Superhero comics and other comics.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i am sorry people, but i thought this summer was the Marvel's summer with their Marvel Civil War, but i was wrong. Marvel is off the boat for this summer, or should i say plane?

I present to you, Snakes on a Plane In a Comic.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=73730
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You are alittle late.

I read about this comic in june ;)

Dixon is a fav writer of mine but i dont see whats so special about Snakes in a plane.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

The movie probably sucks, but the idea is just amazing. I mean a killer who doesn't find a better way to kill somebody than spaming snakes in a plane! THis is an insanely ridiculous pitch, and probably a 2nd degree (3rd? 4th?) movie, like Eight Legged Freaks (Yes I saw that shit, that was something).

And it migth just work.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

halfnhalf wrote:i am sorry people, but i thought this summer was the Marvel's summer with their Marvel Civil War, but i was wrong. Marvel is off the boat for this summer, or should i say plane?

I present to you, Snakes on a Plane In a Comic.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=73730
Dood. No.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

hey ryu what comic did you get your av from???
i find it vaguely familiar but cannot remember where i have seen it~
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Bat Girl Year One?
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Quest wrote:hey ryu what comic did you get your av from???
i find it vaguely familiar but cannot remember where i have seen it~
Not really sure exactly what comic this is from, but I'm pretty sure this is from an issue of Batgirl, before Cass turned evil.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

well thanks guys.
i still cant recall. i thought it was from some elseworlds story.
=)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its prolly an elseworld the horrible art shows that.

Anyone read new Jonah Hex series, i started reading and its old school western style stories with very good art.

I never knew there could be a good western in DC.

I also read XIII comic the belgium famous comic. Its very good even more interesting than the game. Sad though that only 6 issues of 18 vols are translated in english.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Has everyone seen Joe Mad's sketches for Ultimates 3?

http://www.joemadfan.com/gallery/p17_sectionid/22

I had only seen his Cap before I found these but I'm actually pretty excited about him doing the artwork after seeing the rest of them.

His Hulk looks pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.

Also, I read Batman: Dark Victory recently and it's better than the Long Halloween. It's tied very closely to the first book (a sequel pretty much), but it leaves a better sense of closure and ties some of the plot points from TLH very nicely.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Someone I know has been asking around for a comic, but hasn't had much luck in finding anything about it.
My friend wrote:This is pretty obscure, so I don't expect much of an answer, but here goes nothing.

It's an American, b&w, comic from the 80's and used to be published with a bunch of other comics.
I forget the magazine's name but I believe the series was named Black Angel (I could be wrong though).

The premise is a guy ends up unwilling committing some kind of horrible crime before he dies and ends up in hell only to discover that he was sent by god to claim the remaining redeemable souls left in hell before he ends the world.

The main wears a black hat and trenchcoat, much like Darkman, but has a simple black mask and weilds 2 katanas. Iirc he wears the mask since he doesn't have red skin and horns that people normally have in hell.

Another notable character was a witch, who in exchange for keeping her earthly appearence (no red skin, no horns) and not suffering an enternity of torture, uses her powers as a servent of the devil. Iirc her and her family were massacred in the salem witch trials.

I doubt anyone scanned it but if anyone has any info on this I'd greatly appreciate it.
Anyone here know anything about it, what it's really called, where to find it, etc?
MPD Psycho
imanewbie

Post by MPD Psycho »

hey, people, MAD`s sketches look pretty awesome, as always. Does it mean he`s going to do the third volume?? Could someone please tell me where we`re standing with the ultimates? I assume its vol 2 about nr.12-13? Am I right? And how many issues was in vol1???
Thanks in advance.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its 12 issues per volume Ultimates that is. This vol is 13 issues for some reason though.

Wandering_Mystic:

If someone here doesnt know i can ask in zcult which is a real comics forums with many members.
MPD Psycho
imanewbie

Post by MPD Psycho »

Thanks, man. I knew it was a stupid question but I`ve just realized how stupid it was (it didn`t come to my mind it could possibly be one issue per month, lol). Damn, so emarrasing. Thanks, anyway:D:D
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:Has everyone seen Joe Mad's sketches for Ultimates 3?

I had only seen his Cap before I found these but I'm actually pretty excited about him doing the artwork after seeing the rest of them.

Also, I read Batman: Dark Victory recently and it's better than the Long Halloween. It's tied very closely to the first book (a sequel pretty much), but it leaves a better sense of closure and ties some of the plot points from TLH very nicely.
Dark Victory is better cause the mystery is more interesting.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:Has everyone seen Joe Mad's sketches for Ultimates 3?

I like his Cap, Iron Man, and Black Widow, but I'm not too hot on the Thor sketch.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Dark Victory is better cause the mystery is more interesting.
Definitely.

I think that has something to do with the fact that Dark Victory builds up from what happened in The Long Halloween, whereas the latter had to start from zero.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

thanks for the link, femto.

mad's pencils are the best in the industry but it seems he cannot hold to his deadlines very well after his run on uncanny x-men. its good that he will be penciling ultimates but i hope it would not delay ultimate's erratic schedule further.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I like Cap,Iron Man and Black Widow too but dont like his Thor.

Hitch's look much better.

Ultimates cant get any late than they are now..... i hope.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I was at Borders again and saw both Long Halloween and Dark Victory. I started Long Halloween and went to like chapter 8 before I had to leave. I decided since Dark Victory builds off of it then I should read that first.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:I decided since Dark Victory builds off of it then I should read that first.
That's a good idea.

You'd be lost in Dark Victory is you hadn't read The Long Halloween, it wouldn't be as good at the very least.

There's some Year One stuff in The Long Halloween as well, but I don't think it's entirely necessary.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Long Halloween and Dark Victory both are Year One stories in the days when Batman wasnt the one every criminal feared as they do now.

You dont have to read the actual Year One book to undestand Long Halloween.

But if you havent read Year One by Miller you dont actually know Bats origin.

I finished reading Barracuda, it was the worst arc in Punisher vol 5 by far. The only arc that wasnt great.

I also read Slavers book, the darkest Punisher story by far and the best Punisher story in Punisher monthly.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

"Like a smokin' hot supermodel with a bear trap for a pussy."

100 Bullets is just too damn good.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote:"Like a smokin' hot supermodel with a bear trap for a pussy."

soo true, on issue 26.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:"Like a smokin' hot supermodel with a bear trap for a pussy."

I just read vol 8 containing issues 50-56.

That best volume so far, we got to see more Minutemen,trust origin and such a cool noir story.