Dead Leaves

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I'm watching it now and I've got to say there are a lot of similarities between this and Furi kuri. Because I don't know what the hell is going on. This does use a different art style but I can see some of the same.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh then its cool cause i download ffdshow a long time ago.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I think you still need VobSub to get the subs to display properly, but I'm not sure...
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I haven't need that before. I will see if i need that or something else when i download this anime.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I used BSplayer to watch my Escaflowne ogm's a while back. Works fine for me. Yeah, you'll probably need some freaking codecs as well.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

You need VobSub if it has multiple options for language subs/audio tracks... some OGMs don't... and Eldo is using in my personal opinion the best player... (BSplayer).

P.S. Anyone ever think its funny to watch it with english audio and english subs? You should SEE some of things they mistranslate...
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I installed a nice codec pack a few weeks ago. OGM already worked before but I wanted the modified windows media player classic. :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

martyr3810 wrote: P.S. Anyone ever think its funny to watch it with english audio and english subs? You should SEE some of things they mistranslate...
yeah the direct translations like the true corny names for spells and such.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

So, who watched it and what did you think?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I watched it. It wasn't that good. I mean yeah, it was hardly a waste of time, but the story was uninteresting, the characters were meh, and the animation style reminded me more of four-color american "ka-pow! bam!"-type comics more than anything else. It killed my time in a relatively enjoyable way, no more, a bit less.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Wow, that's pretty harsh. Sure, it's not Berserk in terms of storyline, but not everything has to be. Television would be boring if every show was too story intensive. I think the story is pretty functional and somewhat original too. It's a film that you can just sit down and enjoy. Those are your opinions however, and I respect them. This really bothers me though:
LordMune wrote:the animation style reminded me more of four-color american "ka-pow! bam!"-type comics more than anything else.
The art direction was the most awesome thing of the film! Look at the character designs, the solid shades of black, the bright colors, everything is awesome. It's not fluid as far as animation goes, but that makes it even more stylized.

No love for originality these days...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I dunno... I just found the character design to be incredicly dull. The design of the villains was pretty horrible, IMO. The rest didn't leave a lasting impression at all.

I'm just not a big fan of big blocks of solid bright color. I loathe it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, Femto, since you study animation, the common folk like us only look at the surface, while you look and explore the whole core of the animation.

Haven't downloaded it, since my laptop is shit. 200megs free space, which is bullshit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
The_Oringial
imanewbie

Post by The_Oringial »

It kind of reminded me of "Natural Born Killers".
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I finally got a chance to watch this last night. It was freaky, but mildly entertaining. I guess you're wanting more in depth opinions. Well, I thought the animation was nice, but I felt the actual art style could have used more detail, for my taste. It's definitely original looking, although it kind of reminded me of FLCL and Heavy Metal at once, or something. I was happy to find that it actually had a plot, at least of some kind. The fighting was pretty cool. Heh, there were some kind of funny parts too, that was nice. Although, am I the only one who was kind of attracted to the main chick? :oops: