Zolo = Guts!!!!!!!

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Live Action VS Animation Dubs is a whole different battle. It is do able in animation, not in live action with out looking like shit.

And aren't subtle changes in the script going to be made in the sub as well as the dub?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Not to the same extent. As the dub tends to be aired on TV, the sub tends to be relatively unedited.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

LordMune wrote:Not to the same extent. As the dub tends to be aired on TV, the sub tends to be relatively unedited.
I am talking about anime straight to DVD or the uncut, unedited DVD versions. We all know that anime gets butchered for American TV, that is just how it is. We all know the travesty that is One Piece on the tube.

As far as unedited anime goes, the Dub tries its hardest to be faithful. I will give ya the fact that they do occasionally change some stuff dealing with Japanese culture to more American based, like with FLCL when Haruko is going on the music rant in the Elvis get up. I really don't give a damn about those changes, I don't know crap about Japanese pop stars and what not, so it is more entertaining to hear those kind of references.

What I am getting at, are dubs, even ones with changes in it, can be great IF and ONLY IF done properly. There are a lot of horrible offenders out there, but there also some stuff that does just as good as a job.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yeah one thing that upsets me greatly is there will be NO UNEDITED One Piece dvds Image..

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Damien wrote:Yeah one thing that upsets me greatly is there will be NO UNEDITED One Piece dvds Image..
I thought they announced uncut, unedited One Piece straight to DVD for the States?? I guess they canned it. Ouch. Looks like you have to go illegal for that.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I wander what they edit out??
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No, it was just straight butchered. "For Kids" suck monkey balls. I highly warn you people, don't watch that crap. Just go to kaizokufansubs and download yourself some HQ fansubs. I mean, his name is fucking Zoro, come on! :P
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Can you give me an example Starnum, besides Zolo/Zoro?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I must admit that I liked Gutts' english voice actors job... but i'm not a fan of One Piece.. So screw watching that just to hear what was once Gatts
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont like the OP anime anyway so who cares and the dvds that come to us are allways unedited unlike in the states.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

One Piece is freaking awesome, you just have to give it a chance. Yeah, "4Kids" butchered it though, so you have to watch the fansubs. I could rant on it forever, so I won't. Just a couple of examples though, they turned it into something for small children, when it's definitely not meant for that. I mean, they go so far as to turn Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop, and change Smoker into...like, Chaser, or some crap. It's kind of like taking Berserk and trying to make it for children. I mean, that's an extreme situation, but the same basic idea. On the surface One Piece may seem like it's "4Kids", but it's not! So the bastards need to keep their hands off the good shit and stick to crap like Pokemon or whatever.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I was talking about the subs.

What i dont like about OP is that Ruffy sounds so bad,there arent hardly music and where there is music it sucks. I will only watch it cause i have heard the fillers are good.

I had high hopes about OP anime cause OP manga is one of my fav mangas.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Op Is my favorite On-Going Anime series, It has comedy and Action my 2 favorite genres, after about 20 episodes way back when I started I was addicted to this series. The characters are so great, the fights are fucking awesome too.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

OP is pretty good. although i havent heard much of the dubbs.

- u'v all prob. heard my rant about the funny outtakes. my weakness for buying, yes, BUYING some anime is the funny outtakes. ( id ussually get it for free otherwise; fansub)

in a yoshitoshi abe's (new) anime called technolyze (sp?) they have funny outtakes too. planned i think. but very funny.

the eng dubbs are actually getting better i think. i saw berserk of course first with subs, (i think its always better to hear the orig. voices first.) and i thought that the eng. was does better than most. i loved griffith's songs..

( i sing this all the time, at the wrong times)- w/oklahoma tune
-caska is asking why griffith slept with the king- "why would u do that?!"

"because..im just a girl who cant say no
cant seem to say it al aaall,
when a feller wants to kiss a girl, she outta give his face a slap-
but when a feller comes up kissing me,
i kinda sorta wanna kiss him baaack!
oh,
im just a girl who cant say no
cant seem to say it al aaall,
they always say, comon lets go,
just when i order say stoooop

i caaaaant saaaay nooo!!!
( i think it basically ends here)

point is, Cowboy bebop had some of the best dubbs as far as dubbs go for seris. berserk an't too bad either. ( i love judeau's voice in japanese and eng) so whatever you choice... please watch the outtakes. they can be fucking hilarious.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."