how much physical activity do you all get?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Man I remember the last month when I started lifting weights again... The first day I worked out was awesome, but when I woke up the next day I had to have my fiance help me out of bed because I couldn't walk I hurt so bad.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

did you do your stretches :D. strectching helps to relieve the pain you are gonna feel over the following days as well as increase muscle growth and et cetera...and its never to late to start running again arresty...
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Stretching doesn't help with that kind of pain.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Glutamine helps rebuild the muscles faster after you weight lift. You can find glutamine in most protein shakes these days. Any ways, when i lift i usually start out with a warm up with low weight. Tnen i grab like a 5 in each hand and start rotating my arms and what not to get them in good shape. Thats for the upper body though. For the lowe body i just go on a jog to loosen up then i do the same low weight warm up. Anyways i dont really get sore from wieight lifting to often (sept when i work out my back@_@) so i guess it works. What kills me is when i cardio hard, that gets me sore as fuck
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Just stop lifting for 2 or 3 months and get back into it... you'll feel my PAIN.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We dont lift during football season.... :) and thats for about 10 weeks so ......you know.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I go to gym every day except the weekends. I run for 40 min per day and lift some weights.

Now that is summer i do much more,play soccer,beacvolley,basketball every chance i get.

When the summer ends i'm thinking about starting boxning or thai boxning to work my body in a good shape.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Yeah Buzkashi... but you're still doing physical activity that puts your muscles to good use. I did nothing very strenuous except jump around while on stage. My friend and I couldn't walk right for 2 days after we got finished lifting. Felt like our muscles were being ripped from the bone. The mistake we made is that we didn't take it easy. We did too many reps with too much weight on the first day. We also worked out lower and upper body on the same day... which is pretty stupid when starting back. It's pretty stupid anyway to workout the same muscle group you did the day before since by doing that you don't allow your muscles time to heal. We just didn't want to look like pussies in front of everyone...but in the end we paid for our inability to take a bit of humility when starting back.
Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Haha damn i never work my whole body in one day. I just switch from lower to upper.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh well thats what you are supposed to do...unless you are advanced or w/e and know what you are doing :P any one here ever read arnold schwarzenegger's encylcopedia on weight lifting? and how much did you stretch? just curious...hopefully you didnt strain yourself too:x
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Well stretching doesn't help much on your first day back and if you did what me and my boy did. But I strecth all the time to make sure I don't pull nothin. Especially my groin...mmmm it hurts. RAW DAWG!!!
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

all you and your weights, just beat your meat and you get the same thing. Switch hands if you don't feel like you're "cheating" and you get double the grip.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

im just picturing someone making a beat off work out tape that shows you how to target all of your muscles...i dont know if stretching is like working out, but the first time you get back into stretching, you have a lot extra leeway than once you get back into the habit (as in you can go farther once you start feeling pain).
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Mmmmm, sports people...all this thread made me feel terribly ashamed of myself.
Anyway I do some excercises every once in a while if I get the urge to do sth useful.
I decided on the weekend that I'm gonna swim helluva lot, but I screwed up my knee, so I'm not going anywhere today.
I should do sth regularly...
I used to do fencing (it sucked)
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Man I remember the last month when I started lifting weights again... The first day I worked out was awesome, but when I woke up the next day I had to have my fiance help me out of bed because I couldn't walk I hurt so bad.
Yeah, I started weight lifting 1 month ago or something. Man after the first day, I couldn't train for the next 6 days. Stretching my muscles was allmost impossible. Now I'm getting used to it and I don't feel the pain anymore.

Also, there is a trick to avoid this pain. The first day, just train normal like you first did. But at the end of the training, take something very light, and exercise as much and as fast as you can. This way, your hart pumps a lot of blood through your muscle, and it disolves the "milkacid" (srry, don't know the proper word in english). Believe me, it does make a difference.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Sounds scientific enough, I'll try it sometime I feel like overdoing.

edit: if I want physical excercise: I'm flexing spam muscles :P
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

haha and i think its lactic acid right? i dont remember all to much about stretching and weight lifting with your first day and all that shit...but i remember when i used to practice wushu that we woudl stretch like crazy at the end since our muscles and tendons were so loose from the heat and practicing. i even did full spilts once...but boy did that shit hurt :shock:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Nothing, none, nada, I am a couch potato.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Lets see, ultimate frisbee with office mates every thursday for an hour or two. Running... to or from bathroom or fridge. Will be running from home to work once I move again. I type a lot. :D
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

i get a pretty decent amount, but not as much as i used to. i think the word your looking for is lactic acid dante. :)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

psi29a wrote:Lets see, ultimate frisbee with office mates every thursday for an hour or two.
ultimate frisbee...hmmm...

do you work for Cognex?
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

psi29a wrote:I type a lot. :D

haha crosstraining from masturbation ;)...well not since you have a wife :P. i thinki overexerted my calves or something...they are really tight and stuff :?...
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

boxing is a nice way to get in shape, along with jump roping. I think the best is good ol running though.....
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Libaax wrote:When the summer ends i'm thinking about starting boxning or thai boxning to work my body in a good shape.
Somebody has already pictured the scene... :kekeke:

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha :P

"And the winner is eh..... the freak"

:kekeke: