The manga vs. the TV series

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Berserk manga or Berserk animation?

The Manga, Miura's original work > all
83%
The Animation, animated Berserk = g0d
17%

Total votes: 162

Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i was always in the process of thinking about how in the manga, it seemed a little different when femto raped caska. there was some feelings griffith had for caska (be it just friends or a possesive thing). so when he was raping caska, it wasnt just to piss guts off, maybe it had to do with caska too. in the anime there was not as much of hinting to this idea.

and yes, i agree, the anime can and i think is a great way to start berserk, but to get a better idea (and if your lucky) an understanding of berserk, the manga is necessary.
but u dont know it until u read the manga.

ex:
i thought that when they took out the fact that guts was sold/raped when he was younger would create problems for the anime, (seeing as how when caska and guts have sex, it was a big chunk of the scene) but since basically the whole caska+guts sex scene was uh..almost non existant, they didnt have to worry about it. guts was less developed as an emotional and troubled guy because of this. also, i think it overall made their love seem less strong. (again, only after reading the manga i noticed this)

of course the anime was for tv release, right? so u cant expect the anime to have nearly as much sex and gore as the manga we all love.

go caska+guts and griffith+charolette!!!! ( notice the + signs opposed to the vs. )

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Fuji Nagase wrote:of course the anime was for tv release, right?
That's correct. That's why they should've released the anime as an OAV instead, but I guess it's too late now.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah! that's what ive been saying! it also helps people accept the fact that there most likey isnt going to be any 2nd season.. ( we can still dream though!)

-fuck, i was trying to put "never going to be one" but i just cant...

Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Aaaaah BS! BS! Damn lets hope it gets more and more fans while muira is still working on it so some company will pick it up and do an anime on it.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah!!!

we can go to the book stores and pressure people into buying berserk!

"here little girl, this one has a fairy in it!"
"hey big boy, u like dark skinned girls?"
"hey, you, girl! you like big 'swords' dontcha?"
"buy it or ill kill you"

miura would be proud..or freaked out..but richer none the less!

Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Ahahaha wat a plan. And the "hey, you, girl! you like big 'swords' dontcha?" well end in look under my pants.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Just tell the boys they get to see boobs on the first page and they will be sold. They're demon boobs, but boobs none the less. Speaking of those boobs, isn't that demon that Guts kills the same one that kills Corkus? I don't have a pic from the first volume, but I still have that ad I made from the "favorite hawk" campaign:

I am pretty damn sure it is. Oh Miura, the wonders of your work never cease to amaze me.

On a totally unrealted note, what is that font EG uses in the translation? It looked like Comic Sans MS, but it is a bit different. I ask just so that I can make anymore Omake I do better quality, especially if I am am mixing real dialouge and comic dialouge.
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Tempest wrote:On a totally unrealted note, what is that font EG uses in the translation? It looked like Comic Sans MS, but it is a bit different. I ask just so that I can make anymore Omake I do better quality, especially if I am am mixing real dialouge and comic dialouge.
'Wild words' font. Should be able to google it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

hahaha, yeah, ill vote for judeau, he always had my vote anyways.

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Eldo wrote:
Tempest wrote:On a totally unrealted note, what is that font EG uses in the translation? It looked like Comic Sans MS, but it is a bit different. I ask just so that I can make anymore Omake I do better quality, especially if I am am mixing real dialouge and comic dialouge.
'Wild words' font. Should be able to google it.
That would be great if it didn't cost 129.99 USD to download. What a rip!
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

WTF are you talking about, its free...

http://rapidshare.de/files/7638267/wild ... d.rar.html
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Nazgûl wrote:WTF are you talking about, its free...

http://rapidshare.de/files/7638267/wild ... d.rar.html
Yeah, if you pirate it... surely its that kind of free. :P The people who own the IP known as "Wild Words" want 129.99 USD though.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

funny thing about the internet

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Fuji Nagase wrote:hahaha, yeah, ill vote for judeau, he always had my vote anyways.
The original thread is here:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0

My favorite ad that I made in that one:
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Goddamn Southpaw...

Where the hell is he nowadays?

There's too little drama and inspiration for omake right now.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Yes, that is the same demon :)

Mods, I'm not sure if I can post a picture of an already released chapter/volume. If it's not alright, tell me and I'll edit it.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

oh yea...i remember voting for judeau..

Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Aaaaah... thats dangerous doing a demon... you don't know what kinda vagina it has and what kinda damage it will do to your penis...

P.S. Man what a rip for fonts... $129.99 USD.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

cant u rip (as in download free fom the net) them? i thought someone gave u a link for that earlier.

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Fuji Nagase wrote:cant u rip (as in download free fom the net) them? i thought someone gave u a link for that earlier.
EG itself tends to look down on downloading or hosting volumes 1-10, which Dark Horse has already realeased in print (There are exceptions, like countries that don't get the DH releases). They do what they can to support Miura and promote actually buying Berserk.
ImageImage
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

no, not comics, the fonts. im all for supporting the artist here.

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Maybe you can 'borrow' the text for a little while and delete it within 24 hours. That way nobody would know, and it sounds legal-ish. Just giving it a test drive.

Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Maybe you can 'borrow' the text for a little while and delete it within 24 hours. That way nobody would know, and it sounds legal-ish. Just giving it a test drive.
LoL. Do people actually delete it in 24 hours. BTW I saw the link for the fonts i meant the people who are selling. I dont' think its worth $129.99. We'll I'll never buy it.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

really

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Luck- wrote:
LoL. Do people actually delete it in 24 hours. BTW I saw the link for the fonts i meant the people who are selling. I dont' think its worth $129.99. We'll I'll never buy it.
Yeah, uh, I delete it and download it again to use it, I, uh, can't make up my mind.