ES: Eternal Sabbath

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

SarahofBorg
This is my new home

ES: Eternal Sabbath

Post by SarahofBorg »

This is an incredible manga I just finished reading and I would highly recomend to everyone. It's 8 volumes long, the first is on the American bookshelf which is how I found it. I hope it's popularity leads to either more volumes (a sequal) or an anime.

It's about a man (who goes under many names, including Akiba, Yurosuke, and especially Shuro) who has the ability to not only read the minds of everyone around him, but to control their thoughts, memories, and consequently actions. He can cause people to halucinate, or to merely do as he pleases. He lives his life by pretending to be whoever is convienent and living off their kindness.
He's not malevolent in anyway, but he's rather indifferant to the human race (which he considers himself superior to.) He will help those who help him, but he basically ignores strangers.
The story becomes very interesting as we learn about his past and when he meets a woman whose mind he can't manipulate or read. Drama and romance follow, and a villian eventually appears, but to go any further would be pure spoilers. Suffice it to say that the story does Not disapoint and the ending is spectacular.

It's essentially a surreal scifi premise, but it's very dramatic and easy to follow. The art is gorgeous, and often surreal and abstract as we see him hack into peoples minds.
The characters are all very attractive, especially the main one (*drool*). The artist really knows how to draw the human figure.

Here's a random, surreal manga scan.