Here's a great idea

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Here's a great idea

Post by Killfile »

Sugar cane was introduced to Australia in 1788 in the hopes of expanding the British sugar empire.
Unfortuntely for the Brits, the dung beetles they brought to the island to control the droppings from livestock prefered the sugar cane and eventually became a serious problem for the crop.
So in the 1930s, Cane Toads were introduced from Hawaii to curb the Beetle population.
The Cane Toads poisoned local plant life, and are overrunning other crops all over the island.

So the Australian government is planning on introducing a geneticly engineered virus to exterminate the toads.

So the virus will kill the toads that were there to kill the beetles that were there to control the animal droppings that were created by the foreign livestock that made the soil to nitrogen rich for the foreign sugar cane.

What could possibly go wrong?
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

Reminds me of the woman who swallowed a spider, and then a bird to catch the spider, and because the bird was pecking her, she swallowed a cat to eat it..

Yeah, somehow I see the resemblance.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

If they do this I have a pretty good idea that all hell will break loose

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Here's a great idea

Post by Eldo »

Killfile wrote:Sugar cane was introduced to Australia in 1788 in the hopes of expanding the British sugar empire.
Unfortuntely for the Brits, the dung beetles they brought to the island to control the droppings from livestock prefered the sugar cane and eventually became a serious problem for the crop.
So in the 1930s, Cane Toads were introduced from Hawaii to curb the Beetle population.
The Cane Toads poisoned local plant life, and are overrunning other crops all over the island.

So the Australian government is planning on introducing a geneticly engineered virus to exterminate the toads.

So the virus will kill the toads that were there to kill the beetles that were there to control the animal droppings that were created by the foreign livestock that made the soil to nitrogen rich for the foreign sugar cane.

What could possibly go wrong?
Yeah, being in Australia, I've heard of that.

Cane toads are a real hazard to Australian wildlife, and I guess they won't stop at any costs to completely eradicate them. There are cane toad catching competitions that I have yet to participate, but those are lame.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
sima
imanewbie

Post by sima »

here we are playing god again..
\"THINK FOR YOURSELF, QUESTION AUTHORITY\"
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

What ever happened to making viruses just to kill all the people who live there?