Which Mangas are you reading?

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Haven't read Tough yet, there are still other series that deserve a look first ;)

and yeah, there're sooo much fighting mangas out there, you cant even count them.

silverado
Last edited by silverado on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Actually there are too few good fighting mangas that i know of.

I mean there is Change Guy,Baki,Tough,Shamo,Shura No Mon(sadly only 5 vols scanned).

When i say fight mangas i mean hand to hand combat.

Naruto,OP and stuff dont count even.

There are good other fight mangas like Vagabond,Blade of the immortal etc but there are very few that are as good Vagabond etc.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Ah I forgot to mention Ares, it's good too.

silverado
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

silverado wrote:Ah I forgot to mention Ares, it's good too.

silverado
Too bad they stopped translating that manga(manhwa?), I just started it and it was very enjoyable to read. Rumors were that the mangaka stop drawing?
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Korean Manga Translation are just slow. Just wait 2 weeks for the next chapter.

silverado
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

the list of mangas i am reading/waiting for chapters is long but i will post non the less :D (and for people who have never heard of some of these ill put something to tell what there about but i suggest reading all of them they are all great.

+Anima (humans with animal abilities)
20th century boys (mystery/adventure)
337 Byooshi (boy becomes cheerleader for gigolos*very funny)
666 satan (satan on a journey to rule the world*artist is the brother of the naruto artist)
abara (new manga by blame,and biomega artist)
air gear
alive (new disease causes some people to gain powerful abilities)
ares (mercenaries)
baki (fighting)
banya (about postal service in ancient/medieval times with lots of fighting)
beck (band/music)
beet the vandal buster (monsters)
berserk (war/fighting)
biomega (futuristic)
bleach (fighting evil ghosts)
change guy (fighting)
D.Grey-man (fighting evil ghosts)
dangu (fighting)
dragonhead (post apocalyptic japan)
eden (post apocalyptic japan)
eyeshield 21 (football)
fire candy (half human half animal teenagers(manga by same artist as airgear))
gantz (fighting aliens)
get backers (100% retrieval service(same artist as GTO))
Golden Boy (about a boy who will one day save japan...no the world...maybe)
guyver (aliens)
hajime no ippo (boxing)
hero (fighting)(chinese manga)
higanjima (vampires)
i'm Doushirou (Boy who thinks hes a samurai in modern japan)
Kilico (assassins)
kurozuka (vampires, manga takes place from edo period up until future)
legends of soma
legendary leader shou
mr.fullswing (baseball)
naruto (ninjas)
nortaka (fighting/comedy)
one piece (pirates)
priest (demons/very dark)
prince of tennis
real (basket ball)
rebirth (vampires and demons)
shamo (fighting)
shin angyo onsh i
shounan junai gumi (prequel too GTO)
tenjou tenge (fighting)
tough (fighting)
ultra red (fighting)
vagabond (samurai)
wild adapter (yakuza)
zetman
Last edited by Pergatory on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Right now i am reading Samurai Excutioner by the great dou of Kojima and Koike of Lone Wolf and Cub fame.

Plan to read Bleach vol 19 and up after Samurai Excutioner.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

pergatory, i can see that you are waiting on two of my series. I want to see more fullswing and tough too...
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Nobody reads "The Ravages of Time"? If you like Dynasty warriors, it's the manga about it. I quite like it, but sometimes those tactics are too complex to read and you get confused. Zhou Yun is the main character (protagonist) and Lu Buu is the antagonist.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

it's ok but not good as Ryuurouden

silverado
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Devil_Dante wrote:Nobody reads "The Ravages of Time"? If you like Dynasty warriors, it's the manga about it. I quite like it, but sometimes those tactics are too complex to read and you get confused. Zhou Yun is the main character (protagonist) and Lu Buu is the antagonist.
Zhou Yun? Who was that again?

I thought the leader of the handicapped warriors was the hero. Hou something is his name.

These guys except Lu Buu its impossible to remember thier names for me,cause they are so similer names or names you just cant remember.
NoX
imanewbie

Post by NoX »

Currently reading Vagabond, started a few days back.Masterpiece...much action,some drama,historic.A manga for fighting manga fans(but you all probably read it already).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ares i have wanted to read for a long time.

Its just the kind of manga i like.

