New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Damn I'm a lucky admin, all the females who come here and post are hot.

:smoken:

Recruit more damnit!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

psi29a wrote:Damn I'm a lucky admin, all the females who come here and post are hot.

:smoken:

Recruit more damnit!
I'm not sure, but I think this may mean you're a pimp, psi. :smoken:
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

hahahaha....u guys...

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Hi guys, welcome to everyone new!

Haven't been around for quite a while (only to grab the latest chapters...shame on me), and just started to miss you guys.

What's been going on for the past months?
Anything of interest or just the usual "chewing the fat"?
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ok, so ive been having problems with the chat room. i sign on, and it doesnt let me type, the text bar just keeps blinking, and then, sometimes it wont highlight correctly.. i dont know what's going on! it is really irritating, :x so if somone could help me fix this... :cry:

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

why are you posting your problems with the chat here and not in the actual chat thread over here? Keep on topic, if you want help go there.
Mind_Shard_CXXII
imanewbie

Post by Mind_Shard_CXXII »

I'm here:
because I said so.
I'm a n(ew/00)b(ie):
because I fail.
I fail:
because I did something wrong.
I'm using this avatar:
because it is self-censored.
Ich bin das übler gott:
because I suck at German.
I'm done introducing myself:

edit: i removed your ava, I just don't want that here. please pick another one. Trimmed your sig of text, 160 pixels is just for picture, 150 pixel plus one line of text is ok. I like your sig by the way, chrono-trigger rocks my socks. -- psi29a
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I wonder how that avatar was...

oh well, welcome aboard!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The avatar was of some underaged anime character who was revealing herself but with the parts censored by those black box lines. It was quite disturbing.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Mind_Shard_CXXII
imanewbie

Post by Mind_Shard_CXXII »

Eldo wrote:The avatar was of some underaged anime character who was revealing herself but with the parts censored by those black box lines. It was quite disturbing.
Disturbing?
Besides, you didn't even describe the funny part.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

mE <3 teh loli1!11!!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:mE <3 teh loli1!11!!!
That's nice.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

hi there.

I'm new here. Well maybe I should say how i came accross berserk.

I've never been a big fan of anime series. I loved the feature films. My fav movies are Akira and Ninja Scrolls.

My first anime I collected was Trigun, I really loved it but then it ended and wanted something deeper. I then came accross berserk's first dvd.

Me and my brothers got hooked right away. Then like everyone else I wanted more. got the whole manga and came across this website.

I'm currently studying software and game programming. I also do alot of 3d works. I enjoy making tools for artists as well. but enough of me.

hello everyone! :)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Hi there. You know, that's actually incredibley similar to how I came about Berserk and anime/manga as a whole. Pretty much in that exact order too. Akira/Ninja Scroll->Trigun->Berserk->Other Stuff. Except I never "collected" Tirgun, so much as downloaded it from a buddy with bit torrent. Next thing you know this guy might be telling us how much he likes Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, that the DS is underrated, and that Serpico is teh awesome. Should he, I need to remind you all, accept no substitutions. Original flavor Tempest FTW!

j/k man, it's good to have seemingly reasonable new people. Just read the FAQ, don't piss off psi, and watch out for Buzkashi, I don't think he's had all his shots yet. :wink:
ImageImage
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Welcome Grimstar, I think you´ll enjoy it here.
My first anime wasn´t Akira, but quiet close. Robotech and Starzinger got me hooked in this whole mess to start with :P
But Akira was the first anime movie I bought on DvD and that counts for something (Doesnt it?) :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
BlueLotus
imanewbie

Post by BlueLotus »

Hello there. Name is Lotus, I'd like to introduce myself by stating that EG is great. If it wasn't for you all, I would have been at a standstill and have to wait years before D.H. caught up to what you all have achieved. Still will support D.H. of course.
I would like to say that i fairly enjoyed the anime, it seemed to me not so thought provoking as more of what will happen next. The emotions of the characters and the supporting-char is what kept me into it. I came upon the anime first at a good friend of mine's house. He mentioned a nice bloody action packed anime that his older brother bought. So he stuck it in the DVDay and I was totally hooked(also looked at the outtakes and I loved the singing parts hehe). We waited until the the rest of the DVD's came out. It was grueling to keep going over and asking if they got the new one. When we finished it all I wanted more, and seeing as how a large portion of anime is based off its manga counterpart are started searching and found The Hawks site. I downloaded it all and left at the latest of it's vol.20+ something, can't remember. After that lost track, then I came across a forum which said that you had the latest chapter which was a whole volume more and so here i am, mind you that was a year ago and before the manga it was another year. THREE YEARS!!!! Gawd(don't use the big Cheese's name so i substitute with GAWD) i love this series and if i said it before and you are still reading this THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
Banana POWA
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Greetings and welcome Lotus.
You seem to be totally addicted to Berserk just like the rest off us 8)

BlueLotus
imanewbie

Post by BlueLotus »

heh isn't this what it's all about? Like someone mentioned before, the first is admitting you have an addiction...to Berserk ---ll======>(this thing is huge)
Banana POWA
carebare
imanewbie

Thanx for everything

Post by carebare »

Big thanx to the Evil Genius and Mindwerks. I keep coming here looking for updates once I figured out you were the source for Berserk and Zetman scanlations. I am sure it's a lotta work and appreciate it.

Also thanks to Femto and others for the entertaining posts. I love the little squabbles and flaming of the lazy and doltish :lol:

The Berserk anime and your forum were one of the things granting me motivation and know-how to figure out Torrent, mIRC, and stuff. So again, thanks for the help. Though this is my first post (I learned to be wary as well). haha. Laters.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

what a deloghtful first post!

Welcome!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Welcome Carebare, I think you´r gonna fit in here just fine after been lurking around for so long 8)

carebare
imanewbie

Post by carebare »

I figured the least I could do was say thanx since I have been leeching <a lot> This group has provided such a swell public service for meeting our need for Berserk and other manga. And help me pass the hours and hours at work. I will have to donate one of these days, I guess. Once I get my raise.
Kavaron
imanewbie

Post by Kavaron »

I have a question regarding volumes 1-3

I knew it took place after the eclipse but if someone wants to start reading the Berserk manga isnt volume 3 a HUGE spoiler when Griffith appears?? I enjoyed this series a lot cause I started watching the anime and I didnt know anything about the behelits etc... Spoilers ruin a big part of enjoyment
I cant believe that these volumes were out before the golden age.

I want to give the volumes to a friend to start reading and I think maybe I should give him end of volume 3 first..

Can someone enlighten me?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You made the exact same post in two different threads. That's weird, don't do that.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Muira did that for a purpose. it creates a lot of tension and suspense throughout the whole flash back. the flash back is a flash back for a reason, to provide a backround to the current situation. if anything vol 3 isnt a spoiler, the next 10 vol's are jsut there to inform you on the situation at hand ;)