chinese scans or japanese scans translate

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

caktus
notanewb

chinese scans or japanese scans translate

Post by caktus »

I am thinking of doing a chinese scan site so which is easier to find translators for chinese or japanese.I have a lot of chinese raws.
Any comments ?
acibon
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Depends the demand for those scans, and also if scanlations have been done by other groups on the net. If it has no demand, or is already covered by someone else it's all wasted effort.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Re: chinese scans or japanese scans translate

Post by Necromancer »

caktus wrote:I am thinking of doing a chinese scan site so which is easier to find translators for chinese or japanese.I have a lot of chinese raws.
Any comments ?
It's like asking if there are more people speaking chinese out there or japanese. There's no true answer to it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

Necromancer wrote:
caktus wrote:I am thinking of doing a chinese scan site so which is easier to find translators for chinese or japanese.I have a lot of chinese raws.
Any comments ?
It's like asking if there are more people speaking chinese out there or japanese. There's no true answer to it.
ummm.... i'm pretty sure China has about a BILLION people in it so i'm gonna have to say that there definitely is an answer to that question
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Any comments ?
Well, depends on what mangas you have. And also if you have an actual team that does editing, co ordinating, QC, etc. You may actually need a translator or a proofer who knows his English well enough to ensure quality of the script.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am