series for CW, it doesn't mean they don't exist in the regular MU.
Come on you are gonna compare X-men THE superhero comic to Punisher?

Our assumpions was proved by Quesada's diffrent neighberhood which to people who reads comics like Max Punisher means the comic wont interfere with the regular U.

We will see what happens the day Ennis leaves Punisher and they decide to put him back to "regular" U. If what happened in Max was alternative timeline or not.

About Max just to you know i was talking about Max Punisher i dont know other Max comics cause i didnt read Alias or some other Max comic.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Just read New Avengers 23.

Boy, was it shit. It seems they've discarded all the conspiracy theory with SHIELD and HYDRA because of the Civil War, it just feels all the work building up before is wasted. Not that it was interesting or anything to begin with. We find out that Iron Man is a real dick, which isn't surprising. Spider Man is now a real douche too.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Bendis, it feels like his writing is more like schoolyard banter. Most of the dialogue feels like it's spoken by juveniles and there is a lot of dialogue. Which is why he's well suited for Ultimate Spider Man, I did not enjoy his run on the Ultimate X-Men at all, especially compared to Millar's work. Ultimate Spider Man still remains as one of my favourite comics.

Also, regarding MAX, if MAX imprint Punisher ever goes CW, sales will plummet. People who buy Punisher is not interested in anything remotely CW. They just want to see Frank kick some slimeballs' asses. Which is why Punisher will have his own CW imprint, which does not interfere with the MAX at all. At the end, it's all about sales and money, not about canonical events or whatnot.

Even if Quesada says that CW will not interfere with MAX, doesn't mean that MAX is set on another Universe. It just means the CW storyline won't intervene with anything in MAX, which is quite a relief. I can think of other titles which are not associated with CW, namely X-Men. Half of the X-Men are either in space, or in some random place with Sabretooth, but still take the time to appear in some CW events. And also, Astonishing X-Men, that title is not set in another timeline, and White Queen is acting like a real evil bitch right now, but she's there with Scott Summers right now in the CW titles right now. Surprise. MAX is not like the Ultimate universe. So there.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I meant Max Punisher is in his universe not that Max is its own universe.

I read only Punisher of Max so i cant speak for comics i dont read.

By in his universe i mean in his own little world until they decide to bring him back to the regular MU or make the comic like every other supes in 616.

Like you said Max Punisher is what it is cause people like it this way. They wont bring him back.

Mostly its cause of Ennis who dont want what he writes to happen in 616 that it feels like Max Punisher is in his own little world.

Also Punisher isnt only about kicking slimball ass, its very dark and great take on a viglante. Slavers and Up is Down and Black is White shows that.

The thing is Max Punisher could be as well in a line like Vertigo or Wildstorm if Marvel had a line like that cause his stories has nothing to do with regular MU.

Its so refereshing to see a guy that fights real evil aka the human trafficking bastards in Slavers.

Thats so much better than so called heroes fighting eacother every year in events like *Yawn* Civil War.

Thats why Batman,Punisher are my two fav "heroes". They are vigilantes that fights street crime. Batman in events like IC i dont like. He is like Punisher best in his own sick town with its freaks and lowlives.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:Most of the dialogue feels like it's spoken by juveniles and there is a lot of dialogue.
This is probably the first completely valid and well-founded criticism I've heard/read about Bendis.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sometimes, reading an issue of whatever comic Bendis has written feels well suited for an episode of Gilmore Girls instead.

Avengers Disassembled and House of M had one of the worst storylines I've seen. I went straight to DC comics because of that, that was the last straw. Infinite Crisis was way better handled than the House of M events.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/ ... ays12.html

Joe Quesada teases us about that picture throughout the whole interview saying it was created by X artist for Y project and then changing his mind every other question.

He finishes by saying it's just a piece of fan art.

It's a pretty cool looking piece regardless.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Of course it was piece of fan art.

Like they dare to change status qou......

I have started reading Powers which is suppose to be Bendis best work, it is a good take one supes with special art but once again his dialogue kills the comics.

He puts soo many unessesery words in every page. Every page has 1000000 words too much.

Shows me finaly that i wont ever read Bendis again if not i must like he writes an event like CW.

I also started the old Power of Shazam! series from 94-99.

I love it, lighthearted fun and golden age fun stories.

I never liked Captain Marvel before that comic.

I hope his next series is like this instead of the grim and gritty Trails of Shazam!
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is better than i thought. im getting into allan moore's stuff recently. starting to read From Hell as well.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."