::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah it was sad what happened to him but it was good for the manga since it brought realistic drama.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Libaax wrote:Yeah it was sad what happened to him but it was good for the manga since it brought realistic drama.
i havent read ippo in a while but i know what is going on, but dont know exactly where the scans are. Are you talking about mashiba and sawamura's death match being realistic?...right
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

No i mean what happens after that.

Read the chapter after that.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Hey guys, I finally got around to watching the Ippo anime and now I want to sink my teeth into the manga. Does anyone know what volume picks up after the anime left off? I am impatient to continue the story and don't feel like reading the whole thing from the beginning right now...

Edit: Never mind, I got off my lazy e-ass and looked earlier in the thread for my answer, which I probably should have tried in the first place :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

When you have read more of Ippo let us know if you think its still predictable?

Cause thats the last thing HNI is.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Certain elements are usually predictable, but it doesn't annoy me like it might in other genres. For instance, Ippo getting downed in almost every fight and his comeback KO pattern, and how I can tell who is most likeley to win just because I know which character is more key to the story and what effect a win or loss would have on them and consequently the story itself. I could tell that Kimura would lose to Mashiba, because he was ready for either scenario, while Mashiba was only prepared for one: to win and go on to the world arena. Things like that are relatively easy for me to predict by analysing each character and their place in the story.
But like I said, it doesn't bother me, and moreover, I get really excited anyway in seeing the raw tenacity and gradual growth of Ippo and the others. I am hoping the fights will feel more spontaneous now that there is no background music hinting at whether a punch will be effective or not like in the anime (in the anime you could always tell when the match is about to end when a certain track starts up)

Oh, and I LOVE the part when Takamura beats a bear down with his fists!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe it wont be like that when you have read more of the manga. You wont be able to see who wins just cause the character is one of the mains or not.

Yeah without the music you will be chocked to see when you change the page and see a big punch from nowwhere.

Kimura i actually thought would win at start but then Mashiba was too good and it would be predictable if Kimura won just cause he is a main character.

HNI have one or two things you know from the genre but mostly you dont know who wins the famous fight or the underdog. Even Ippos fight you are not sure who wins cause of how he tells the story. For example i never thought Ippo would lose so early.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Whats wrong with ignition one? They are usually so punctual.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think they're out of raws for now. They've caught up to the latest volume release.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh, I see. Well I guess it was bound to happen. Kudos to them.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Have been looking forever for a few chapters that Ive been missing but cant find them at all. And I wont skip them to continue reading :P
So if anyone have chapters 653-658 and 670 I would really appreciate it if you could mail me them or something :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

you can find them in direct download :

http://www.dynamiteglove.com/
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Sweet, they really have it all on that page. Thanks a lot, I owe you one

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Actually Ignition one havent caught up yet, the scanlators took a vacation.

The team leader and one or two other are away.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think they have caught up to the volume releases, since volume 76 isn't really out yet, but could be preordered. It's scheduled for release for sometime this month, so it hasn't been up yet for scanning, well, at the time they released the last chapter. Those guys picked a good time for a vacation, and well deserved one too.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I know they havent cought up cause in the raws thread they talk about things that havent happen yet ;)

I dont know how many chaps we are after but we havent cought up yet.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

there are exactly 20 more chapters in raw form
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I said VOLUME releases, not chapter releases serialised in the magazine. They've caught up with the volumes, but not the magazine scans. That's what I meant. Just like the Hawks does the volume release of Berserk, and we do the magazine scans. Do you understand what I'm saying now?

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

How many chapters does this manga currently has?

Just curious.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo wrote:I said VOLUME releases, not chapter releases serialised in the magazine. They've caught up with the volumes, but not the magazine scans. That's what I meant. Just like the Hawks does the volume release of Berserk, and we do the magazine scans. Do you understand what I'm saying now?
My bad for some reason i thought you meant chapter realeses.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Deathbringer wrote:How many chapters does this manga currently has?

Just curious.
currently 733.

I remember when the series was in the 600s and i was stuck in the 40th volume. The scans have bridged a fucking 30 volume gap. Hurray for Ippo fans
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hurray for us that Ignition one saved us from SC "speedy" realeses.

We would be on vol 50 or 60 something without ignition one :P
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

64 actually, i think, but that whole sc vs io thing got old months ago
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont care its old. SC are slow beyond words.

They realesed patches just cause of ignition one was taking over. I dont think SC would be on 64 without ignition one cause they woulndt have any reason to realese like when they knew the fans didnt have a choice.

I read Ippo years before ignition one and know how horrible it was waiting but getting nothing.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Look i understand what you are saying but it doesnt matter at all. We're on chapter 713 and that is it. No need to bash SC anymore even if they are slow.