Genshiken

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Genshiken

Post by mrJotaan »

When I first saw the summaries for this show, I wasn't impressed and decided to skip it. After reading constant endorsements from some of the dp guys, almost as if they were getting paid to advertise, I checked it out and let me tell you, it's great. It's sad how much I can relate, not the characters in the show but looking at some people I know who are just so deep into the anime/manga culture, it encompasses their entire life. I mean I'm an otaku but damn, that's some pretty hardcore shit that goes on. Definitely check it out.
j.c.mellonhead
imanewbie

Post by j.c.mellonhead »

Well, I finally get back after three weeks of work, and decide to get some of the anime releases I've missed, including Genkishen, which I've heard everyone rave about. Strangely enough, I find that all Genkishen torrents are down... and all fansub groups have dropped it. THEN I find out that Mediafactory asked fansub groups to do this? The fact that I'll have a much harder time getting ahold of Genkishen is certainly annoying, but the fact that a japanese production company didn't want their show fansubbed is really getting me pissed, to say the least. I don't have very many avenues for seeing anime before buying it other than by watching fansubs, and I certainly won't be going out and spending $30 on a DVD without knowing whether or not I'm going to even like it, especially since I might not get my $30 back out of it if I didn't like it.
Like everyone else, I really hope that this won't be the start of a trend, but if it is, I might just have to exercise my rights and host the torrents myself. :evil:
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I found the same problem but go to http://www.tokyotosho.com and do a search for the torrents, the tracker is up for those. A-Faith is still doing it.
j.c.mellonhead
imanewbie

Post by j.c.mellonhead »

Just checked Tokyotosho and their search doesn't seem to be working. No matter what I type, it retuns nothing. I went through their list of anime torrents and didn't find Genkishen anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Not to some as dense as a bottle of sand but is this another "smart people anime that lacks violence and fills it in with words"? Because i need that senseless death.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Yes, this isn't an anime with senseless violence in it. The search at TokyoTosho does work, the problem is you can't hit the enter button because it won't return anything. You need to actually click the submit button after typing something in.