Fate Stay Night

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Fate Stay Night

Post by Artezul »

Decent anime.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I have to say just plain average for this anime, Laik and I had a discussion on this, while he enjoys it immensely (he's a Type-Moon fan, go figure), and I thought it was quite shite. I've watched up to episode 11 and gave up.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Generic storyline for a generic anime, 80% of the people who watch this are 16 year old girls that like to "check out the hot characters".

I´ll pass.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i saw the 1st ep and decided not to continue.
its a show for kids that belongs in the naruto/bleach catergory but its not as engaging as naruto/bleach as they were during the start.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It does seem a bit slow, what with the protagonist getting beat around for the first 10 episodes before he is able to finally do something about it.

The feeling of mortality is present throughout the entire anime. They have the main character facing off against the Servants with nothing but a simple reinforcing ability for the first couple of episodes, and not even that sometimes. His gullibility only adds to the deep sense of insecurity; is this guy really going to be around long enough to make a difference?

In every aspect he is a generic human that has what many of the Magicians would consider a spot-on-the-wall ability. What's impressive is that he expands on it to the point where he can stand level against the Servants. It's not a physical or spiritual burst where he sunders half of heaven and earth in one glorious strike.

He's a good kid, very pure. Not the typical badass that we've been having a streak off lately. It's also not a Tenchi Muyo remake. He does end up falling for one of them, and they all aren't groping at him like he was a male stripper.

Their's a subtle sophistication about it that draws me to continue watching it to the end at least.

...then again I'm just a dumb hamster.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

What I don't like about it is how generic the characters are. They're uninteresting, bland, and boring.

You have that chick that hangs around Shirou's house and does the cooking. The shy, embarassed anime chick that runs away everytime she's jealous when Shirou hangs around a new chick. And then you have your teacher chick, who's fiesty, sassy, and bites people's heads off. Another generic anime character. Shirou's stupidity of facing his enemies alone when he's utterly helpless and more useless than the people he thinks he's protecting is completely annoying. I don't find anything brave about his chivalry, and it's overdone. People like that should be dead already. This series should have ended on episode 6 or around there when he got ripped apart by Hercules.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Edit: Hm, wish there was a way to hide spoilers.

The series really emphasized that about Shirou, the noble die early. Whereas a lot of anime don't show the repercussions of being selfless, we get a colorful overview of what happens when we gamble and lose. The few that make it out of the grinder for taking the high road are labeled heroic.

***SPOILER***************************

Archer, Shirou's future embodiment continually harps him for being a suicidal idiot. That by clinging onto his ideals so tightly, he won't live long enough to protect anyone.

***SPOILER END***********************

Their is also a decent reason why Shirou 'can't' die, outside of Saber's influence he has something else that keeps him from snuffing out. It may also explain why he has such an inherit connection with Saber to begin with. I don't know if it is the case just yet, but with the way things have been shaping up in the latest episodes, it might be.

As for Sakura being jealous of Shirou's newfound interest in women, particularly when she saw Rin; their is a semi-decent explanation for it.

***SPOILER***************************

Rin and Sakura are sisters. Because the succession of mages only allows one successor per family; one is chosen and the other is shipped away. Rin was chosen and Sakura was adopted by some cruel relatives. It was expressed that the one happiness she did have was in being with Shirou throughout her years of putting up with her step-family. She views Rin as having stolen her future, and now with Rin seemingly stealing Shirou, she can't help but feel a bit of bitterness. She still loves Rin and enjoyed their time as sisters, but now an underlying film of bile outlines it.

***SPOILER END***********************

The feisty teacher’s name is “Taiga.” Of course she’s aggressive. :P