Books that should be converted to anime

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Books that should be converted to anime

Post by Eldo »

With books like Count of Monte Cristo and Return of the Condor Heroes converted to anime....which book do you think should be in anime?

I think Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a perfect candidate :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I don't know about all that, but I'd love to see an unedited Blade of the Immortal anime.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Did you see that they are making a movie out of Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I read a long time that they would make a movie about that great book, i hope the movie never comes out,since there is no way it can be as good as the book.

But i would like to see anime on it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

"How to fucking draw!!! the anime" yeah i buy that.
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

I agree, Hitch-hiker's Guide and BOTI would both make good animes.

What I'd like to see, are animes based on William Gibson's science fiction/cyber punk books. Snow Crash (can't remember the author) would probably also make a good anime.
Maybe a collection of H.P.Lovecraft's stories.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Why must it be anime, why not just a normal cartoon or a motion picture? I like anime just as much as I like american cartoons.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Buzkashi wrote:Why must it be anime, why not just a normal cartoon or a motion picture? I like anime just as much as I like american cartoons.
I guess it has something to do with this being the anime forum.
You know, if the topic was:

Books that should be converted to normal cartoon or motion picture.
or
Books that should be converted into a broadway musical...

Somehow that wouldn't quite fit in here.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Good point. Besides, I personally think anime is superior to American cartoons.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Blade runner...some of Isaac Asimov's books like Black sun...

There are alot of anime that is influenced by sci-fi novels. Cobra: Space Adventure is one example. But I think Blade Runner would fit perfectly in the anime/manga world.
Last edited by Eldo on Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Asimov…that’s one hell of a cool last name! Didn't he write I, Robot?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm not too sure if I Robot was based on one of his books, or was inspired by it. The Three Laws were made by Asimov. I recall I Robot as being one of his short stories, but I cannot be certain. I read most of his books, as well as Phillip Dick's Blade Runner. It fascinated me that he could write scientific novels with such depth and detail, but well, after all, he was a biochemist. I wanted to become a scientist because of his books, and those are the subjects I choose for Uni. He wrote both Science and Science fiction books.

Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

I Robot was a collection of short stories that deal with the three laws and the ghost in the machine. The movie is loosely based on them, I think.

The are some books by Stanislaw Lem that could make good animes, like The Invincible.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I just watched Ghost in the Shell 2, and it was pretty damn awesome. I just love deep ass shit like that. Anyway, it had been a long time since I had seen the first movie, and watching this earlier also reminded me of Asimov. Do you think his work also had influence with this anime? I mean, surely it had to, right?
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

I think you're right. Asimov's robot stories often referred to the ghost in the machine. Several algorithms in a cybernetic brain that combine to create new structures reminicent of a conscious mind/soul. In GitS the same thing happens with a virus that spreads over the net.

I'm still looking for good subs of GitS2:Innocence. Which group's version did you watch?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nah, my friend bought it and brought it over. It was subbed.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

Trog: The best version out there is by KAA, here's a link to one of their dl mirrors: http://epic59.freeservers.com/torrentpage/ . You should see Innocence in the movies section, but here's the torrent link anyways: http://epic59.freeservers.com/torrentpa ... kv.torrent .
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Ishi-dono: Thanks a lot. I just finished downloading it.
Koliare
imanewbie

Post by Koliare »

I think almost all of Asimovs books and yes he did write I, Robot. I would also like to see the bible done by ghibli (or however they are spelled) some of the stories like disney has done.
Smallest avatar around.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I like asimovs books and they would make great scfi anime speciely the Fundation.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran