Ch 251

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

There you go!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yes so she can keep her dream alive.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I also think she's going to come back, but I believe Guts might have to go and get her. (not forcibly, just to give her a bit of determination.)
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Is it just me or did Serpico actually seem upset leaving them. A couple of volumes ago he would have jumped with joy, well if he showed emotion, and gladly taken her home. I think Guts is growing on him. Or more likely he knows that Farnese really wants to stay with Guts and knows that this is making her unhappy and therefore making him unhappy.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Serpico isn't interested in that noble house, he is only interested in his half-sister. He'll go wherever she goes, but I think he knows that staying with Guts is better for her than staying in that house. That house never did anything good for her.

Also, while Serpico may not like Guts, I think he respects him.
Brainpiercing
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Wow, in this chapter we've seen every female character in the party naked. perhaps miura wanted to draw a comparison. since all of them were bathing it was pretty much fun for schierke and casca. for farneze though it was loneliness. I still wonder what promise she had to give for getting the ship and why she can't leave there. i believe she will be able to continue her journey with guts.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

This chap gave me alot more than the recent chapters since more things happened.

I couldnt care less if Farnese doesnt ever comeback again.

And the little gril getting naked was creepy

Guts actually spoke in this chap finaly

Hopefully things will get going now that they have a boat, some action on sea would be great since i havent seen one in this manga so far.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
GunterX
imanewbie

Post by GunterX »

whell that was borring
and now we wait 14 days for another borring chapter
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I have the strange idea though that Farnese's full brother asked her for something creepy.
Brainpiercing
Aworldapart
imanewbie

Post by Aworldapart »

GunterX wrote:whell that was borring
and now we wait 14 days for another borring chapter
STFU n00b :evil:

Now continue on this wonderful discussion everyone

Hey nice work starnum ... i didn't realize you were helping with the EG production here ... nice work man ..any contribution is worthy, you rock! :D

And just to add, i highly doubt farnese is out of the picture... i'm sure she'll be back with the gang sooner or later. I have to say its weird to see guts resting for a change. Good change of pace with these last couple chapters. Its building up to something big!

I can't wait for them to get to elfheim.
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

Brainpiercing wrote:I have the strange idea though that Farnese's full brother asked her for something creepy.
Marriage? At least that's what I was thinking. (Hey, they are nobles after all :shock: )

And if you remember, in an earlier chapter where Serpico's first encounter with his father was shown, he did mention something about a power struggle between his 3 legitimate sons. Maybe this one son thinks he can assure his place as the next head of the household if he even has the Farnese on his side.

At the very least, he didn't have a wholesome look in his eye.

OR (here comes the theory that's way out there)

He wants Farnese to help eliminate the other brothers by setting them on fire, perhaps leading to another scene where Farnese *ahem* fondly remembers the flames. :oops: (Please, Miura, let it be that!)
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

I gotta say I really liked the installment. I enjoy that sort of development. Farnase/neze is actually becoming my FAVORITE of the women, so screw you guys who don't like her. She has more depth than anyone else. [/rant] ^^

As for Serpico, he's very obviously undergoing a change. This frame says it all. Miura is a genius in setting a character's tone/mood.

Oh, and you missed a few typos, Starnum. :P
Deserve victory.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I agree with you on alot of that Griffiss. Though Casca is still my favorite of the women, she does currently have the most depth. Casca is currently nothing but comic relief really. She is important to the story, I mean she is why they are going to elfhelm, but currently she has no really part in the plot. Schierke had her depth added a while back. Its like miura wanted to get alot of the background stuff out of the way before going to elfhelm. He spent the beginning part of there visit focusing on Schierke and how she feels about travelling with Guts. Now its Farnese turn to get some more depth added. He is just currently focusing more on her. And since we have already had some background on her this adds more layers to it.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Trant wrote:
Brainpiercing wrote:I have the strange idea though that Farnese's full brother asked her for something creepy.
Marriage? At least that's what I was thinking. (Hey, they are nobles after all :shock: )

And if you remember, in an earlier chapter where Serpico's first encounter with his father was shown, he did mention something about a power struggle between his 3 legitimate sons. Maybe this one son thinks he can assure his place as the next head of the household if he even has the Farnese on his side.

At the very least, he didn't have a wholesome look in his eye.

OR (here comes the theory that's way out there)

He wants Farnese to help eliminate the other brothers by setting them on fire, perhaps leading to another scene where Farnese *ahem* fondly remembers the flames. :oops: (Please, Miura, let it be that!)
That makes a lot of sense, the marriage thing that is. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the chapter BTW.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

The only thing is even then and for nobles to marry a brother or sister is strange. First cousins though are very common. But it does seem like marriage in general is an option. Who knows. I just hope she runs away and joins back up with Guts and friends.
ichi tsumi
imanewbie

Post by ichi tsumi »

Arresty wrote:The only thing is even then and for nobles to marry a brother or sister is strange. First cousins though are very common. But it does seem like marriage in general is an option. Who knows. I just hope she runs away and joins back up with Guts and friends.
Naw, I hope Guts and friends have to go bust her out, that would be much better :P
Indeed.
ichi tsumi
imanewbie

Post by ichi tsumi »

Griffiss wrote:I gotta say I really liked the installment. I enjoy that sort of development. Farnase/neze is actually becoming my FAVORITE of the women, so screw you guys who don't like her. She has more depth than anyone else. [/rant] ^^

As for Serpico, he's very obviously undergoing a change. This frame says it all. Miura is a genius in setting a character's tone/mood.
Good call.
Indeed.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Good chapter.. I like it...

Silke as a nice ass. Im not a pedophile either shes probably only a year younger than me.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It wasn't nice seeing Farnese and Caska naked cause the poor thinga are so thin that you could count thier ribs.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah I noticed that too, Casca atleast from the angle we saw did not seem as bad. They all look like the sickly people around the whores. I like skinny, but that was almost unlikeable. But as far as Schierke's ass it looked like one of a grown women, just seemed out of proportion for her size, and so does her head for that matter. Kinda funny. Well as a whole she was hilarious that whole chapter. All her faces and stuff. Especially being naked in front of the man you have a crush on, how embarrasing. Got to love it.

Buzkashi: I think she is probably more than a a year younger than you. She looks like she just hit puberty. So she is maybe 13 or 14 maybe. But still thats not bad for you like it is for any of these older men who found her hot. Too small for my taste.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Me too i wouldnt mind her ass if she was 15+plus but she is younger than that.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

GunterX: Well, if you’re shallow I guess.

Aworldapart: Oh, um, thanks. I really don’t deserve as much appreciation as the other guys though. They’re the ones who really rock. I’m just like, a roadie or something. :P

Trant: Hm, I sure hope not.

Griffiss: Oh really? Please elaborate. By the way, I’m with you. I like Farnese too, but I wouldn’t say she’s my favorite.

Buz: You’re a pedo; you know it, admit it. She’s probably three or four years younger than you man. That’s my guess anyway.

Libaax: That’s what I was thinking. They need to eat something.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its understandable that they are so thin cause there isnt alot of food when you are on the road.
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Oh really? Please elaborate.
Small things, both:

On page 15, "As a women..." doesn't make much sense with a plural.
On page 18, it should be that the hardness of travel has taken its "toll", not its "tow".
Deserve victory.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I also thought about those typos in the middle of my reading but forgot when i was finished with the chapter.