Help Me!

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Help Me!

Post by Rosiel »

I'm looking for a new manga to read and I need suggestions! I personally like romance to play a large role in the manga. (sucker for a love story) Anywho, go ahead and give me some recommendations.
Under Construction!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Get off manga.. Go read a book!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Has your brother showed you Tenjou Tengue yet man? I enjoy it a lot, and there is some romance to itt (Like the love triangle between Maya, Souchiro, and Masataka). I can't suggest muc hof anythign else since I haven't read a whole lot of other mangas, so I'll step back now. I've given my 2 cents.
ImageImage
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Tempest wrote:Has your brother showed you Tenjou Tengue yet man? I enjoy it a lot, and there is some romance to itt (Like the love triangle between Maya, Souchiro, and Masataka). I can't suggest muc hof anythign else since I haven't read a whole lot of other mangas, so I'll step back now. I've given my 2 cents.
Yeah he gave me all he got on cd and i lost it.
Under Construction!
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Ai-Ren.

It's probably the best romance I've read for real. Unlike romantic comedies such as Ichigo 100% for example, Ai-Ren revolves around the relationship of simply a boy and a girl and the impact their relationship have on the people around them. Other than the romance between the male and female lead, it has a mysterious story sometimes but you'll probably get it.

The other one I'd recommend is Haru Yo Koi is worth mentioning but it is unfinished. I hope Chaotixubs can gone head and get it done.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Laik wrote:Ai-Ren.

It's probably the best romance I've read for real. Unlike romantic comedies such as Ichigo 100% for example, Ai-Ren revolves around the relationship of simply a boy and a girl and the impact their relationship have on the people around them. Other than the romance between the male and female lead, it has a mysterious story sometimes but you'll probably get it.

The other one I'd recommend is Haru Yo Koi is worth mentioning but it is unfinished. I hope Chaotixubs can gone head and get it done.
Thank you very much, going to check em out tomorrow!
Under Construction!
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

I have always enjoyed anything by Junji Ito, (horror). Uzumaki, Gyo, Tomie. (any of these are good) his art is truly amazing. everyone should check junji ito's stuff out.

Clover by...yes, im going to recomend it, CLAMP. the only clamp comcis it hink is really worth reading. not sucha great story, but the chracters are beautiful.

Ai Yazawa is very popular right now. Nana and was just released this year in english. ive been reading it for a few years, and i think it has a lot of good real aspects. (paradise kiss, gokinjo monogatari are others by her)

i forget who it was around here, but i started reading REAL, and it is really wonderful. i think everyone sould read it!

GANTZ! is really great. very unique and the anime is also interesting. a guys perspective in love and such, but very action filled.

Honey Bitter by miho obana is funny and part of her new darker themed mangas recently. also, PARTNER.

let me know if you are interested in any of these and i can help u get some.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

These types of threads suck. There are tons of great manga out there, pick one. Just look at all the popular manga threads in this forum, Ippo, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc. You could also look at one of the hundred other manga suggestion threads.

Say no to suggestion threads people!