Inspiration?

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Lucky-7
imanewbie

Inspiration?

Post by Lucky-7 »

Am I the only one to have noticed a defenite resemblance between the homonculus and one piece characters? Allow me to demostrate;

Glutonny = wahpol

Lust = miss1 (I forgot her holiday)

Envy = Mr2 (and both are gender benders to boot)

Greed = Mr1

Do I smell influence? >_>
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Arent a lot of animes influenced by a lot of animes. Its hard to find something original.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
hubrisnxs
imanewbie

Post by hubrisnxs »

That has to be the first time anyone has compared One Piece to Fullmetal Alchemist :lol:

Other than sort of having similar physical characteristics I can't see the resemblances... Baroque Works > 7 sins though.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Lucky has exactly 7 posts...coincidence ? I think not.. :P
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I don't know. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Did you guys know that both Kishimoto-san (the author of Naruto) and Oda-san (The author of One Piece), were both disciples of Watsuki-san (The creator of Kenshin).
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Miss 1 And Lust I see, cause they both have the same sort of attacks, but the rest you are kinda grasping for there.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

hubrisnxs wrote:Baroque Works > 7 sins though.
:shock: You are crazy, sir.
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I don't know. The homunculi are pretty damn cool, but regardless, Crocodile and Miss All-Sunday alone are enough to take the lot of them.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Starnum wrote:Well, I don't know. The homunculi are pretty damn cool, but regardless, Crocodile and Miss All-Sunday alone are enough to take the lot of them.
I dunno if robin would be all that effective against them. Sure she coudl kill them, but she lacks any sort of necessary finishing move for creatuers of that healing factor. Crocodiles dehydrating effect might work though. He coudl be in trobule if he played around too much though, as if they ended up covered in their own blood...
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Robin could definitely kill them all, at once even. She'd just have to incinerate them with a nuclear blast like she did Ingrim. That should take care of it.
hubrisnxs
imanewbie

Post by hubrisnxs »

The Seven Sins are definitely cool, but nothing can stand up to the Baroque Works. They are the coolest and most original villians ever. Although I'm sure most of thr BW agents could get pwned by the 7 sins... :lol:
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

please don't let that discussion go further.. ;p
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Starnum wrote:Robin could definitely kill them all, at once even. She'd just have to incinerate them with a nuclear blast like she did Ingrim. That should take care of it.
Usually when you have crossover fights betewen people, you don't factor in weapons not normally part of their repiotre. As the explosion of Ingram was a one time deal, and hardly nuclear (as if it was everybody in the area, including luffy and co and robin herself would be very very dead) I don't think Robin carries around bombs or has bomb power. And if a normal human can live through the blast at ground zero (albiet injured), I doubt the 7 sins would have any problem pulling themselves together.

I dont doubt Robin could incapciated the sins, but I don't think she could outright kill them either, which basically makes it hard for her to win.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, well I've only seen up to episode 94. So, I'll have to concede this argument for now.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Starnum wrote:Hm, well I've only seen up to episode 94. So, I'll have to concede this argument for now.
Aw damn, I just gave a spoiler. Well, now that it's out of the bag, I'll tell you. Ingram lives. And Robin does have a power, but it's not what you'd think. It's hella cool though. I just don't think It'll deal with the 7. Crocodile on the other hand, has a power perfect for taking out guys imprevious to normal attacks.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I didn't know Miss All-Sunday was Robin either. Oh well, no big deal. Now I'm just interested in what her story is, and why she's with Crocodile. Must be trying to set him up or something. Anyway, don't tell me, or anything. I've been trying to watch all of the currently fan subbed episodes, but there's a lot. Plus, I've got other responsibilities. Anyway, I'm almost there.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

Carbon shell = no water. (don't pay attention to this Starnum) Hands can't grab water either, alchemy can re-arrange sands make up, the list goes on... Baroqe Works is not really so orginal as a concept, only their name is.
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I didn't read that, so thanks for the warning. I'll try to do the same for people in the future. ;)
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Ishi-dono wrote:Carbon shell = no water. (don't pay attention to this Starnum) Hands can't grab water either, alchemy can re-arrange sands make up, the list goes on... Baroqe Works is not really so orginal as a concept, only their name is.

Still don't read starnum.

No water eh? If that's the case, how come Crocodile can dyhydrate rock? His power works well enough that he could handle Greed. And the rest lack the full Carbon shell, so He'd have an easier time with them. Besdies, did any of the homanculi display any alchemy abilities? Now a Crododile versus Ed/ Post-Greed Al would have that ability as a vaild pont point. now what the 7 could do is bleed all over themselves to let them hit Crocodile, and I'm betting they could handle the poision. but they'd have to figure that out before his power could turn them to dust, making their regeneration powers inert.