~Moviez Of 2k6~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Femto wrote: The movie has far more retarded plot issues for us to complain about (Luthor just assumes that the newly formed continent will legally be his? Or the whole "Hey, Clark is back and so is Superman! But it MUST be nothing more than a freak coincidence" thing).
Yes, it is stupid, but I think everyone got over it years ago. All superman has to do is change his hair slightly and put on some glasses and no one has a fucking clue who he is. Its retarded, but people accept it, now quit your bitching.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote: Without the kryptonite Superman is even more useless and the lamest comic hero there is,cause nobody is suppose to be like that who cant be killed.
Alucard from hellsing is kind of like that except he rips people apart and has a different weakness.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

zOMG teh Superman is teh Vampire! RHOFFL!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:I really disliked the Superman movie but I'm sorry, you people are bitching about the most stupid things.

1) Kryptonite fucks Superman up.

2) You establish the former in the movie by really fucking up Superman with kryptonite.

3) You prove that Superman is a hero by having him struggle to overcome his inherent weakness to save millions of lives.

It's that simple.

I guess we're all fucking experts on kryptonite all of a sudden.

"What?! The kryptonite didn't kill him?! OMG, Continuity!!!"

Give me a break.

The movie has to choose what the fuck this stuff does to him. It's not like they can pick and choose "Oh well he can't tell that Kryptonite does anything to him when he's standing on top of it, but if he is really pissed or has to save the world, he can just shake it off" because if it simply de-powers him then the shard should have been like just stabbing a regular dude. If he can't take a punch from Lex-fucking-Luthor with this stuff in the viscinity, he can't lift a small continent. No getting over his limitations either. I don't care if he had a miniature yellow sun in his belt buckle, Kryptonite hurts this guy and robs him of his powers. It's not up for debate.
ImageImage
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

yeah tempest explained it the best.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Gaiseric wrote:Yes, it is stupid, but I think everyone got over it years ago. All superman has to do is change his hair slightly and put on some glasses and no one has a fucking clue who he is. Its retarded, but people accept it, now quit your bitching.
You know, suspension of disbelief is one thing, but this movie is asking you to be stupid.

Tempest missed the point entirely.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Simply watching the movie or reading a comic book requires a suspension of disbelief, this requires a leap of unquestioned faith. Sorry, I guess after seeing "Batman Begins" I figured they were starting to really get this stuff done right, and I wouldn't have to bitch about this obvious stuff which seems below you guys to list off as problems.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Sorry, I guess after seeing "Batman Begins" I figured they were starting to really get this stuff done right,
Batman is not Superman.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about this.

The movie sucked either way.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

At least they didnt have a non-flying Superman without his traditional suit and he didnt have to fight a giant spider, like they were planning 8 years back for Superman Reborn.

I think we can all be thankful for that.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote:
The movie has to choose what the fuck this stuff does to him. It's not like they can pick and choose "Oh well he can't tell that Kryptonite does anything to him when he's standing on top of it, but if he is really pissed or has to save the world, he can just shake it off" because if it simply de-powers him then the shard should have been like just stabbing a regular dude. If he can't take a punch from Lex-fucking-Luthor with this stuff in the viscinity, he can't lift a small continent. No getting over his limitations either. I don't care if he had a miniature yellow sun in his belt buckle, Kryptonite hurts this guy and robs him of his powers. It's not up for debate.
I have one unexplainable answer for all that. PMS, women to amazing things and superman is a woman at heart.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

BasouKazuma wrote:At least they didnt have a non-flying Superman without his traditional suit and he didnt have to fight a giant spider, like they were planning 8 years back for Superman Reborn.

I think we can all be thankful for that.
I got a real kick out of hearing that story in "A Night with Kevin Smith"

"So I have Superman: he can't fly, he can't have a cape, and he's fighting a giant metal spider"
ImageImage
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

The movies are on YouTube. Search around for them...the interview is in 5 parts...he is just too fucking funny...but the Superman one is the best, of course.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

tools.. i posted that fucking link with Kevin Smith.

stop talking about superman and lets talk about how cool Clerks 2 and SoaP is gonna be.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Clerks 2 is going to suck.

Kevin Smith's movies have been going in a downward spiral to hell since the first one.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I want to see Taladaga Nights with Will Ferrral.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Malvado wrote:
Libaax wrote: Without the kryptonite Superman is even more useless and the lamest comic hero there is,cause nobody is suppose to be like that who cant be killed.
Alucard from hellsing is kind of like that except he rips people apart and has a different weakness.
Did you get my post?

I said without Kryptonite Superman has no weakness,it was the only thing that made him interesting. Sínce the farm boy and boy scout stuff is boring.

ALucard has several weaknesses have you seen his fights with Anderson.

Alucard isnt like that cause he has a WEAKNESS.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote:Clerks 2 is going to suck.

Kevin Smith's movies have been going in a downward spiral to hell since the first one.

dogma?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:dogma?
What?

Dogma is a terrible movie created for the sole purpose of stirring up controversy.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Kevin Smith is going to be at comicon.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

A better example of a good Kevin Smith movie would be Chasing Amy. Which you can argue is better than Clerks, but you can't really compare the two.

I havent watched both in a while, so my memory of them is a little fuzzy.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Hulk sequel is going to be directed by the Transporter dude.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77598

I don't know if that's good news or bad.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Kevin Smiths movies are not for everyone, and I don't look down on those that don't like it. However, I like them and I can't wait to see Clerks II.

Dogma was contraversial because picked at the inconsistancies in the Catholic church.

Killfile and I will go see Clerks II when it gets releases. :P
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Usually movies fall down in personal tastes...but I unfortunately gotta admit, I'm Kevin Smith's bitch. Of course, I didn't like Jersey Girl...
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Animal Crossing. I believe my life is now more complete.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:The Hulk sequel is going to be directed by the Transporter dude.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77598

I don't know if that's good news or bad.
I think its good news cause he has made great movies like Nikita,Kiss of the Dragon,Ronin etc.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran