Banned from channel

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Kenshink
imanewbie

Banned from channel

Post by Kenshink »

Hey I go by the name of hhhhsdg6 or something very similar, but I was banned from [evil_genius] for some reason, could I be un-banned or told why I was banned?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Just try again in a little while..
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
ArcticFox
derKaiserFuchs

Post by ArcticFox »

We already told him at dp! what the problem is...

...he didn´t get banned from EG, he got banned from the chatspike.irc. Has happened to me as well. Okay I gave them plenty of reason but getting kicked of a net at random is what I´m talking about...
Kenshink
imanewbie

Post by Kenshink »

ArcticFox wrote:We already told him at dp! what the problem is...

...he didn´t get banned from EG, he got banned from the chatspike.irc. Has happened to me as well. Okay I gave them plenty of reason but getting kicked of a net at random is what I´m talking about...
Oh cool, musta not read whoever told me..
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

heh, eitherway there is no bans in #eg beside the Guest*!*@*
5h4k42u1u
imanewbie

Post by 5h4k42u1u »

ArcticFox wrote: ...he didn´t get banned from EG, he got banned from the chatspike.irc.
k, i'm confused, you saying he got banned from the irc server? cuz i got banned too for some reason, but i can jon other channels on irc.irchighway.net

This the message i get when i try to join the channel:
#[evil_genius] unable to join channel (address is banned)

I'm kinda new to all this so any help would be appreciated, thx
Last edited by 5h4k42u1u on Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenshink
imanewbie

Post by Kenshink »

I am still banned from the evil genius channel, I can get onto other channels on the network just not evil_genius, so was I banned?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

you are banned from the channel for either being a dumbass or you pissed the wrong person off.

However, this does not mean you are banned from IRC, just the channel.

Typically the bans are lifted over a period of time at the whim of the gods. Complaining about it here will do little to resolve the issue... you need to keep better track of who banned you and figure out why.

That is just how IRC is, and has been for ~25 years.

Possiblitity: is that someone using your same ISP, username, or whatever and was banned, taking you with him/her. Or you were banned in retrospect for how you acted and one of the ops decided to ban you while you were away.

Note: do not contact me about IRC. I will not answer, repeat offenders will be banned from forums too.
Last edited by psi29a on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kenshink
imanewbie

Post by Kenshink »

I just want to know why i was banned though, I was chatting fine for like half hour, logged off for a few hours to play WoW came back and was banned :(
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

right now there is still no bans except the Guest again though...
Kenshink
imanewbie

Post by Kenshink »

Ah I am so stupid, somehow my name got changed to one of those guest ones, K all good now..
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

What's with me getting "Neverwhere- ** XDCC send denied, you must be on an known channel to request a pack"?

What the hell? I'm using your channels but I guess I'm not using an updated one. Can you post a link to one that works with Neverwhere because evil_genius doesn't seem to be working with it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Thank god I don't use IRC. Sounds like a hassle. The only reason I used to use IRC is to leech off people. When I found other programs I abandoned it. Plus, I was really noobish.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, it can be a hassle, but that's the only way to get manga from EG, that I know of, not counting the torrent downloads they sometimes post.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

MMmmm... Bittorrent good.

I try to stay away from xdcc (IRC) downloading as much as possible because to many people connected kills the bandwidth and becomes 'slow'. While the reverse is true with bittorrent provided you know what you are doing. 800+ KB/sec was my ceiling just the other day. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I feel you on that. /me likes the Bit Comet!