The ending to Blame? (SPOILERS)

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, yes, I believe that Cibo somehow got the gene, but she put it in the egg to develop, which is why people think it was the child on the last page. Maybe that is wrong as well, though.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Trog wrote: OK, I'm sorry if my post sounded hostile in any way.

I agree with you in all the points you make, except, that the boy dying in the first chapter does not contradict the story loop theory. In fact it's necessary for the the theory to work.
I'm not going to defend this theory since (,like I've already stated in my previous posts, ) I don't believe in the story loop. I've also given reasons for why I don't think the boy from the beginning is the kid from the last page.

As for the common opinion that the NTG carrier is female; like I said before I think this refers to Cibo's new form with the NTG egg after her accession of the NetSphere. Not to the little disguised critter that's only shown on the last page of the manga.
O I didnt mean to be hostile (damn this online lack of ability to show emotion :) ) How does it not contradict the loop theory? I mean if the boy dies this would mean that he was infected wit the disease which would force Killy to begin his journey. I mean as the NTG carrier, she is moreless pretty damn invincible. O i was talking about the little girl with the gas mask on. Cibo's new form, I suppose it can be, but I really don't see evidence for that. I mean even for the gas mask girl, I don't see any either, but her role in the blam universe is pretty much unknown and it doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the events that have happened. Here's a question to rephrase what im basically saying: Who the hell is she?
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

I think the story loop theory goes:
Killy does Blame! -> Killy finds NTG carrier (last chapter) -> Killy loses NTG carrier to silicon life in first chapter -> Killy retrieves NTG carrier but it has desease and its NTG's are corrupted -> Killy has to find a new NGT Carrier -> Killy does Blame! again.

Of course that theory is bullshit. There are too many events in Blame! that just can't be repeated (like Killy meeting Cibo for instance).
And now that Blame!NSE is out those who say there is a loop have lost all credibility.

So you were talking about the girl with the gas mask on. You're probably right on that point then (and the NTG carrier being a girl would also contradict the story loop). I really can't tell by looking at the picture, so I'm indifferent on that point.

Trog
Jade
Teh Mistress

Post by Jade »

who said that it goes last chapter to first chapter for there to be a loop.
and killy has "met" Cibo in like 5 times, then big one, the time loop one, the normal sized one, the two clone ones. and most of the loops are when "new" character just come out of no where with killy
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Jade wrote:who said that it goes last chapter to first chapter for there to be a loop.
No one said so in this thread. We were talking about opinions voiced in discussions elsewhere (other forums). Of course there is a loop. That wierd time paradox in the Toha Industries arc is full of loops.
Jade wrote:and killy has "met" Cibo in like 5 times, then big one, the time loop one, the normal sized one, the two clone ones.
Yes but I was refering to the uniqueness of these events (like Killy finding Cibos rotting yet conscious corpse in the severs) as an argument against the whole Blame! story (vol.1-10) being one single loop.
Jade wrote: and most of the loops are when "new" character just come out of no where with killy
This, I think, only happens during the Toha Industries arc with all its time loop wierdness. If you were refering to something else, please elaborate.
Xenobane
imanewbie

Post by Xenobane »

Trog wrote:I think the story loop theory goes:
Killy does Blame! -> Killy finds NTG carrier (last chapter) -> Killy loses NTG carrier to silicon life in first chapter -> Killy retrieves NTG carrier but it has desease and its NTG's are corrupted -> Killy has to find a new NGT Carrier -> Killy does Blame! again.

Of course that theory is bullshit. There are too many events in Blame! that just can't be repeated (like Killy meeting Cibo for instance).
And now that Blame!NSE is out those who say there is a loop have lost all credibility.

So you were talking about the girl with the gas mask on. You're probably right on that point then (and the NTG carrier being a girl would also contradict the story loop). I really can't tell by looking at the picture, so I'm indifferent on that point.

Trog
Yeah, that loop theory is some hardcore bullshit with the anime siding it.

Heck, NSE already say that Killy only reach NetSphere twice. Yes, twice is not a loop.