Chapters 256/257/258

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Question, what's the timespan between each release? (chapter)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

depends on miura as well as our beloved nazgul.
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Just read the last chapter, I'm getting a bit confused. I don't really see where all of it is going, I must say, the story is getting extremely chaotic.

For starters, is it just me or is just about everyone falling in love with Guts/Griffith? Next to that, what does Guts really want now, does he want to save his woman and stay with her or does he want to take revenge? The story seems to constantely switch between the two, as if Guts is somehow going to do both at the same time.

So what's Berserk about really, the only "real" plot element left that we can be sure of are the prophecies. We don't even really know if Griffith is purely evil now (Keeping Guts alive and all).

Anyhow, anyone else bothered by the chaotic nature the plot has taken since volume 13?

I think my biggest gripe is how the story just doesn't feel cohesive anymore.

For example, the knights of the holy chain were slaughtered, a great massacre, that tower in ruins. Yet when you get to the city, the event doesn't even get mentioned. Isn't that like.. slightly odd?

But next to that, the story just doesn't seem to "focus" right now. Sure everyone wants to go to elf land, but that whole travel thing feels more like an afterthought next to all the heavy slaughtering demon killing / love stuff and all of that in between.

PS: This has actually nothing to do specifically with the latest chapters. I was just told to repost it here.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

*sighs* there is somthing called the newb thread... and all your questions have been answered in previous threads... just go looking through the 40 pages or so.

And Nazgul...thats so awsome thanx man XD
<---goes to read the entire series of berserk over again, witht the 3 new chaps
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Well I'm beginning to wonder myself how many times I am to repost my messages. This thread is also no good you say?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

That thread has been unlocked, I apologise for my rashness in locking it, I guess I didn't notice the potential in that thread as others have seen. I thought that all the talk could be directed onto this thread, but a valid point is made; it may eventually get off topic.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Thanks for your understanding.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

No probs. Give me a PM if you think my decision is unjust or harsh, and we will both try to justify our reasons for that thread's future. Of course, I'm a relatively lax guy, just give me a good reason and I'll unlock it. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Paeschke
imanewbie

Post by Paeschke »

Yes they're downloaded be back in like 30 minutes.

Thx EG.
<user your imagination to insert awesome quote and pic here>

Amazingly Wonderful Post on these forums I like to call "How not to get Flamed as a noob" AKA the
FAQ
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I little late, but thanks for the awesome release as always.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

In the latest chapter the Guts-gumi is headed towards the ball where all the nobles gathered who are preparing for war. Now lets say this monster appears and after some casualties Guts appears and slays the monster. The nobles will be highly impressed and if they realize that they are about to be attacked they will try to persuade guts to lead their troops against the enemy. So the vision of the city being destroyed might be altered by guts appearance and he might evolve as the second "protector" of midland. It would be pretty ironic since this would make him Griffiths equal and thus friend...however the actual problem is casca's healing. perhaps for saving the city they will go to elfheim and return to lead the midland army. however this seemed not too senseless to me...what do you think?
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

Thank you for the release. I'll try to help seed for a while.
Jn183
imanewbie

Post by Jn183 »

Nice 3 chapters. Thanks
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

||||||| wrote:In the latest chapter the Guts-gumi is headed towards the ball where all the nobles gathered who are preparing for war. Now lets say this monster appears and after some casualties Guts appears and slays the monster. The nobles will be highly impressed and if they realize that they are about to be attacked they will try to persuade guts to lead their troops against the enemy. So the vision of the city being destroyed might be altered by guts appearance and he might evolve as the second "protector" of midland. It would be pretty ironic since this would make him Griffiths equal and thus friend...however the actual problem is casca's healing. perhaps for saving the city they will go to elfheim and return to lead the midland army. however this seemed not too senseless to me...what do you think?
Gatts might kill the invaders, just because they're apostles, and might kill Casca or his friends. Then, the nobles will most likely want to thank him, saying the cliché "you can ask whatever you want", and he'll say "I want Farneze and a boat"...or something along these lines...:)

That is what I'm seeing...and man...as I said in another post...Serpico simply could not withstand Gatts. Their duel was simply amazing!!!

Cheers,

Khelegond
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

aaaaaaahhhh finally... i will download and seed these for as long as florida's thunderstorms allow my little bsd box to run uninterrupted.... *taps veins* oh yes berserk time :stupid:
Bow to Golbez
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

Thanks for the wonderful release!!! (a little bit late).

Personally, I believe that Gutts will just let the nobles take care of the monster (or the monster take care of the nobles, probably), and will use the confusion to scape with Farneze and the others. His goal this time doesn't seem to be making a carnage, but only to take Farneze back (he said himself "I only want to talk with Farneze").
Besides, he is still really not in shape for a big battle. Of course, he could eventually face one, get Berserk and kill them all, but that would mean, if not death, to lose more time healing.
His main goal right now is to take Caska to Elfheim, as soon as possible, I believe. There he will most likely think about his next step. And it is still to be seen how it all goes there. If I don't recall wrong, someone said Gutts that Caska might not want the same as him. And one of the things I love in Berserk is that, IMO, those kind of phrases are not said in vain.
Else there are invited guests, there is no party
Darkshine
imanewbie

Post by Darkshine »

A thanks alot for the good work =), really good chapters do =D. cant wait for the next
When the light is out, there will still be a Dark little shine out there(or will it?)
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

vermillion wrote:Personally, I believe that Gutts will just let the nobles take care of the monster (or the monster take care of the nobles, probably), and will use the confusion to scape with Farneze and the others. His goal this time doesn't seem to be making a carnage, but only to take Farneze back (he said himself "I only want to talk with Farneze").
Don't think so. Not a good way to ask Farneze to come with him, letting all her family and friends (not that she cares much about them, but...) be slaughtered by a familiar...

Cheers,

Khelegond
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Guts will probably fight that scout or some other big monster and then make off while the guards/troops are distracted by the rest of the kushan army. there is also a possiblity that griffith and his army might show up and save the city, thus being another step forward to him achieving his goal of a kingdom.
Volyund
imanewbie

Post by Volyund »

Guts is not the kind of person who would try save all the nobles just out of kindness. He'll probably just try to get Farneze and get out of there. Also Farneze can't really be called kindhearted either, plus she doesn't really love her family.

Since Sonia was saying something about the town becoming a battlefield, I think Hawks will try to fight Kushan's army, and maybe Guts will see Griffith again.
Wakizashi - Japanese Short Sword worn only by Samurai next to katana.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Thank you eg much obliged.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Thank you for the chapters translating n hosting.
This might turn out to be a thank you thread. :wink:
MeisterBerserk
imanewbie

Post by MeisterBerserk »

thx u evil genius and thx all of u who put effort from releasing berserk

Big thx and keep on the good work
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Great new chappies.

It feels good to sit down and read more than 20 pages at a time, I rather liked the delay.

Sonia rocks...

Though Guts may save the nobles, I have a feeling something will end up happening and the people of Midland might hate him more (maybe go Berserk and kill some innocents?).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nah i dont see Guts killing innocent even his darker days when he didnt care about people did he go berserk and kill people.

But he might fight against on of the new Hawks that might make people hate him since they think the hawks are thier hero's.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran