Cheney makes me cry....

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Cheney makes me cry....

Post by psi29a »

VP Dick Cheney in Iraq wrote:"I think when we look back from 10 years hence, we'll see that the year '05 was in fact a watershed year here in Iraq," the vice president said. "We're getting the job done. It's hard to tell that from watching the news. But I guess we don't pay that much attention to the news."

source

If you feel this is out of context, then read the article above. However, it still made me mad. Don't believe everything you hear or watch, but damnit, at least pay attention. It makes it sound like the executive branch of the USA has it's head in the sand.
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Cheney makes me cry....

Post by Killfile »

psi29a wrote:It makes it sound like the executive branch of the USA has it's head in the sand.
Question: Have you been paying attention these last 5 years?

Iraq
Katrina
Medicare
Tax Cuts during a time of military crisis
"Fuck You" Foreign Policy

Yea, there's an administration that's in touch with reality.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I actually happen to like the "Fuck You" Foreign Policy, thank you very much.

Goes well with my mantra:

"I'm going to liberate me some oil, to preserve it's freedom."

RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Re: Cheney makes me cry....

Post by RedEyes »

psi29a wrote:
VP Dick Cheney in Iraq wrote:"I think when we look back from 10 years hence, we'll see that the year '05 was in fact a watershed year here in Iraq," the vice president said. "We're getting the job done. It's hard to tell that from watching the news. But I guess we don't pay that much attention to the news."

source

If you feel this is out of context, then read the article above. However, it still made me mad. Don't believe everything you hear or watch, but damnit, at least pay attention. It makes it sound like the executive branch of the USA has it's head in the sand.
Not only VP, but also P

"I appreciate people's opinions, but I'm more interested in news. And the best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world." - George W. Bush in a Fox News interview with Brit Hume, September 22, 2003.

I'm sure you already figured out the huge logic error. If not, read it again :lol:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:"I'm going to liberate me some oil, to preserve it's freedom."
Yeah, like, 'freedom' comes at a dear cost.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am