Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i think an example should be made...such as next whiner gets temp banned...
t.A
notanewb

Hei can someone hepl?=(

Post by t.A »

I am a berserk fan for years, and thanks to this forum I can get the latest chapters=) it cool, but I have a problem, my external disk drive died on me along with all the bersek manga (from first to v30ch263) =(((( and even though I read it whole like 7 times, but still want to have it.. can someone upload a torrent to all berserk manga? i know its stupid, but its a lot essayer than searching for every chapter once again=(( pls help..
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Hei can someone hepl?=(

Post by Devil_Dante »

t.A wrote:I am a berserk fan for years, and thanks to this forum I can get the latest chapters=) it cool, but I have a problem, my external disk drive died on me along with all the bersek manga (from first to v30ch263) =(((( and even though I read it whole like 7 times, but still want to have it.. can someone upload a torrent to all berserk manga? i know its stupid, but its a lot essayer than searching for every chapter once again=(( pls help..
I recommend the FAQ.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

*whine*
+1

Hehe sorry, that request was too tempting.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

Devil_Dante wrote:I recommend the FAQ.
fell kind of stupid :shock:

anyway thanks, found everything, just first four chapters missing, but i manage to dig them out..
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

t.A wrote:
Devil_Dante wrote:I recommend the FAQ.
fell kind of stupid :shock:

anyway thanks, found everything, just first four chapters missing, but i manage to dig them out..
We all make mistakes, but I'm glad you found what you wanted. Be sure not to make the same mistake twice :wink: .
xeno
imanewbie

Post by xeno »

Here another newbie question:

It's said that children growing up become more and more like thier parents. Do you think Guts has become a bit like Gambino ?
It came through my mind seeing the grin of Guts to Serpico after Fernese got possesed. (I believe it had been in volume 17 but I'm not sure about that)
Can you find other similarities or are they completly different ?

I'm asking you because you seem to have a lot more knowledge about beserk and its characters than me.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well at the moment i would say that they aren't all that similar...well there are certain things that one could say mirror each other. Guts and Gambino both blame someone for taking away their loved one/s, both were crippled, both sought/are seeking revenge on the one who took away their loved one. but those are all stretches really...
xeno
imanewbie

Post by xeno »

I cant think of other things they have in common so I guess you are right about that. Could also be because of the less information we got on Gabino and his behavior to other people around him.
Anyway ... thanks for the reply
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

If anyone could do it, i can. after all i am the master of theories and shit like that :D
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Never ever say you're the master of something, or someone even better will pop up soon. :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
t.A
notanewb

Maybe there is a statistics

Post by t.A »

Of how many times lets say last Bersrk chapter 261 was downloaded? Just wandering how many people are reading digital version of manga..
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't know, let's just say alot. I seriously don't know the statistics on either BT, IRC or direct download.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Maybe psi can help there, he hosts the torrent tracker after all.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I refuse to answer the question.
Oro
Evil Genius

Re: Maybe there is a statistics

Post by Oro »

t.A wrote:Of how many times lets say last Bersrk chapter 261 was downloaded? Just wandering how many people are reading digital version of manga..
Afaik around 12000 to 15000 ppl download our berserk releases.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I get the digitals because:

A. I don't know Japanese
and
B. I don't know where to get the new chapters in Japanese.

^_^ If I knew either I would get the Japanese versions but still d/l the digitals because I appreciate the hard workall of these guys put into it. ^_^ Not that there's a ratings thing or anything.....you know....I don't know where I'm going with any of this.... :roll:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Nazgûl wrote:
t.A wrote:Of how many times lets say last Bersrk chapter 261 was downloaded? Just wandering how many people are reading digital version of manga..
Damn thats a lot. IF everybody would like donate a small fee like 1 dollar(or more/year) ... that would be fun huh.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Devil_Dante wrote:
Nazgûl wrote:
Damn thats a lot. IF everybody would like donate a small fee like 1 dollar(or more/year) ... that would be fun huh.
not here you won't. Nazgul might have other ideas, but I would prefer not to make money off other people's work.
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

psi29a wrote:not here you won't. Nazgul might have other ideas, but I would prefer not to make money off other people's work.
well you just cant not to respect such people;)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

t.A wrote:well you just cant not to respect such people;)
translation please?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Is that a double negative I see?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

psi29a wrote:
t.A wrote:well you just cant not to respect such people;)
translation please?
I think he means that he respects that you arent "money hungry" Psi.
Which is indeed a good thing :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Loeviz wrote:I think he means that he respects that you arent "money hungry" Psi.
Which is indeed a good thing :D

*puts on tin foil hat* It wasn't the double negative that confused me, it was the combination of detective hat for an avatar, the IP address, and the nature of the original question and subsequent follow up by t.A with a phrase (corrected double negative) "well you just can to respect such people".

*shrugs* So, I guess welcome aboard. Hopefully I can understand you better after a few beers. :D (I'm joking.)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ohh I see, my bad

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)