Zodd Theory

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

Istvan wrote:As things stand, Griffith could almost certainly kill Guts if he really wanted to. Guts would have to be significantly better then Zodd (and Zodd's monster form is still better then Gutts) to have a chance at defeating Griffith.

This is going somewhat off-topic...

It doesnt make sense why Griffith would allow him to live and to have his apostles be killed. You know I think Griffith has some plan for him. Because if he viewed Guts as just another insignificant person then why visit him? He knows he's only going to anger him and make him kill the apostles.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

First i would like to say that this is an interesting theory. We all know that Zodd lost his horn to Griffeth, hence Griffeth is the only one Zodd follows with true loyalty. As far as Zodd and his horn are concerned however i would disagree with the statement about the death of Zodd due to him missing a horn.

I believe Miura intended that to be a mark of Griffeth's ownership of Zodd. You mustn't forget that Zodd has 2 forms, his human and appostle form. For all we know Zodd could be killed in his human form while he is less of a threat and more vulnerable. It's a good theory but you just can't say exactly what/if Miura plans to have happen to Zodd given his missing horn if, of course, anything results from it at all.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Its also entirely possible that if the person was strong enough and beat him to his liking Zodd wouldn't even mind actually losing. He'd find it enjoyable... or at least interesting enough to warrant fighting them again. Although I don't know how he'd feel about dieing.
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

you know I just remembered that. You are right. I think he'd love for anyone to match or be better than him.

But I agree with you no one knows how Zodd would feel about dying. Remeber that snake guy (sorry I suck remembering names), he was deathly scared to die, so was the big fat crazy guy (lol again sorry I suck with names!) with his daughter...he begged to live.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Orrrrrrrrrr.

Gatz cracks him over the fucking head where the horn should be and splatters his brains all over the place, to which his response is: I cannot regenerate without my head.

Now, the question again, do you guys think it will or COULD play out something like that?

Note #1: Yes, I spell it Gatz, that's just my preference.
Note #2: Dictionary.com says "Situational means: Position or status with regard to conditions and circumstances." To the guy who didn't understand what the word meant and made a nice little post disagreeing with the word situational then going on to describe things that are situational. Like if me and you were fighting in real life and we fell on the ground next to a puddle. Then I proceeded to drown you in this puddle. Well if it didn't rain earlier that morning you wouldn't of died cause of that.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yes Shisho there is a chance that it will all evolve into this

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Loeviz wrote:Yes Shisho there is a chance that it will all evolve into this
That's what I like to hear! ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think Guts feel diffrent fighting Zodd,since he is the strongest he have fought. He would love to beat him with his own streangt not wait for something he can use against him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

indeed Guts did loose to Grifith, but it was the fight against Zodd that really scared him, that made him work harder than ever to be strong enough to fight with a monster like that... so yes there is a "special" relashionship between them ;) probably would mean a lot to defeat your old fear...
azn_l10n
imanewbie

Post by azn_l10n »

donny wrote:indeed Guts did loose to Grifith, but it was the fight against Zodd that really scared him, that made him work harder than ever to be strong enough to fight with a monster like that... so yes there is a "special" relashionship between them ;) probably would mean a lot to defeat your old fear...
That makes perfect sense.

Gatts's lost to Griffith really meant nothing to him. I mean, he thought about it for a few moments (memory panels) and wondered what type of man Griffith is who could just smile and then have that scary look but never did he think back about his lost to Griffith as significant (arguably aside for his second encounter when he was about to leave).

However, when things got tough (like against Boscogne), he thought about Zodd. I even recall that he was reflecting upon the fear when he fought Zodd, something like "this feeling, it's called fear".

When Gatts met neo-Griffith on the hillside along the "band of the hawks" (just a bunch of swords), it seems he already conquered his fear but still had Zodd as a goal. Zodd by then was just merely "in his way" but by this time, he was thinking he can handle it.

