Overrated games

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

haha starnum, another person hates raiden!

fatman was such a bitch, although i knew i was doomed from the start on extreme because of my slow fingers (think suffocation by solidus).

overrated game:
Far Cry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

raziel wrote:haha starnum, another person hates raiden!

fatman was such a bitch, although i knew i was doomed from the start on extreme because of my slow fingers (think suffocation by solidus).

overrated game:
Far Cry
Hm, I could probably handle that. When my friends and I play Naruto Ultimate Hero 2, they usually don't even try to compete with my button tapping speed. See, when you do a super, you can power it up by tapping a designated button rapidly for a short time limit. If you're the one being attacked, you can cancel their super, if you're fast enough. I tend to smash them into the ground with one super, and break all of theirs. I've got the fasting tapping speed in the west!

Okay, enough gloating, heh.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

i've been wanting to play that game so badly. i saw that puppet guy (forgot the name) using his puppet and it looked really cool. i thought that's only in japan, unless you have a modded gamecube or something?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, the game I'm talking about is on PS2, and I'm currently borrowing my best friend's Japanese PS2. I've had it ever since I got Berserk, and he let me borrow the Naruto game too. It's like one of, if not the best fighting game ever! The supers are like playing live anime cutscenes, it rocks!

By the way, the puppet guy is named Kankuro. Just trying to help. ;)
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

The Naruto game on Gamecube is 3d and only has a few characters. There are two on ps2 and they are both 2d. I have played all three(my friend has a modded ps2) and I think Naruto Ultimate Hero 2 is the best one. The game is a blast to play but it sucks cause my friend is faster than I am so his specials always do a ton more damage to me than mine do to him. My friend is a bitch with Orochimaru, I think he is over-powered. My favorite character to play as is Rock Lee.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Pyro
imanewbie

Post by Pyro »

raziel wrote:haha starnum, another person hates raiden!
I never liked raiden, but that's probobly because he wasn't snake...metal gear solid...without snake?!? Huh?!? Just isn't ment to be.

As for Naruto games, i've seen the Gamecube one at Otakon once. Didn't know there was PS2 ones rolling around out there.
1|= y0|_| (4|\| R34|) 7|-|15, 7|-|3|\| y0|_| @r3 0|\|3 1337 G33k!
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

yeah didnt no there were ps2 ones, ah i envy you starnum. how did your friend get a japanese ps2. i dont no much about this kind of stuff if your wondering the ignorance of that question.

that button tapping thing your talkin bout reminds of that boost feature for gfs in FFVIII.

well, i didn't like raiden's personality also. he seemed very unprofessional in his job.

back on course: Syphon Filter
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:You think Raiden is gay! You suck! Anyway, the boss fights on extreme are insane. Fat Man plants like four to eight bombs at once, and constantly skates closely around you, pumping you full of lead the entire time.
I was hoing to play an extra 5 more hours with Snake, though i guess raiden fit in the game. I just missed out on that badassness of Snake. I would have played the second part of MGS2, but i had to return the game back to my friend.

The Naruto games on GC are too plain of a fighter, its simple, but it doesnt have that fighter depth that i wanted. Its still a fun game to play. I have yet to try the naruto on PS2.

As for Syphon Filter, the first game on PSone was good for its time, the new ones just dont really cut it.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I think even Hideo Kojima ment for raiden to be kinda gay. I mean come on in MGS3 That colonel guy you steal the clothes from for all intents and purposes is either Raiden in a past life or Raidens (notes that his speedo had a lighting bolt on it and isnt raiden supposed to be the god of lightgning). Any who in that game you can clearly see that that colonel is a homosexual. One reason is when Colonel Vulgan finds out your not him he finds out through grabing your balls and saying " Hey your not him" or something of the sort...

All in all im saying that raiden is one of those gay people who dont know there gay. :D
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:I think even Hideo Kojima ment for raiden to be kinda gay. I mean come on in MGS3 That colonel guy you steal the clothes from for all intents and purposes is either Raiden in a past life or Raidens (notes that his speedo had a lighting bolt on it and isnt raiden supposed to be the god of lightgning). Any who in that game you can clearly see that that colonel is a homosexual. One reason is when Colonel Vulgan finds out your not him he finds out through grabing your balls and saying " Hey your not him" or something of the sort...

