Which Mangas are you reading?

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Fuji Nagase wrote:if you take the time to read it and understand the characters and plot, Dead End actually does make sense. the artwork is not what i would call bad, but rough and very stylized. perfect for the whack plot. i think its pretty good actually. i read it a while back and dropped it, but i am starting to pick it up again. i say give it another try. it took me a while to like it.
I finished the manga some time ago, in the end the artwork didn't bother me anymore, and the plot was very nice.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I just picked up ES, or Eternal Sabath. I'm already hooked and downloading now.

It's essentially about a man who can control the exact thoughts of everyone he meets. He has complete control over people, and goes around doing whatever he wants and mostly helping others. It becomes very interesting when he meets somebody whose mind he can't control.
The art is very nice, and at times gorgeous. The characters are very attractive. Lots of nice surreal scenes as he probes the minds of others.

Random kick ass page scan :D
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

* Kilico ... can't wait to c the end (could be in the next 2weeks)
* right now I Have a lot of free time ... so i tried to pick a long completed series & the wheel turns to --> (houshin Engi).
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I'm 5 out of 8 volumes into ES now.
This manga may be a scifi, but for all intents and purposes it's pure drama and romance. Normally I avoid drama and romance, but I'm so attached to the characters now that I'm obsessed. I *love* this manga.
It never fails to be compelling. It's never predictable, other than essential obvious truths...you essentially know whose gonna love whom eventually. But plotwise it's completely unpredictable.
I've also found it to be very deep with very wise messages about human nature. This is easily one of the best mangas I've ever read. When I've finished it, I may feel it's the best. I honestly have *no* clue where it's going but I expect it won't disapoint.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

fuyumi soryu kinda fucked with a lot of people with MARS. it could have been like, a million times better if it just ended at book 9 or something, rather than 15. i am so incredibaly happy that she got to making a really awesome comic that redeems her amost completely. ES is really fun to read so far. ive been keeping up with omanga lots of their stuff.

i went to the library and saw this book titled "manga; masters of the art" BUT HEAR ME OUT, now i really do hate books that try to explain manga to the fat americans it generally gets into the hands of, but this one i picked up for a reason. it had not only erika sakurazawa's art but inoue takehiko's as well, printed on the cover. i figured it must be recent,( with fairly good taste) and i looked inside. it turned out to have some great interviews with some cool mangaka. i thought it was missing some of the best mangaka (namely miura, kishiro and yazawa) but i think it was more of a take what you can get kind of situation for the author. anyway, i thought it was a very informitive book, well worth my time. it was made in 2005, the most recent good book about manga i have found. and it was free- (add 5 points)

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i read that book at barnes and nobles! i only read inoue's part because he is one of my favorte mangaka but it did have a good amount of info
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

see? it actually was worth your time, right?

SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I'm starting to wonder if ES was really over at vol 8, or if there's still more to come? It seemed to have a concrete ending, but it could have easily continued.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Fuji Nagase wrote:see? it actually was worth your time, right?
T'was. The interview was interesting and they had info on his manga series. They even advocate scanlating in an indirect way because it lists omanga as a source for real.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i noticed that too, and i was very pleased. thats when i wondered when the book was published. i figured it had to be fairly new.

Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I started with "Tough" yesterday. The artwork is good, and the story isn't bad either. I think it has great potential. If you like fighting and stuff, this manga is a must. Too bad there are only like 20 chapters translated for now, I think.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Vagabond 21 is *finnally* out. It was about a year between volumes, and without any sort of scanlations out there I had to wait for the American release. Well, it's scanlated up to 20 but whoever did it didn't bother to come back after a year.
I must say it wasn't quite worth the wait, but nonetheless it's as great as ever. However it hasn't returned with anything too remarkable.
Unfortunetly I've forgotten a lot of the character's names and even faces, except the main two. I'd have to do a lot of rereading to be able to follow perfectly.

Also, they finnally released a cheaper paperback version of the great classic Buddha by Osamu Tezuka. I bought the first volume and I cannot *wait* for the second, plus I hear Pheonix will also be out soon. Can't wait for that one either. I may be able to read the hardcover version of vol 2 of Buddha if I can find a store that still carries it, but that's unlikely.

Dammit, nobody scanlates the great Tezuka so I have to wait for the crappy American versions. They mirror-image it and replace all the sound FX with English! Grrr.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It wasnt worth the wait???

Didnt you see in the end how Musashi was all improved and everything. That alone was worth it, now time to waste the pretty boy :P
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

Right now I am reading Kilico. Really great manga of you like action and great art.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Whatever series you're reading. Nothing,
will defeat Ultimate Hentai Kamen!

silverado
Last edited by silverado on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw my eyes :shock:

Im reading MrFullswing,Tough and the new chapter of Shin Angyo Onishi right now.

Ippo is daily realeses so i am reading it too.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Lol I tried that ultimate hentai kamen too. But if anyone would see me read this kinda stuff at home, they would think I'm gay, no? But still funny though. I mean, which idiot defeats villans with their nutsack?

Anyone reads Parasyte?(kiseijuu) Not bad if you like gore, aliens and action.
And I also started on Shamo. It's a fighting manga, it starts somewhat dramatic (boy kills his parents and gets raped in jail: berserk?). But then he learns about martial arts, anyways not gonna spoil too much. I recommend to at least try it.

I also started on Otogi Matsuri, but it's too "shounen" for me. Something with demons and spirits possessing people to kill demons etc.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Parasyte has a very good story, finished it some time ago.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I read kiseijuu and like alot, it has everything i like. Alien stuff,gore,good characters etc.

deathbringer what do you mean by the end?

Only up to chap 59 is out in english.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

deathbringer what do you mean by the end?
Tell me i don´t suck and that the series only has 12 books.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You suck :P

Man thats too bad. Still two more vols is better than nothing.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Right now I'm reading

Shin Angyo Onshi
Island
Kurozuka
Mieru Hito
Togari
Ultimate Hentai Kamen
Shamo

Waiting for
Unbalance x Unbalance
Vagabond
Zetman
Homunculus
B.Reaction

silverado
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Have you read Tough?

Will like it if you like fighting?

I am waiting for so much mangas that i cant even count them.

Mostly i am waiting for a vol 15 of Priest and Vol 22 of Vagabond cause i buy the books and they take so long to get realesed....

Also OP vol 33 is out soon here :)
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Yeah, vagabond has an incredible good art.

btw. for those who might be interested in Shin Angyo Onshi, but haven't read it yet, I've uploaded it on megaupload.com

It's an excellent action manga with an unusual deep story.

You can find the upload here: Image

silverado
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

wow great site! regular updates.... able to get complete kenshin volumes!
you are going to get bookmark!
=)