Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I bet you, there's going to be a third raid and stuff, like Initial D. Just watched episode 12, can't believe 13's the last episode, damn. I was thinking it was going be the premium 26 episodes.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

this is so sad ... only 13 episodes. I mean theres so many twists and plot that we are missing! Well, i havent watched eps 13 yet becuase no subs are avaible yet, but i mean, i dont think that they wrapped everything up such as: having alot of explosive actions + explaining who teresa's bro is (althought flashbacks sux 90% of the times) + explaining whos that new team leader + etc
but hey, at least that guy finally died! i was thinking that he was immortal or something
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I still cant see how the heck Souske and Chidori gonna have the time to re unite.
If something they just have to fire his ass and then put him back in school. But that ending will also kinda suck, cause who will pay for his apartment then and so on.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Hum hes been in the army for long I bet he must have some money or might get some for his years of services. He could just get a job too.

Edit: I have to say I like this serie and its sad it ends so fast cmoooon
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

That could be it yes, but then again. How much you think theyre paying thats 17 years old.
And I like this series too, a lot more then the first one.

paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

well, one good thing about the super fats ending is: most of the episodes have cool stuffs in it, and it isnt drag on forever (hum hum ... naruto hum hum ....) so yeah, it makes it super good to watch cuz its mostly compacted with action and stuffs. Still is sad though .....
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I liked ep 12 very much, but they should have extended the show to double the length. It doesn't need to be like gundam, but at least I would have liked some more development between Sousuke and Chidori, and more backgrounds. Like this it will just go out with a big bang, and no time for anything else. That's pretty sad.

Well, I do suppose they won't let the franchise die, not with the top-notch content they put out for this show. I suppose some guy in marketing decided to split the story into two series instead of one for whatever reason. Well, I'm all for it, as long as I don't have to wait too long for the next installment :).
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

Brainpiercing wrote: Well, I do suppose they won't let the franchise die, not with the top-notch content they put out for this show. I suppose some guy in marketing decided to split the story into two series instead of one for whatever reason. Well, I'm all for it, as long as I don't have to wait too long for the next installment :).
And it will be a long wait, cuz i didnt heard anything about a new serie and anything. And also ..... if a marketing guy really did make that kind of decision, he should get fired! i dont wanna wait another few years for 13 eps :(
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Maybe they wanted to make sure that the before series was a success before they made the other half?
:wink:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Maybe, but they couldve just have had 25 episodes as a plan B if the show was a succes. Which this mustve been..

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, a semi succes. For a show this good not to be licensed for US distribution yet must be something of a setback.

I do suppose they bit their own behind by keeping it so short, at least in that respect. When I watched the first ep I was thinking: It's slick, it looks good, it'll be licensed in five minutes, but I guess the US distributors don't want to dish out lots of money for thirteen eps.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

No sadly enough.
Thats the good thing with Fan subs, that you can be able to see something this good.

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I just watched the last episode, and it left be somewhat...disappointed. Guess I expected more but recieved less than I originally planned.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I also feel a little disapointed, but then again there is not that much you can do with 20-25 minutes.

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, that last ep almost ruins the entire good memory of the show, but only almost.

It's not just that they tried to put everything into one ep, it's even the way they did it:

There was nothing wrong with Sousuke finding himself again and defeating everyone.

There was nothing wrong with Chidori beating Sousuke up at first sight and then with the usual banter going on.

But what in bloody hell was Chidori doing in Hongkong, with some sort of bag and in school dress??????? That's about the most ridiculous scene ever. And how can he suddenly perfectly control the bloody robot, when before he could hardly get it to do what he wanted? This is even more full of shit than the usual anime style final battle rubbish.

Well, that all said, luckily the total crap occured at the beginning of the ep. That way you still have almost ten minutes of so-so FMP banter to let you forget about it, and conserve the overall good memory of the show.

Let's see: FMP, 2nd Raid, eps. 1-12: 9.5 out of 10.
Ep 13: 2 out of 10.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about her dress. And furthermore, If mithril was the ones that took Chidori to Hong kong, why didnt the two that tailed Souske know about it?

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The chick protecting Chidori (information bureau) brought her to Hong Kong on her own accord...I thought that was bullshit.

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Arg, ok, the funny fat guy with the mask was a girl? I didn't even get that.
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It was more a guess than deduction, I can only assume that the 'fat guy' was only a convincing disguise. It fits the profile for stalker and voyeur so nobody would suspect that she's a spy if caught, heh. And also that bit at the end with the laser point suggests that the fat guy was her.

paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

Well at first i was like: and who the hell is she?! Then at the end as u said, i was like: oh! so thats how Chidori managed to get to hong kong when the city is all screwed up. Its an easy guess, and who will really think that the author will make chidori kill someone? The fans might go crazy lol
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Dang, I really missed that part about that being a disguise.

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, I knew it was a disguise, but I didn't think there would be a chick underneath.

Oh well, even with all that, I still think Chidori's entry could have been a little less cheesy.
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well, I knew it was a disguise, but I didn't think there would be a chick underneath.

Oh well, even with all that, I still think Chidori's entry could have been a little less cheesy.
Same here, I didn't know it was a chick. Like I said, it was more of a guess and it seemed logical to assume so as well.

That was supreme cheese with Chidori's entry. The story would have been better if Chidori was still presumed to be dead, that way we could explore further on Sousuke's dramatic change and perspective in life, and well, it would be better for a third season as well. At least better than wrapping it all up.

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, that would have been a cool ep 13: Mithril beaten, Sousuke AWOL because he thinks Chidori is dead, five venoms rampant in Hongkong.... fade out. Muhahahahaha.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah that wouldve been something. Or that Souske goes on a rampage in the submarine sinking it and killing everyone on it :P