Abramoff Prosecutor Removed By Bush Administration

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Abramoff Prosecutor Removed By Bush Administration

Post by Killfile »

You’ve really got to wonder if they think they’re being sneaky – or just don’t care anymore. Yesterday, Bush promoted the lead prosecutor in the Abramoff investigation out of his position and into a federal judgeship.

Imagine what would have happened if Clinton had fired Ken Star in the midst of the Lewinski investigation. The difference between firing and promoting out of the position is pretty irrelevant in this case – in either case the President is denying an ongoing investigation the ability to organize and sift through the reams of data necessary to ascertain what happened and when. Despite the spreading fog of an overt cover-up in progress, the Mainstream Media remains blissfully uninterested in this story.

At the same time, the Bush Administration continues to refuse to release “Grip and Grin” photos of the President and Jack Abramoff, despite the confirmation of their existence by individuals within the administration to Time. While the rational for this refusal isn’t difficult to understand – why hand out photos which can only serve to harm Bush politically – the fact remains that these are unclassified government documents. They are public property.

Meanwhile, with the Abramoff investigation now decapitated and the Administration withholding public documents from the general public, the news that a former White House budget official by the name of David Safavian was indicted “on charges of lying about his contacts with Abramoff” seems to have slipped through the cracks.

As yet another scandal begins to swirl around the White House and the GOP closes ranks yet again in a desperate attempt to keep information from the media Republicans around the country have got to be wondering – was this what they meant when they said they’d restore dignity to the White House?

Read more here.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Maybe, Bush slipped up and disintegrity instead of dignity. He does that with a lot of words and actions.
Bow to Golbez
vtwahoo
Mastered PM

Re: Abramoff Prosecutor Removed By Bush Administration

Post by vtwahoo »

Killfile wrote:...was this what they meant when they said they’d restore dignity to the White House?
Nope. They just meant that Bush wouldn't get (caught receiving) a blow job from an intern.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

vtwahoo wrote:
Killfile wrote:...was this what they meant when they said they’d restore dignity to the White House?
Nope. They just meant that Bush wouldn't get (caught receiving) a blow job from an intern.
But a financial blowjob from a Sheik is ok?
Bow to Golbez
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

financial is better, but not by much
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
vtwahoo
Mastered PM

Post by vtwahoo »

Sortep wrote:
vtwahoo wrote:Nope. They just meant that Bush wouldn't get (caught receiving) a blow job from an intern.
But a financial blowjob from a Sheik is ok?
Sure. Don't you know that a financial blow job is far more dignified?
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Personally, I'd prefer to have my cake and let the intern eat it too.
Bow to Golbez
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

im all for eating cake.
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
vtwahoo
Mastered PM

Post by vtwahoo »

Sortep wrote:Personally, I'd prefer to have my cake and let the intern eat it too.
Yeah...but the problem was that Clinton ate the intern.

Completely undignified.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

I'd rather a president who has a chubby woman fetish yet takes care of business, as opposed to a marionette who stays true to his bland marriage who's puppetteers make bad decisions.
Bow to Golbez
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Unfortunately slightly more than 50% of America (if you belive Diebold Corporation) picks the guy they want to run the country by who they'd rather have a drink with.

Kerry struck me as unappealing, uncharismatic, and unengaging as a speaker -- but his legislative record demonstrated an understanding of subtlety and depth of analysis that made me comfortable with him running the country.

Pitty that more Americans don't see the distinction between Senior Class President and President of the United States.
Carthago delenda est!

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah Kerry was so uncharismatic that you knew it doesnt matter how good he was he woulndt win.
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Libaax wrote:Yeah Kerry was so uncharismatic that you knew it doesnt matter how good he was he woulndt win.
But it's that a condemnation of the American electorate rather than a condemnation of Kerry himself? I mean - I get voting for the cool guy to be Prom King, I don't get electing him president.

I agree with Plato. If I had my way we'd go out and find the smartest, saviest, cleverest guy (or gal) in the country and let THEM run the damn place.

I've got little interest in partisan politics if we're talking about choosing the solutions based on what's best for the country - but that's not what's happening. We're choosing parties, which choose their solutions based on what's best for the ideologies they represent.
Carthago delenda est!

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah if we could only let the smartest guy/girl be in control. There woulndt be a president that dont know his geography.

I wonder what would happen if there werent parties and you choose presidents according to some sort of test to see if the person is fit to lead.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

The founding fathers warned us against political parties. But like any juveniles (yes that is american society) we went against a very pragmatic wisdom.
Bow to Golbez
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Those guys knew what they were talking about.

Considering how things turned out.