Berserk Chapter: 274

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

A valid point, since she doesn't trust Guts, Serpico would probably die shortly after Farnese (trying to kill Guts, most likely) and Schierke and Isidoro would be completely unsuited to the role.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

I think Serpico is expendable. Farnese takes care of Casca and seems to have an attachment to Gatts. Also, Serpico wants to protect Farnese and would most likely sacrifice himself before he'd let her get killed.
Bluemoon
imanewbie

Post by Bluemoon »

With everyone's arguements and thoughts of the current chapter, I have to give a revised opinion of what the future has in store for Beserk's characters. Well its unlikely that the Band of the Hawk nor Griffith will come in to save the day, considering the evidence of lack of interest from the Hawks (Istvan). Gatts will most likely take the hit of lightning, yet according to Evildmitri and Eldo's argument Gatt's will most likely survive the blow through his defiant will and evidence of past events. Personally, even if Gatts does survive the blow he will be too wounded, for a period of time, to assist in the defense of his entourage. Bringing up the thought process that this will be the ending battle/sacrifice of Serpico. In the situation, Serpico seems to be the only one to defend against the attacks of lightning (even though it hurts him to defend) so in the situation he will be one of the main hinderences against the enemy. He could create a diversion giving time for Shrieke to create an offensive spell, have everyone run, or allow the Emporer to recognize Gatts and Caska for who they are. Either way, Serpico is outclassed and outgunned in this fight so his demise is quite reasonable. Also considering Serpico's relationship with Farnesse, if Serpico died Farnesse could enter a stage of rage herself which could help fuel her training in the magical arts, giving Farnesse's character more depth and similar thoughts of those of Gatts. So...as much as I don't want any of the characters to die, I must agree that Serpico's expendiblity is enhanced given the situation.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

EvilDmitri wrote:I think Serpico is expendable. Farnese takes care of Casca and seems to have an attachment to Gatts. Also, Serpico wants to protect Farnese and would most likely sacrifice himself before he'd let her get killed.
Anyone can take care Casca even Isidoro while Serpico is the only one Guts can count on in a fight other then Shierke of course.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Given Isidoro's behavior, I wouldn't want to place a woman in his care for a long period of time. But I certainly agree that Schierke and Serpico are the only really useful members in a fight. The others are occasionally useful, but not nearly as much.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Well this is only one fight, they haven't had adequate training time. Given that Farnese is learning magic, I bet she could get a lot better. Same with everyeone else, they all have magic things which they have only begun to learn how to use. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for killing them off...but still...they COULD be useful given the right time and training. Perhaps at the Elfheim place.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

A lot of people really seem to underestimate Isidoro and how handy he can be. He's a master of deception to the public, a decent little fighter for a 12 yr old, he can hunt wild game and feed the group simply with rocks, he gives Guts a sense of family (every family has a brat) AND he provides comic relief to very intense story. But of course lets not forget how he has saved Casca's ass in the past on several occasions.

ALL PRAISE ISHIDORO!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I admitted that they were occasionally useful, just in a far more limited way. And Isidoro certainly appears to be improving, however for right now he's still not all that impressive.
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

I bet you a beer that Hawks will be the key to unwrapping the situation. My guess is that Guts goes unconscious or is wounded badly, but the apostles of the Hawks arrive and the emperor is distracted creating a party a chance to escape..
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

the big battle betwwen Guts and the sorcerer can have been seen by some Griffith's spy or the magical spells used can have been feeled by Griffith or his medium(the strange girl),so yes it is a possibility;
it is a good occasion for Griffith and his apostles to weaken Ganishka and counter the sea invasion.
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

Back from a long trip and look what awaited me! Thanks EG team for keeping up great job. A chapter like this reminds you how an extraordinary manga Berserk is.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

EvilDmitri wrote:Gatts can't die, the whole emphasis of this story is the lengths one man will go to to survive and protect the things he loves against a overwhelming and unstoppable force (the God's Hand). He will SURPASS the Skull Knight in that he, a mere human, will have the power to fight the God's Hand WITHOUT becoming something like one of them. It is his defiance, his stubborn will to survive and keep swinging his sword that makes this story beautiful. If he becomes like Skull Knight it will go against the theme of the will to live is a human trait, and will confirm in an abysmal way that no mere human can challenge the power of god. It simply won't happen. Nothing will stop Gatts. Not god, not the armor, and most definately not Griffith. That is what Berserk is - defiance.
I agree with you that Berserk is all about defiance, but in the end, i feel that guts isn't necesarrily going to win his battle against fate. the way i view the story is not the struggle of a mere man, but just one person agaisnt the god-hand. SK's struggle is still as impressive as one mans because the power of the god hand is still so massive. it's an eternal battle that a mere human has not the ability to wage.

edit: also, we don't know how Sk died. he could have eventually died due to difficulties resulting from old age. its going to happen to Guts too if he doesnt die first.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Did 275 got released in japan yet?

I just saw a image in an image board that totally spoiled the outcome of 274 if it´s legit....
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well i doubt that there is any other apostle closeby since Guts hasn't felt the presence of a second one, Hes not such a moron that he doesn't feel if another one is on the approach while hes fighting. He would be dead ages ago if he did that

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

common, it not like Guts is a radar with a effect radius of 100km, usually he senses apostle in couple hundred meters most.. (or there is no way to say that the radius is bigger since during all manga it never heaped..)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Guts will not die but he will defenitly be feeling it. If he can survive a blow from femto whe he was twenty one he can take some lightning :twisted:

He might even go into a state of unconsiusness where he was a good waking up from some of his lost comrades and family.

And who says that Serpico will die, he can use the air pressure again and blow the misty guy away :twisted:
YOU JUST HAVE TO BEILEVE IN FAIRIES Serpico

and about Isidoro he will be a good fighter for now I hope he comes to the reilization that he can throw molten lava salamanders at the enemy... that would be awsome but unlikley

thats my two cent :roll:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Ok, been thinking...some possibilities:

1 - The Neo Hawks will appear in the town (away from the docks), and the Kushan king will turn his attention to them. Obviously, in his mind, they're far more dangerous than Gatts.
2 - Gatts will go K.O. The rest of the guys will take some punishment, then the armor will wake and Gatts will be the relentlessly killing machine he used to be and will destroy the shape of Ganishka (sp?). Of course, he'll take the usual beating, and will need healing too in Elfheim.
3 - That might be just another appearance, without a presence, of Ganishka. That means they could find a sorceror working as a beacon to him, and kill him, who knows. He has many, many powers and can be almost everywhere. But he might need some help from his followers, who are much more ... 'killable' than him.

And as an end note - someone knows where can we see the preview for the next chapter? I'm curious now :D
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Quick idea, if Guts goes K.O>, wouldn't the armor take over and him go Berserk? Shiercke isn't in his mind anymore to mediate there. But I do think that the party will grab him and book it while the Kushan King is distracted. Either that or the lightning will clear from Guts and griffith will be standing there and have had defelected/absorbed the attack just to piss Guts off somemore. ^_^
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

So does no one else think that theres any possibility the Emperor will just realize who Guts is, and so stop attacking him in hopes that Guts will cause problems for Griffith in the future?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

If he even cared, he thinks he can defeat Griffith, and if he can defeat Guts then there is no need to keep him alive... I wander if Guts is killed that Griffith would become stronger because one of the last sacrifices was killed, that might make him stop.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

Khelegond's choice #3 seems very valid, but I'd rather go extreme and demand the most unpredictable: some member of the Neo Hawk shows up and save Guts without any reason!

That would put the readers back in the dark for at least a while - Miura just love it that way :D
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Hells yeah! Good call, I could see Zodd saving Guts. He seems to like fighting him.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know about all that, but I don't see Serpico getting killed. Of course Gatts will live, for now. I'm not sure how they'll get out of this, but I'm looking forward to it. I can't imagine them taking down the emporer now, unless Griffith shows up. I'd hate to see them run, but that may be what they need to do. I guess we'll see.
frosty
imanewbie

Post by frosty »

Yeah, good scene. Griffith shows up and save Gatt's ass. Not because he wants to but because the Kushan Emperor is going to kill all of Griffith's future subjects. That will add insult to the injury and deepens Gatt's hate for him. Gatt's will be conscious to see the whole thing, the whole group will have to drag him away and run for their lifes.

That should help swing the plot back and get Gatt's focus on what he wanted to do all along.
N4rk084
imanewbie

Post by N4rk084 »

It seems that none of you has though to Grifis!

May be that Gatsu can surviva to that bolt , but then? The kushan boss seems to be too strong for him , i don't think that gatsu can hurt him and neither the skull knight.... so Gatsu and his company i think they can only run , but how far could they go?
So i think something impressive will happend !
May be Grifis will appear?