All your spelling needs

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

calvin
Flexing spam muscles

All your spelling needs

Post by calvin »

http://www.m-w.com/firefox/firefox-popup.htm

this is for all the other forums that don't have the spell check option. and if you're not using Firefox, you fail at life
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Re: All your spelling needs

Post by Ayanami »

calvin wrote:and if you're not using Firefox, you fail at life
Why?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I use firefox just cause it looks so good.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: All your spelling needs

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:Why?
Don't tell me you don't use Firefox.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I use Firefox 95% of the time. But sometimes there are videos that won't pull up when I use my Firefox browser so I switch to Netscape or IE.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You probably just need to set-up your plugins properly.

Quicktime plugins for example, need to be set-up from the Quicktime preferences and not from Firefox.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Firefox is nice, but I use IE most of the time because I'm not used to the firefox interface and resistant to change.
:wink:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I just have trouble with streaming video...like .asx files whatnot. Like on Yahoo Music's videos.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Just have ASX files loaded by WMP if it's too much trouble.

It might take some tinkering, but it's not too hard to get everything up and running properly in Firefox. I used to have problems with music files in ymtnd's for a while, but it works without a hitch now.
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I love firefox.. but certain things aren't displayed properly and only when that happens do I switch back to my nemesis, IE 6..

A friend of mine has a computer that is incompatable to firefox because his internet is so fast.. that's the excuse I got but it sounds more like a lie...
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Bah, IE works just fine for me. So far I’ve found no reason to switch. I mean, why bother switching to Firefox, and having to make effort to get it to do all the same things my IE can do. Why, just so I can feel "leet"? Um, no thanks. Even then I've found that it doesn't detect some HTML code, like the scrolling code on my site which keeps the backgrounds fixed in place. It's fine if some of you prefer it over IE, but don't hate on those of us who don't use it. There are pros and cons for either case. I don’t know, maybe there’s a really attractive feature I haven’t heard about yet. I’m willing to listen, but until I hear something I like, I’ll stick with IE.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Starnum wrote:Bah, IE works just fine for me. So far I’ve found no reason to switch. I mean, why bother switching to Firefox, and having to make effort to get it to do all the same things my IE can do. Why, just so I can feel "leet"? Um, no thanks. Even then I've found that it doesn't detect some HTML code, like the scrolling code on my site which keeps the backgrounds fixed in place. It's fine if some of you prefer it over IE, but don't hate on those of us who don't use it. There are pros and cons for either case. I don’t know, maybe there’s a really attractive feature I haven’t heard about yet. I’m willing to listen, but until I hear something I like, I’ll stick with IE.
I pretty much agree with Starnum here. Why go through the hassel of fixing fire fox when I can just use my IE 7? Works great for me.
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I use it for convenience. I have all my bookmarks organized into folders and they're set to drop down menus in the links toolbar. It also loads faster for me, I get less spyware and it is yet to shut itself down..
I have also noticed that it dosn't load some photos properly.. but that will probably be fixed over time. :)
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Shade wrote:I have also noticed that it dosn't load some photos properly.. but that will probably be fixed over time. :)
Everything gets fixed over time. IE works now.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Ayanami wrote: Everything gets fixed over time. IE works now.
And we ARE of course the generation of "want things NOW".

Hi guys. Miss me? ^_^
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Tabs > Everything

Hi, Ellen.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LordMune wrote:Tabs > Everything
See, that's what Sykes is always saying. it's called the taskbar see, a very similar function. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Firefox is better than IE in everyway its simple as that for me.

I used Netscape before changing to firefox.

nice to see ya again Ellen.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

LordMune wrote:Image

Quoted for truth.

:PLUS1: :kekeke:
ImageImage
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

But that clutters the taskbar. The taskbar's purpose is to store different applications, not as a way of storing the same thing but with slight variances. Also, currently (this is about average) I have 17 tabs, leaving very little room for anything in the taskbar. Tops I get is in excess of 30-40. Sure you can group them, but I *hate* that: it requires multiple clicks to get what I want. Not to mention with extensions, I can rearrange these tabs to follow a more logical/topical order and I can scroll through them with my mouse wheel.

Firefox's speed of development is much faster than IE's. IE6 was released in 2001 (or so says the copyright). IE7 development wasn't started until recently (last year I think). From 2001 to now, Firefox has gone from nonexistent to this. In addition, due to the extensibility of the browser, you can get features from future releases *now*.

The number one reason I like Firefox is that it is open source. It will never die because a corporation determines it is no longer profitable. I can also compile it myself with custom patches created by me or someone else. People even release alternative versions of it to run it on, for instance, a CD or a jump drive. Good luck doing that on IE or Opera.

Another reason that Firefox is superior is its standards support. IE6 simply sucks while no one knows what IE7 will be like. It makes web development super-ultra-amazing easy. Especially with the DOM Inspector, which I absolutely love, and the Web Developer extension.

In the end, it's your choice. I've been using Firefox since 0.6 and I've yet to see a reason to use anything else.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LordMune wrote:Image

Well, I never have 13 windows open anyway, so that wouldn't really apply to me. I'm to compulsive and lack a short enough attention span to ever let that happen. :P

I just find that tabs in comparison to some of the negative traits, such as not detecting all HTML codes, to not be worth the switch.

arke wrote:I can also compile it myself with custom patches created by me or someone else. People even release alternative versions of it to run it on, for instance, a CD or a jump drive. Good luck doing that on IE or Opera.

Another reason that Firefox is superior is its standards support. IE6 simply sucks while no one knows what IE7 will be like. It makes web development super-ultra-amazing easy. Especially with the DOM Inspector, which I absolutely love, and the Web Developer extension.
Well, I'll have to commend you on that, because I'm not really exactly sure what you're talking about. I guess I'm just not "leet" enough, but that's fine by me. It's cool that you guys enjoy it, and I'm glad that it has useful applications for you, it's just not my thing. *shrugs*
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ellen wrote:
Hi guys. Miss me? ^_^
Not particullarly ..... You can go back to lurking now.

^ ^
O
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

wow, sorry to cause such an uproar there. i only said it because the spelling/dictionary tool i linked was intented for firefox. They make an identical one for IE but i just didn't feel the need to share.

haha, sorry again. that was a good laugh
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, no problem. We enjoy debating such things around here.