Chapters 256/257/258

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Quick question! Because I REALLY want to draw some of the pictures in the mangas (specially the two page ones), how does one get the kid of shading that is done down? For example, one the last picture of Chapter 258 of Griffith standing there, if you look at his pants below the armor...ok, the way that's shaded. Is it down by hand? Or? Any help would be appreciated because I really want to draw that picture. Especially after staring at that picture while listening to "Earth."
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Sortep wrote:berserk to a fan is like crack to a fiend... any amount is good any time is good.. though we prefer right now and infinite
Good one.

And Drizzit, maybe you should ask that in the Fanart thread. There are the ones who know how to draw.
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=511
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Just did! thanks Necro ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

In ch258, we don't see any major movement in the Hawks' camp. I was wondering how you guys interpret this, especially those of you who think that Griffith's army will intercept Kushan army.

Couple of alternatives
- Griffith won't interfere soon
- He personally won't, but he already send apostles with some troops
- This chapter was a flashback, he'll be there with all his might
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Berserk seems to me to be consistant with time. If it was a flashback, i think it would have been a little more obvious...but meh, it would make it more interesting.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I wasn't thinking of a major flashback either. I thought maybe in the next chapter Miura might show Griffith leading the Hawks to face Kushans (if he's ever planning such a thing)
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

I actually think somehow Griffith is going to get the power of the Kushans on his side. That way when Guts finally kicks his ass it will be all the more enjoyable :-D
:wink:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

There isn't a chance that chap 258 was a flashback,you can see the difference between a flashback and the normal time line.

Most importantly the panels change looks when they show a flashback in every manga i have seen a flashback back in.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

I know I'm horribly late, but I just wanted to say thanks for the Chapters, once again, guys. I love yoooooooooooooou!! *smothers the boys w/lovin'*
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
saber_raimu
imanewbie
Location: Past the bolted doors, where impossible thigns may happen that the world- wait wrong series (^_^);

Post by saber_raimu »

yeyy thanks guys, keep up the gewd work :thumbsup:
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics;

Even if you win, you're still retarted.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

according to sophia's vision the city would be a massacre ground... so i dont see griffith popping in any time soon to do his twinkle toes fairy boy hero schpiel... however i could see guts just by virtue of circumstance changing the outcome so it isn't coherrent with sophia's vision... maybe even the possibility of him being recognized by a few of midland's nobles, most notably owen.... but what do i know....

patiently tapping vein and praying for it to be the time when the announcement for more chapters occurs :stupid:
Bow to Golbez
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

dont start that again...not so soon at least. but ya i forgot that she predicted that. good catch
Ward
imanewbie

Post by Ward »

Thoughts of a newb: The way I see it, Griffith will not interfere as this is a chance for him to become the shining beacon of hope in the eyes of all of Midland.

If the Kushan army destroys all the nobles as well as ALL of the armies of the surrounding nations that oppose the Kushan that are now sitting in the city, then this would leave only the Hawks capable of saving the world.

Being cold and calculating, this seems the most logical step for Griffith to advance towards his dream.
If you kill one man your a murderer, if you kill a thousand men your a conquerer, and if you kill them all your a GOD!
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

damn ward.... very well put... i didn't consider that particular angle... but i have to agree with you based on what we know about griffith
Bow to Golbez
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I consider him to be more of a narcist. He'll wait until the battle is ALMOST lost for the midland army, and then appear and blow away the Kushans. Much more satisfying than just letting everybody die. All the important people will be queuing to crawl up his ass, as long as they have tasted enough of the terror before.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

...or he could destroy the noblemen himself...no one will know right , he can blame it on the kushans :) .
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Naw, the way he's setting things up he wants them to submit to him of their own accord. If he wanted to he could probably assault the Kushan army right now, or midland, or anyone, but he's not doing it. He wants the people, and the nobles, to make him their king. Just grabbing the kingdom won't satisfy him.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

If he saves the nobles then he will get the nobles support. If he let them die and then destroys the kushan army then he will get the peoples support. So it's a win no matter what happens situation for him :O.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Ward
imanewbie

Post by Ward »

What does Griffith care of the nobles, he is the common man's hero, and with all the nobles dead who stands in his way from rising higher in the eyes of the people of Midland, if not the known world.

I think that Sonja's vision predicts the path Griffith will take, which is to let the city burn....Though Guts' actions may alter some of this vision.

Judging by the conversation that Farneses' brother and fiancee were having about the lands across the sea, if Guts intervenes and helps the nobles (more or less kill apostles and save Farnese) this could easily led to him going on a voyage with her brother and fiancee to Elfhelm in search of this new land.

Let us not forget about Azan, his time to rejoin the group is fast approaching, though exactly what part he will play only Miura knows for sure.
If you kill one man your a murderer, if you kill a thousand men your a conquerer, and if you kill them all your a GOD!
jadet18
imanewbie

Post by jadet18 »

The BT for 257 and 258 don't appear to be working at the moment. Is there another place I could download them from? Thanks.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Bumping month-old threads should be a bannable offense.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

* concurs *

Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sure it's in the rules, no necroing.

As for your question, try to look harder, such as, say, IRC or DIRECT DOWNLOADS IN THE INTERSTICE.

It's basically everywhere if you look hard enough, really.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well im posting this here instead of making another thread. haha i just read the above two posts :roll:

I think this right here refers a lot to guts and griffith as well as their relationship. A kite is a bird of prey that spends most of its time soaring due to its weak legs and also occasionally feeds on carrion (sacrifices :twisted:). makes me sad and reminisce of the good old days when griffith and guts were good old buddies :(

EDIT: if you cant figure out what the small pics say, he is talking about how when you hunt alone you become accustome to being alone and eventually you become "the beast"
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:Bumping month-old threads should be a bannable offense.
Quoted for truth.

I thought that the owl and the kite was referring to Schierke and herself respectively, not necessarily the message you're stating.

If that answers what you're saying, I might lock this thread later. For now, I'll leave it open for discussion. But try not to necro threads. Come on, you know better than this.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well i'll quote it and start a new thread if you would rather i not necro. my relevance to the chapters pertaining it allows me to necro it if i choose to not make a new thread.

but anyway, the next page it shows griffith, which leads one to assume she was thinking of griffith. anyway what the pages is about isnt as much who exactly she is referencing. what these pages show one is how a person becomes a beast (guts here). and the kite Adan owl represent companionship and having another person who understands you. so in this case it could be the girl with griffith, shierke and guts, or guts and griffith from the days of yore. for they were the only ones who understood each other, and guts was griffiths only one he considered friend.
jadet18 wrote:The BT for 257 and 258 don't appear to be working at the moment. Is there another place I could download them from? Thanks.
quoted for truth. he was a n00b, i posted relevant material.