Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Pyro
imanewbie

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Post by Pyro »

Don't know if anyone's had the chance to get this game yet, but it's a really great game. Just got it and havn't been able to put the controler down. If anyone is a fan of the metal gear games then this is definitly one to check out. Great setting and interface, gives you a lot more than the others did option wise.
1|= y0|_| (4|\| R34|) 7|-|15, 7|-|3|\| y0|_| @r3 0|\|3 1337 G33k!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

...Metal Gear is my favorite franchise. Yea I played it. For almost 2 days strait. strait up beat it in 3 days. Great game , just great. The ending will enlighten you. Thats all im gona say.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

hippie what part r u up to? i just beat "the end". Yeah i have to agree good game. It can be pretty damn hard especially since the previous games spoiled us with the radar, and damn it was hard for me to do that cqc initially. I would always hit 0 but not hard enough (which i didnt realize for a while) to grab the person but would end up punching the guy. It is a great game. I was initially disappointed when kojima said he would be making a prequel instead of a sequel ( i really wanted to see that mess in mgs2 cleared up), but now Im certainly impressed.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh wait till the ending, Your going to yearn for more.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Pyro
imanewbie

Post by Pyro »

I just got started, the point where you return to the abandoned facility. So i got a ways to go. The camoflage is tricky but i like how they did it. So far it's great.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

buzkashi, you've got me intrigued.

hippie, do you consider the game harder than the other ones (besides the lack of radar). I feel they're a bit tougher to be stealthy around. I think its probably cuz they added the noise factor which makes you "stalk" the enemy.
Pyro
imanewbie

Post by Pyro »

raziel: it seems a bit harder than the others. But it's not to hard to the extent that it makes the game less fun. All in all, i think it was really well made.
Last edited by Pyro on Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boomjch
imanewbie

Post by boomjch »

My first play through i beat it in 14 hours my 2nd play through about 8 hours but its the best one yet if you ask me.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

umm for me the best one was solid the first one for ps1. Never really got around to playin the snes versions. Guess i should. They should make them for GBA or something sense I no longer have a snes.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I've also beat this game. I bought it the day it came out, actually the day before. :P

Yeah, I think it's the best in the series too, but the others are bad ass too of course.
Pyro
imanewbie

Post by Pyro »

I'd have to still say that my favorite was the ps1. The snes version owned me *hangs head in shame* don't think i ever got past the first lvl. :P
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Perhaps you mean the NES version? I'm not aware of a SNES Metal Gear, but I could be wrong. MMM... 8-bit MG goodness. Spent many nights punching dogs, then stabbing dogs... *bark!* *stab* damn.. alert...
Pyro
imanewbie

Post by Pyro »

SNES....NES....one of the two. I played mine on an emulator. ;)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You know, I heard that in Metal Gear 2, the old one for NES or whatever, not like I've ever played it, I heard the only way to beat Big Boss was with a can of hairspray and a lighter that are hidden in the stage. Does anyone else know about this?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its out in mars here and i have been waiting since i beat MGS2 so im itching for this game, just one more month.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

OH i was in the yearning for MGS3 too, ......for about a day then i got it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I yearned for it until it the day before it was officially released, and then I got it.

Mars eh? Man, that's going to be quite a trip to pick up a copy.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe :P What you do for a MGS game.....
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Aye if any one needs a copy of it ill send em one.. But first theyll havet to send me there name, adress, picture, school schedule, and a list of all there greatest fears.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Did you guys know you could kill The End before the boss fight with him? Yeah, I know tons of secrets about this game. When you see him on the dock, at the warehouse. Right after the cut scene, if you break out your Druganov Rifle, you can snipe his ass before he wheels back inside. It's not worth it though, because you don't want to miss out on such an awesome boss battle. Also, during the fight, you can save your game and then go set the time on your Playstation to two months in the future. Then load your game, and you'll get a call telling you that he has died of old age! That's funny shit!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

AHhahahha i new bout the first one but the old age one was fuckin funny.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

from what i heard it was two weeks.

o and i tried that thing with the sniping the end a while back and thats some funny shit.

after shooting his ass, he utters this constipated groan and he basically explodes, which sends a wheel off his chair straight into your face.

here is another secret, when fighting the end in the forest, you can hunt for his parrot and do either of two things:
1) kill it and eat it which prevents him from regenerating its health
2) capture it alive and then free it, it'll then give the end's location by calling out to him
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, maybe it was two weeks, I can't remember for sure.

Yeah, I like the part where when you kill his parrot, The End swears to avenge it's death *chuckles*.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ahaha ....noice
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

I love Mgs franchise !!
Altough I hope that from now and the future sequel of any action game, they sill take the example on Resident Evil4 (new gameplay, better graphics, very good sound) !! It's really the new standard now ! :wink:
i'm Here !!