All in all im saying that raiden is one of those gay people who dont know there gay. :D
Actually i think the game they say that the code name Raiden is like some sort of japanes plane, if im not mistaken.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea i know that but isnt in some religion Raiden is the god of Lightning? Iono maybe im thinking about Mortal Kombat. But still i dont care when some people think of the name raiden they think of Lightning so that Lightning bolt on the underwear was either to represent that hes basiclly raiden in a nother time......or hes a charger fan.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

All Fifa games are crap
Splinter Cell
Halo 1(havent played 2 yet)
Mario games the new ones
All GTA games except GTA3
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I think Splinter Cell isnt overrated. It was revolutionary with its shadow/lighting detection system.

I thought GTA3 was overrated while Vice City was very good. I didnt try San Andreas.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gaiseric: Yeah, Naruto Ultimate Hero 2 is super badass! My favorite character to play with is Jiraiya.

Mr. Hippie: You know, Kojima made Raiden the main character due to a large fan poll requesting a different main character. Yeah, I don’t get it either. Everyone complained when MGS2 came out. I liked Raiden though. I mean, he isn’t as cool as Snake, but he’s still cool.

Raziel: How did my friend get a JPS2? Um, he bought it. :P Yeah, he just imported it, that’s all.

Buzkashi: Um, Raiden isn’t gay dude. I mean, he got Rose pregnant for goodness sake. Also, it’s pretty obvious that Raikov from MGS3 is gay. There’s no need to explain it to us. However, Raikov isn’t Raiden in another time or whatever shit you’re taking out of your ass. Their similarities are just a little joke from Kojima, to those of us who have played MGS2. I don’t think it’s any kind of hidden meaning that Raiden is also gay. You sure can come up with some obscure bullshit. As for Raiden being the god of lightning, that’s just lame ass Mortal Kombat dude. Oh, and Volgin is bi, he slept with Eva too…damn slut.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum: Its another prove that the japanese are crazy when they choose another characther then Snake....

Raziel: SC was good but not half as good as people made it.... I dont cary about the shadows when thier is zero story and gameplay and good film clips to show whats is going on.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Starnum wrote:Gaiseric: Yeah, Naruto Ultimate Hero 2 is super badass! My favorite character to play with is Jiraiya.
Oh my god! You can play as Jiraiya!? My friend didn't have him unlocked, I gotta go.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Most overrated game EVVAR?

Doom 3 I guess. Even Far Cry beats it hands down, and Far Cry is just an oversized tech demo.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I thought Far Cry was good for tech demo....
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Yes, it was.

When you think about it Doom3 is also just a tech demo, but after the first half-hour of play it really sucks, while Far Cry continues to deliver quite fun gameplay.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oh i forgot .....

Half-life 2 is the most overratet game ever, ok its a great game but everybody talked about it like it was the best gamer ever. but when i played it i was like" is this it, you gotta be kidding me....."
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Libaax wrote:Raziel: SC was good but not half as good as people made it.... I dont cary about the shadows when thier is zero story and gameplay and good film clips to show whats is going on.
Well, I thought the story was excellent for both, gameplay was great, but the cutscenes did veer away from the continuity of the game.

Far Cry was better than doom 3. But overall, both generally sucked, its a matter of degree IMO.

HL2 wouldve been i think more enjoyable if there was less hype. I guess it wasnt able to deliver due to the monstrous amount of publicity. But seriously is it possible to have a "good story" and a "firstperson shooter" in the same sentence, i wonder?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeay less hype would have been great for Half life 2.

Same for SC people went about MGS killer and i was "what this shitty game"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

World of Warcraft is pretty overrated

definitely Diablo 2, that game wasn't even enjoyable
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I agree that Diablo 2 was over-rated. I didn't like it as much as everyone said I would.

I haven't played World of Warcraft yet, on shitty 56k, but I will try it out someday.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the creator of Half-Life 2's goal, was to beat Metal Gear. However, I think he failed.