Really, your little post made me think a little, I like that.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Griffith even after he became a god is a shemale who would be afraid of him while Zodd looks like a devil,specialy the first time Guts fought him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Muhrhr I'm back. :P 12 pages of new posts in threads since last login and still some theories up.
Libaax wrote:Griffith even after he became a god is a shemale who would be afraid of him
I have to fully agree with you. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Guts was thinking when he was fighting Boscogne that he had been in worse siuations then this, and survived.
And you´r right Libaax, Griffith is a little "Girlieman" to quote Arnold

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Gatts's lost to Griffith really meant nothing to him. I mean, he thought about it for a few moments (memory panels) and wondered what type of man Griffith is who could just smile and then have that scary look but never did he think back about his lost to Griffith as significant (arguably aside for his second encounter when he was about to leave).

However, when things got tough (like against Boscogne), he thought about Zodd. I even recall that he was reflecting upon the fear when he fought Zodd, something like "this feeling, it's called fear".
I think the difference is that although Griffith was better then him, Guts still felt that he could fight against him. Zodd was so strong (especially when he shifted form, which is what Guts recalled in his fight against Boscogne) as to make any fight pointless. That's why Guts thinks something like "there isn't the hopelessness I felt at that time". He isn't bothered by someone better then him, but by a force so powerful as to make any attempt by him to fight it meaningless. The next time he fights Zodd he has changed enough that those fealings no longer apply.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Loeviz wrote:Guts was thinking when he was fighting Boscogne that he had been in worse siuations then this, and survived.
And you´r right Libaax, Griffith is a little "Girlieman" to quote Arnold
Thats why he feels diffrent when he fights Zodd,no one has scared the shit of Guts as Zodd has.
azn_l10n
imanewbie

Post by azn_l10n »

[quote="IstvanI think the difference is that although Griffith was better then him, Guts still felt that he could fight against him. Zodd was so strong (especially when he shifted form, which is what Guts recalled in his fight against Boscogne) as to make any fight pointless. That's why Guts thinks something like "there isn't the hopelessness I felt at that time". He isn't bothered by someone better then him, but by a force so powerful as to make any attempt by him to fight it meaningless. The next time he fights Zodd he has changed enough that those fealings no longer apply.[/quote]

Yes, this was what I was getting at.

However, I'm not so sure whether Gatts was thinking "this is pointless" in the fight or even after. It seems his practicing alone and all is so that he can win against Zodd. I honestly think that without his encounter with Zodd, Gatts may never has become as determined.

Also, of course the speech Griffith gave around the duck princess.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah Guts were proud and thought he was the strongest before he met Zodd,then he saw there are monsters that are many times stronger,giving him a reason to wanna become alot stronger.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yupp, but I wonder if Guts is gonna think he don´t need to get any stronger once Zodd is slain

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He will cause there arent any Apostles that are stronger than Zodd.

Plus with armour who make him more Berserker than usuall there arent Apostles he doesnt think he can take down.

Also He is soo strong now that he cant get much stronger.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hmm, well I also think Zodd is the strongest around when it comes to apostles.
But He´s pretty strong too Grunbeld (I think his name is that) and the other famous knight (haha me and names :P) apostle hasnt even showed yet what he can do.
They might not be stronger then Zodd, but perhaps smarter in some way??

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Smarter wont get them very far cause Guts is a master of using whatever he finds to his advantage.

Im not saying they will be easy but they wont make him afraid now that he is healed an all and ready for some action.
Last edited by Libaax on Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah Guts wont get afraid off them I think, but he might get a little rattled when he see´s the knights true form. Or maybe thats just gonna be me when I see it :P haha

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He has seen many apostles true form i dont think that will make him rattle,they must do alot to shake a man like Guts. But im looking forward to that,what they will be like.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yupp, but I wonder if Guts is gonna think he don´t need to get any stronger once Zodd is slain
I wouldn't think so, because although Zodd is the most powerful of the Apostles, the God's Hand are all much more powerful then he is, and Guts goal is to kill Femto (who I believe is the most powerful of the God's Hand) and probably he would like to kill the others as well. So even after Zodd is dead, he'll still probably continue to try to get stronger. Even ignoring all of this, Guts wil probably continue to try to improve himself until the day he dies. He doesn't seem the type to just rest on his accomplishments.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He wont be able to beat Femto with power he will beat him with some magical help.

I mean he cant get even close to him without bleeding to death,so it doesnt matter how strong he if he doesnt have a way he can get close and hurt Femto.