Slam Dunk

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Slam Dunk

Post by Libaax »

I just started watching this so far great anime.

When i heard about this anime i thought is was normal sport anime with only sport stuff like POT but there are so much nice comedy. Every scene with Sakuragi is a laugh. He reminds me of an great character from sport anime the great Takamura from Ippo.

And if there is someone that have read the manga can you tell me in which volume the manga continues where the anime ends, i have heard that the manga is longer.

Also no spoilers since I'm on ep 39 and there are probably people in this forum who haven't watched this anime yet.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hmm...I didn't like the anime. I much prefer the manga.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Don't listen to eldo man. The people here have all been brainwashed by manga. The anime is always superior, because the pictures they MOVE!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Southpaw wrote:the pictures they MOVE!
Except in Slam Dunk, where there are still shots of people in the air for 10 seconds. :P :wink:

That's one of the points why I didn't like about the anime. But, hey, it was on TV, and there wasn't anything good to watch. I've watched it in my childhood...yeah, I got involved with Basketball because of Slam Dunk.

[opinion]But the anime SUX! [/opinion that nobody gives a flying fuck about] I love the manga! Yay for manga!!!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I will probabely like the manga more since i like manga version more most times but i like the anime too. Its alot better basketball wise than say Buzzer beater who is by the same mangaka,the act like real players in SD compared to BB.

Eldo when i finish the anime,how many vols is there that cover things that have happened in the anime??
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

hmm...I can't remember how the anime ended...If I recall, the anime ended before the finals. They had the finals only on the manga, but not sure since my memory is fading... :? I mean, I watched this when I was 8...

Not too sure about the manga vol's. The finals actually stretch for quite long. Somewhere around 3-5 volumes. *scratches head* :?

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its good to know that atleast in the manga i can see what happens in the nationals. Thanks for the info.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

Libaax wrote:Its good to know that atleast in the manga i can see what happens in the nationals. Thanks for the info.
between vol 25-27 i think :?

nothing special in the anime, the funny thing is that when this anime is aired in my country and the anime is already over the people here (mostly kids and teens) kept complaining why there is no inter-high in the anime.. :D they dont know about manga :sweat:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then tell the poor fools that there is a manga.

I have just started reading the manga from the begining and it looks even better than the anime which is a suprise since the manga is so old.
Fear
imanewbie

Post by Fear »

Is the manga funny like the anime, cause that's what i liked the most about the anime

You don't have allot of manga that can really make you laugh your ass of, and the slam dunk anime did make me laugh my ass of, badly..
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The manga is atleast as funny as the anime cause there isnt a diffrence beteween the manga and the anime qualtiy wise.
MistaCloudStrife
imanewbie

Post by MistaCloudStrife »

Eldo wrote:
Except in Slam Dunk, where there are still shots of people in the air for 10 seconds. :P :wink:

That's one of the points why I didn't like about the anime. But, hey, it was on TV, and there wasn't anything good to watch. I've watched it in my childhood...yeah, I got involved with Basketball because of Slam Dunk.

[opinion]But the anime SUX! [/opinion that nobody gives a flying fuck about] I love the manga! Yay for manga!!!

Dude... in the manga the still pictures of the dunking are like.... infinity. Lol
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yes, but in anime, there's supposed to be movement, you know, animation. I can handle manga having still frames and shit in manga, but I expect the anime to be more fluid. That's because my expectations are pretty high.

I've watched all of them when I was young, and barely remember the episodes. I do recall that I didn't enjoy them as much as I did with the manga.

MistaCloudStrife
imanewbie

Post by MistaCloudStrife »

I've only seen the anime myself.... And yeah. Well all those older animes usually have those still frames where only a few things are moving but the main pic isn't....

It takes me back to the days of "Guyver: Bio Booster Armour"... Crappy animation when you lok back at it, but I still enjoyed it back then. I prolly would enjoy it still even now.
No signature as of yet. But look forward to it. o.O LOL!
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

I have the guyver anime on my computer... and I really enjoyed the Slam Dunk manga, haven't tried the anime tho.
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The anime is pretty good maybe not as good.

Sakuragi has funny voice in the anime, i thought that is a reason to see it if you havent seen it.