Trolling and Flamez is teh illegal

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Carebare,

First, I strongly resent the allegation that I did anything out of a bias against "newbies." Personally, I welcome new individuals to the forums, doubly so to the Current Events and Politics section as it is sort of my pet project.

That said, while I need not make my reasons public, I will do so in this case.

I deleted your double post because it was against forum rules. I do that whenever the need arises - though generally, if there is anything that looks like real content, I integrate the posts.

I told you that if you pulled that shit again I'd take more severe actions - not because you're a "newbie" (and you're not) but because you demonstrated both knowledge of the forum rules and SPECIFIC intent to break them in your post.

Indeed, for a true newbie, I would have gently reminded them in a private message and fixed their mistake for them.

Now then, another forum rule you're no doubt aware of has something to do with respecting and listening to the administrative staff. That includes me. Up until now you've been teasing and joking a little - and that's fine. With regard to violations of the forum rules, however, it stops here.

Double posting and spam posting is prohibited for several very good reasons - I get that you were making a joke - even if I didn't think it was terribly funny.

One of the privileges of seniority and status is the ability to have the last word on a subject. You've been warned - my advice is to take it to heart and let this one go.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
carebare
imanewbie

Post by carebare »

Look, I was doing it in jest but I admit that I did retaliate in kind to your harsh tone. A PM message would have done service in this case because I am actually a law-abiding citizen, and would have liked to delete the posts per Femto's request rather than ruffle feathers. I did read your guides on spamming and thought it was OK when its in context with the discussion at hand
Spam Fest

Part of me wanted to see what would happen next, but I didn't image it would get outta hand and people get all butt-hurt. Femto is a funny guy and it was just a one-upsmanship thing, mmm-kay? I guess I have too much time on my hands! An idle an mind is the devil's playground. But whatever, I will take my mischief making ways elsewhere. I really should be working. But its been fun. Sorry about any hurt feelings, peoples.

edit: fixed super long forum breaking URL of doom. -- psi29a
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

:P
It was actually quite amusing how she stirred up the water with her appearence today...to me at least it was.

:wink:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

er, wtf?

thought the gist of the topic at hand was that it is now illegal to flame anonymously? Kind makes all of this moot, since no one here is anonymous.

anywho, my only nit-pick is the overly long URL that fucked up the forum. I'll fix that, you can label your URLs (bbcode's equiv of a href).
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

carebare wrote:Spam Fest
Well, that thread is locked, it was a bit of fun for a while, but it kind of became shit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

on topic: something really needs to be done about the way our congressmen review laws... most dont read them and many of them that do, dont understand the verbage... lovely.... since a bill is public domain anyway... there should be a 3 day period before a bill can be voted on... during this 3 day period... it would be online... i'm quite sure that each politicians constituents would notice any onerous passages in that bill... the way this bill was written is preposterous and will be completely inefficient to enforce without grossly violating even a criminal offender's rights... god bless america
Bow to Golbez
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Sortep wrote:on topic: something really needs to be done about the way our congressmen review laws... most dont read them and many of them that do, dont understand the verbage... lovely.... since a bill is public domain anyway... there should be a 3 day period before a bill can be voted on... during this 3 day period... it would be online... i'm quite sure that each politicians constituents would notice any onerous passages in that bill... the way this bill was written is preposterous and will be completely inefficient to enforce without grossly violating even a criminal offender's rights... god bless america
honestly I didn't quite get all that you said, but if what I think you said was right then no bills would ever get passed because everyone would always reject them because they new exactly what they were reading lol. I guess thats a little better than passing bias and stupid laws.
:wink:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

at the very least it would force the politicians to be a little more clever in hiding their corruption
Bow to Golbez