Berserk Game

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

damn necro, well said. Thats what i wanna do too. But not the necro/berserk part. :wink:
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I have like the baddest ass game mechanic system (skills, leveling, fighting, etc...) mapped out on like 30 pages of paper. Just ideas I have compiled for months on months...heck if someone knows how to make a game, let's get together and make one worthy of Berserk!
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

TheDrizzit wrote:heck if someone knows how to make a game, let's get together and make one worthy of Berserk!
I am working on that. I'll tell you when I'm ready. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

It takes a lot to make a high end game...

...BUT you could make a really older looking game (worse graphics...think FFVII and DOS games) fairly easliy if you know Basic. I've made a simple game before...but i think Berserk deserves better.
:wink:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I have started the process of finding a Game Generator any one know of any off the bat?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

are u talking about a mod like a slide card?
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

read this last page of posts and you will know what I am talking about. :twisted:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I don't know about a game generator and I don't trust such things. If I want something to be done, I do it myself. And I know it's much work but I always wanted to become a game programmer and I'm on my way.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Well while you are on or way I will entertain my self with my own Game, I bet in the end yours will turn out better :evil:
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

I don't know much about game generators...are they those programs that help you piece together the game graphics and rules and whatnot?
:wink:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I'm diing to find out what will come out of this.
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Sandman wrote:I have started the process of finding a Game Generator any one know of any off the bat?
I suggest going here. It's a game development site containing many articles on game development as well as a very active forum. If you are really serious about making a game, that site is an excellent place to learn how to do it.

Good luck.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Thanks for the site BigSassy i'm really interested in the video game department.
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

TheDrizzit wrote:I have like the baddest ass game mechanic system (skills, leveling, fighting, etc...) mapped out on like 30 pages of paper. Just ideas I have compiled for months on months...heck if someone knows how to make a game, let's get together and make one worthy of Berserk!

I agree...I've been having MANY ideas involving a perfect Berserk game...I'd like it to be based from Manga Vol. 1 and on....not the WHOLE series, just a good enough portion for the game...I think a next-gen version of Berserk would be sick! I can just imagine gazing at the amazing lighting/texture effects of the town engulfed in flames from Vol.1...Plus, a major over haul on human ragdolls and enviromental physics....Im sure ALL Berserk fans would LOVE to see a soldier and horse fly in half as a result of the Dragonslayer swinging at FULL force!! 8)
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You should've sent a PM instead of bringing this thread back from the death.

Necroing is against the rules y'know.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Well... since this topics resurfaced. Anyone know where to find the Game video for berserk. The one where it shows the hawks in glory then the eclipse.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Femto wrote:Necroing is against the rules y'know.
Especially iwhen I'm not around.
Luck- wrote:Well... since this topics resurfaced. Anyone know where to find the Game video for berserk. The one where it shows the hawks in glory then the eclipse.
Aren't there some programs out to extract movies from the game cds?
You know you can get everything on the internet you just have to know where.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

OT: Woa Necro, you were gone for a long time, hein?
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

That really is unfortunate that it wont come to states....why not? They know Berserk is huge in the states..... why not give us what we want..?
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

:? ...I don't know why you necro'd the hell outta this thread for that. Really, it won't happen. Soon, developers will stop making PS2 games in favor of the PS3. Your only chance is to buy the import pre-owned.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

your the best thanks, so practical. where do you get off telling everyone they "necroed",what ever that means, a thread when youve been on these boards for less than a month....please stop. If you would have been here 7 months ago when these topics were started maybe you would have a reason to post on them every once and a while....
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

True, I haven't been here long, but I took the time to read the FAQ before posting. The last comment was made last year and the topic started January '05, not 7 months ago, so I don't know how you made that calculation.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:That really is unfortunate that it wont come to states....why not? They know Berserk is huge in the states..... why not give us what we want..?
Only necro threads when there's something to discuss. Your post was kind of worthless. You could have briefly discussed this in the newbie thread or something, instead of bringing a dead thread. Berserk PS2 game won't be localised. If you want a Berserk game in English, play Guts rage on Dreamcast. If that'll stop you from necroing dead threads.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the funny thing is they just chastised someone else for necroing this same thread abotu 3 posts above yours...

EDIT: shit you even joined back when this was first necro'd. shoudla gotten your shits and giggles out then
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I had played both :twisted: , the ps2 game worth it just to watch Gatts fighting in the Berserker Armor .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.