Ch 251

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Ch 251

Post by Evanidus »

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeaaaah. Thank you.

*Hands stop shaking* :D :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've never been so happy....

*weeps* :cry:

Now, about Farnase's departure....

How would this affect the party?
Last edited by Eldo on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Is looking forward to seeing his proof reading notes in action*
Aworldapart
imanewbie

Post by Aworldapart »

its 4 am but all is well because i have another chapter of this kickass manga ...thanks to oro and everyone at EG! :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, now I can talk about the chapter. I thought this one was pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next, especially with the way it ended. I'm sure you guys were happy about the fan service, heh. I was also delighted to see some of my work in action. For example, "filth" being spelled correctly, that was brought to you by me. Heh, I couldn't get him to change a couple of the names, but I'll live.

*Wonders what the surprise was*
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

So you proof-read for this chapter, Starnum? Good work.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Do you guys think Miura reads this message board????

This chapter has everything we've been talking about. I mean, Farnese and Casca get naked again, even Schierke gets naked in front of Guts (even though he's sleeping/unconscious.

It seems a bit uncanny.

Hey Miura-san, special wish:....... now better think of something good. :twisted:

Edited for politeness :)
Last edited by Brainpiercing on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I was really impressed with the comedy in this chapter. But Schierke naked?! I prefer not. Seeing Farnase was a treat.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, I'm a proofer now, and glad to be on the team. Yeah, the comedy in this one was pretty cool, or so I thought. I've wondered that about Miura myself. It would indeed be pretty ironic, and very awesome. I just wish he'd post, if that was indeed the case. Of course, I seriously doubt it is.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

How ironic/hilarious would it be if Nomad was Muira :twisted:

*laughs wildly* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Starnum wrote:Yep, I'm a proofer now, and glad to be on the team. Yeah, the comedy in this one was pretty cool, or so I thought. I've wondered that about Miura myself. It would indeed be pretty ironic, and very awesome. I just wish he'd post, if that was indeed the case. Of course, I seriously doubt it is.
Heh, forgot to remind oro to add you to the credits ;p

Oh well, next time maybe ;)

(we tend to always forget proofers in credits -- assuming we don't fully forget the credits)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

So how did the names get past you, Starnum? It's still Farnase.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

not bad, ship was readied, lots of comedy, Guts sits up, Casca gets naked.. I really like Isidro. His immaturity is great. He reminds me of Mugen from Samurai Champloo, with the crab fights, stubborness, eager to fight, quick to see a naked lady, etc. That's a good thing too :lol: I like the relationship with Serpico.

Anyway, on Farnese, 50/50 imo that she'll really leave. This could spread out much longer or we could drop Farnese who's not really too important to the group. But I doubt it'd be on such a sour note. She probably has some development or feel good moment before they leave.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Brainpiercing wrote:So how did the names get past you, Starnum? It's still Farnase.
Starnum wrote:Heh, I couldn't get him to change a couple of the names, but I'll live.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Starnum wrote:For example, "filth" being spelled correctly,
Even without you, most simple typos normally always get corrected still ;p

You were given the chapter without any prior proofing, it's very rare that there's no typos (moreover for berserk since it's edited very quickly)

But well, someone has to do it -- everyone's else already busy enough...

So, thanks for the help. ;)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Evan: No problem about not being in the credits. I’m not that worried about it. I just wanted a little bragging rights here on the forums. That’s all I ask. Now that it's out of my system, I'll be fine, heh. I really enjoyed being able to help, and I look forward to doing more work for you guys in the future. Like I said, I’m trying to catch up to other manga, so I can help with those too. Yeah, the Berserk chapters are usually pretty good anyway, so they’re not that hard to proof, even before any previous drafting, heh. Now that FMA chapter, heh, that’s a totally different story. ;)

Brainpiercing: Like I said, Oro didn’t want to change them. He’s the boss, and I’m not that worried about it anyway. I suppose he’s going for consistency and I can respect that. It’s not like any of the names are blatantly misspelled.

J2 Cool: I’m not guessing Farnese is going to get dropped.
Last edited by Starnum on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Farnese I would say is more important to the group then you think. She may not be too useful in combat, but she is the primary caretaker of Casca, and you saw how much trouble everyone else was having without her around. I think she did most of the chores around the place. I know she wants to go, and I think she may finally stand up for herself. You could tell she is missing Casca. But I think she wants to go back. Whether she does or not, we have to wait two weeks to find out.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Starnum wrote: Now that FMA chapter, heh, that’s a totally different story. ;)
heh, quite...

*can't wait for 41-43 to be dealt with then relax with the raws' pace*

but now.. let's not get off-topic ;)

beavers... ok ok.. nevermind
Last edited by Evanidus on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, indeed. Plus, she's learning magic from Schierke now too. I don't think Miura would have started that if he planned on dropping her.

I miss Casca too. *Thinks of his daughter in the hospital* :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I miss Casca's mind. The one in the story. She was always worht a laught. Constantly nagging, woah reminds me of girlfriends.
Last edited by Arresty on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think it's just a Muira style cliffhanger.

I agree with you Starnum, why would Muira plan to have her learn magic, but to have her leave so suddenly? Muira's probably planning to have Farnase make important decisions - to be a witch that everyone hates, or a noble who burns them.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

She did get off on burning. I woudl stick with that if I were her, magic gives her no erotic pleasure.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I don't know about all that.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:She did get off on burning. I woudl stick with that if I were her, magic gives her no erotic pleasure.
Well...she can learn to cast fire spells on trolls... :wink: