some recommendations

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

N3oShweaty
This is my new home

some recommendations

Post by N3oShweaty »

Could anyone recommend any unlicensed/licensed(maybe), unscanlated shonen/seinen series? I was considering picking up a new project but with the market saturated with all these groups doing the same manga, i just dont know what to scanlate. I am looking for something(s) with some length and whose raws wouldnt be too tough to find (ie: something that would be found in the pages of shonen jump, young jump, ultra jump etc) because then i can buy the raw manga and begin the search for a translator.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

how about vagabond?
=)

the mangaka just resumed the manga from 21 after a hiatus.
he suffered from writer's block or something.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Not too sure why you started a topic like this in a forum of another scanlation site. Some other sites I can understand, but here?

Sorry, I'm not terribly fond of this idea. Firstly, there's not enough traffic here. Secondly, not many people read raws to know what should be scanlated or not. Thirdly, we ourselves are always keeping an eye out for good manga to work on, and posting what your group should scanlate on a forum of another scanlation group isn't exactly a great idea. Although EG is hosted by Mindwerks, the main interest is still on EG's side.

Problem with starting new projects on our side is the lack of translators. I couldn't even get a fricking translator after all my begging and all those notes I include in every release. So if anyone is reading this thread, we do need translators, yes.

If you want to check if another group is working on the manga of your choice, check manganews.net. Vagabond is still being worked on by M-S, so bad idea there.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Ill post an answer in your forum then Neo.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Eldo wrote:Not too sure why you started a topic like this in a forum of another scanlation site. Some other sites I can understand, but here?
It's not the first time he does that either
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1583

Go to mangahelpers for this kind of stuffs, it's quite a relax bunch and I go there regularly now. It is their purpose to connect translator-scanlator bunch, not like the mindwerks forums.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Use the site that Albator suggested. Like I said, it's not because I hate this thread or you broke the rules or whatever, it's just that it's totally weird to have ask for recommedations to scanlate on another scanlation group's site. I sure as hell won't do that.

Now, if you have the threads all set out on the other respectible forums, I will now proceed to lock this thread. I think the grounds for locking it is understandable, I hope.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am