Animes/ mangas into Movies

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Animes/ mangas into Movies

Post by Buzkashi »

Which animes/mangas would you like to be made into a real movie. First off for me is death note (if not into an anime series first) Then porbably something like Vamire Hunter D or Trigun and lets not forget FMA. I would say berserk but it would just be a dissapointment if they tried...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, this is gay. Any anime made into a movie would be a big disappointment. I guarantee it.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

No. Umm hmm. Ill think of a few in a sec.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I guess you could do it with some anime. Like the stuff that's not to eccentric, and is drawn to look super realistic. For example, you could probably pull of GITS and Perfect Blue, to name a few. It would just be extremely important to get the right people to make it, which nine times out of ten, isn’t going to happen. I just always think about the Street Fighter movie that had Jean-Claude Van Damme in it. Yuck, just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea hehe . But seriously a deathnote movie would be great.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Haven't read Death Note yet, so I couldn't say.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well you should. I think you would enjoy it. Its kind of like a psychological type of manga though wiht a lil bit of action.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'll check it out one of these days. I've still got a lot of other shit on my queue, heh.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Wow, this is gay. Any anime made into a movie would be a big disappointment. I guarantee it.
True. But it really depends on who does it. If Hollywood makes one, they'll probably butcher all the anime qualities and replace it with shit. Casshern is an example of anime to movie.

I was thinking how Gantz could be turned to a series or movie. What would be funny is if they made Read or Die TV into a movie...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

DN could become a great movie but not if hollywood did it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Oh, I can name GTO as being a disappointing live movie. I liked the series tho....

And they had a sailor moon j-series too....

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Starnum wrote:I just always think about the Street Fighter movie that had Jean-Claude Van Damme in it. Yuck, just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.
The part of that that made me angry was the portrayel of bison and ryu...those bastards.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Don't forget how they disgraced Ken!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

But Kylie was there as Cammy....wait, I hate her.

AckeDman
imanewbie

Post by AckeDman »

all the characters in street fighter were bad... but what was unforgivable was the fact that the actor that played sagat was the shortest when he should be like 2 m tall and have some muscle.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

although the movie was bad, theres one quote in that movie that was the highlight.
I don't no the exact quote but here goes:

Chun Li: You killed my father how could you?! (and so forth)
Bison: For you that was the day your father died, but to me it was just Thursday
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea i liked that too.