Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

xeno wrote:You weren't harsch at all.
Looking at your profile confirms my suspicions of you being German.
xeno
imanewbie

Post by xeno »

Yeah ... a mistake i do pretty often ... corrected it. :oops:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Griffith has had more character development than Guts which i dont like but what can you do.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

The only problem about Grifith character development is that after eclipse he disappeared from highlights and when undercover (if you allow me to use such metaphor=) and basically the only scene on the hill of the swords gave a clue about how he have changed. But it seams that this will change, he should get back on stage quite soon, since the cataclysm of current events is enviable now..

oh and about Grifith changing, Casca told to Guts: "..Because You changed Grifith.." in the cave I mean before he defeated hundred soldiers(mostly mercenaries in fact=)
Sn4ke
imanewbie

Other Manga's by Miura

Post by Sn4ke »

Sorry, this is off topic but i was wondering if Miura has any other manga's he has released and maybe where i can find them.
If this question was posted else where and has already been answered... sorry
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

also off topic.. but wtf, i thought u guys would find this as funny as i did

just lookn for swords when...

http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPON ... FDX=&FMAX=

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Bah, such a puny sword. It dishonors the name Dragon Slayer. How dare they!
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

I've recently bought a sword that has 1.5m height, and the blade is like 10cm. She's a large broadsword, and it's probably made of some aluminum alloy, so she can be lighter. And she weights a lot...man, I can only think about how bizarrely heavy the real Dragon Slayer must be...

On a side note - here in Brazil the Manga has just entered the "Golden Age" arc. It's impressive how Shisu (the Gambino's lady who "adopts" Guts) resembles the catatonic Casca! Seriously, go and look! It's just too weird! Maybe that is another reason why Guts feel so much protective of her?

Can Miura stop to impress us? :)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What a shitty sword to be called Dragonslayer, its clear they havent read Berserk and saw how a Dragonslayer really looks like.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Compared to Guts dragons slayer that one here is like a butter knife.
outrageous :kekeke:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its not even butter knife compared to its Toothpick :P
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Libaax wrote:Its not even butter knife compared to its Toothpick :P

Gahahahaha, I almost fell off my chair when I read that

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

yea, when you think of how thick dragon's scales must be...unless its magical of course :kekeke:
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

hahahaha, just the response i was expecting. i was so irritated when i saw this. im going to have to get me a caska sword,( for caska cosplay) but im doing it the lazy way. buying a similar sword and adding clay and paint and stuff to make it like hers. i happened to come across this horrible excuse for a dragon slayer and thought u guys might understand.

okay, so i was looking around at the skullknight.net site (i dont know if u guys are familiar, its a berserk site that has a lot of information+forum+other stuff).

on this forum they were talkinga bout how:

guts+caska(now)=gambino+shizu.

i would just like to bring the topic up here. ( its pretty self explanatory)

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Fuji Nagase wrote:okay, so i was looking around at the skullknight.net site (i dont know if u guys are familiar, its a berserk site that has a lot of information+forum+other stuff).
*Chuckles* Now that's funny.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe she is new so she of course dont know about skullknight being mentioned in this forums a couple of times before.

Ah i remember the days i searched after berserk chapters before i didnt know about EG. I thought i should wait before Skull realeses the vols i was after.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Fuji Nagase wrote: okay, so i was looking around at the skullknight.net site (i dont know if u guys are familiar, its a berserk site that has a lot of information+forum+other stuff).
You ever read the FAQ?

And I think that the comparison between Guts/Caska and Gambino/Shizu is an unfair one. You can draw comparisons to them if you want, but where does it lead you?
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i think the idea can help put perspective on his situation. of course it's not really the "same" thing happening, but there are similarities, no? (the differences shouldnt have to be discussed because they are so apparent.)

and yes, i have read the FAQ, but since it was a while ago, i dont remember skullknight being so obviously mentioned. and as far as ive been around, ( i know it hasn't been a huge amount of time) i havent seen it be mentioned in such a way that i should remember so distinctly.

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

There has been... 'issues' with us and sk.net in the past. While I'm respectful to them, I try to stay away as much as possible.

I personally think it is rude when people jump forums just to snark or attack people. *ahem*

Anywho, now you know. They have a great deal of information, I can't deny them that, so kudos goes to them a lot for wikipedia content and their encylcopedia.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i agree. they have info, but honestly, i dont like the rest of anything they have.(which is why i am here, not there) i was just kinda looking around, and i stumbled on their forum.

anyway, so now i know.

wow, am i embarrased.. :oops:

down-n-dirty
imanewbie

plate

Post by down-n-dirty »

design for a license plate!

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not bad.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Hia. I came across this site via a link from Spectrum nexus. I thought id stop by and see what this site was, and got into some of the threads and was intrigued!! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great reading material and subjects! I hope to see you guys in future pages!!!!!!!!!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:Hia. I came across this site via a link from Spectrum nexus. I thought id stop by and see what this site was, and got into some of the threads and was intrigued!! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great reading material and subjects! I hope to see you guys in future pages!!!!!!!!!
Same way I got here...lol...Wanna have sex?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Buzkashi wrote:Wanna have sex?
Bwahahaha, good one.