Nice sword action cool characters,fantasy and most of all no super powers ala Naruto.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

In a normal grown up perspective RoT(Ravages of Time) should be better than Ryuuroden, just by looking at the tactics and their realism or the plots and their surprises rate.
By normal, I mean someone who goes to school, reads the text in the mangas, not just the ones in the bubbles, at least tries to understand whats going on, reads back when its not understood and as a little bit of rationnality(ex: Even if your favorite heroes are on the Shu side, dont think its even possible to slay 100 000 men with 5000 men in 1 night using medieval weapons, no canons or catapults, 2 times in a row without losing 1000 men)
But if you prefer thinking the opposite, go ahead and like Ryuu more than RoT just like my 11 years old bro.

Zhou Yun? Who was that again?
Its not Zhou Yun, but Zhao Yun, Zhou Yun sounds more like Zhou Yu(Wu tactician) than Zhao Yun(Shu general). Its normal that you feel confused when people keeps misspelling the names when there is not much difference between them and so many of them, I learned with time playing DW3 to 5. Zhao Yun is the name given by the Shu 3 brothers to Huo the leader of the handicaped warriors in RoT. Even the translators misspell the names sometimes...

About Ares, the team stopped becuz, Geeker, the one doing Ares and CG is occupied this summer, they should start it back when he comes back if ever...
*EDIT: Ares c73 was just released when I was writing this post, is it an omen?*

Currently reading some Deus Vitae and Reccord of Lodoss War series that I hadnt read before. Cant say its really good.

fire candy (half human half animal teenagers(manga by same artist as airgear))
Oh Great! is the artist of Fire Candy? I doubt it somehow...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ah now i remember that those brother gave Hou Zhao Yun name in the last chapter i read which was 57.

I like ROT cause its reaks historical fiction and realism. I have read books like this manhua and love those kind of stories.

I read so many action and unrealistic mangas like Naruto,bleach etc so its nice reading ROT.

Heh about Ares when i read your post i was like whats Finito talking about ,they just realesed new chapter :)

I read 6 vols of Ares yesterday, i love it when i get caught up in a story.'

I like that Ares isnt the token teenage shonen hero. I mean he is a killer who doesnt talk about how great having friends and how to protect them is ala Naruto,Bleach etc
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Finito wrote:In a normal grown up perspective RoT(Ravages of Time) should be better than Ryuuroden, just by looking at the tactics and their realism or the plots and their surprises rate.

But if you prefer thinking the opposite, go ahead and like Ryuu more than RoT just like my 11 years old bro.
I somehow doubt that you've thoroughly read Ryuuroden and

how the fuck is ROT supposed to be realistic?

silverado
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha good pic ;)

What i mean by realistic is that is captures how they lived in those days well.

Since its historical fiction and actionoriented there are some unrealistic fights thats something you gotta take.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

My post was talking about the realism of the tactics...Not the fighting...
If you think thats unrealistic... imagine Ryuuroden... 100 men is nothing compared to 10 000 men each for Guan Yu and Zhang Fei in Ryuu.
Lets not start on manga fighting being realistic I dont remember seeing a realistic manga when it comes to that.

I am following Ryuuroden releases for your info, and I dont think as Zhou Yu says that infiltrating alone in the enemy's camp to rescue the Dragon princess is the best strategy ever, especially when your only plan is to disguise yourself as a warrior, knowing nothing of the enemies traps...
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Just heard Buso Renkin was canceled, if that´s true maybe it´ll smack the author some sense.
Rhyme Scientist
imanewbie

Post by Rhyme Scientist »

Currently on a rampage reading from chapter 1 to chapter 740 on the manga "Hajime no Ippo".

God, addictive.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

i wouldnt be suprised if most of u knew this already but i didnt so im just gonna post this anyways. the manga vagabond, is based on real people who lived in japan, musashi really existed and was considered the greatest swords man of all time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh most of us knew that before reading Vagabond cause Mushashi is a samurai legend. I mean the books he wrote still sell 400 years after his death .

Vagabond is based on a book about his life.

Most of the characters were real people.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I found the best free site to Direct DL manga http://www.Mangaspot.com So far I have been reading Vagabond and BOTI, both are really good cant wait to get to the end so I can wait like the rest of you LOL.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

cool site but they arent up to date

silverado
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Sandman wrote:I found the best free site to Direct DL manga http://www.Mangaspot.com So far I have been reading Vagabond and BOTI, both are really good cant wait to get to the end so I can wait like the rest of you LOL.
Are you crazy ? Just wondering since i hate to wait and you look forward to it :P

Thankfully there are so many mangas i can read while i wait.