Reborn Griffith / Casca´s child

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Alrik
imanewbie

Reborn Griffith / Casca´s child

Post by Alrik »

Hi everyone,
I´m new to this forum and already read most of the posts and read the FAQ. After i read the FAQ one Question burried me.
In my memory i thought, that in the manga around Volume 20-21, i saw that the reborn griffith, from the eclipse granted wish, were reborn in the big egg. I mean the living giant behelit egg @chapter 20 i think.
Probably it´s only my imagination, but i think that griffith was reborn in that egg. And in volume20 chapter 11 page228 we could see that the egg, hmm eats? ^^, the evil child of Casca´s. To the Point, in my opinion atm is The reborn Griffith the Child from Casca´s, but aged. In the FAQ are in my current view 1 mistakes. That the Child at the Coast was Casca´s child is for me out of Question and wrong. I think its a mysterous child and i hope it will reveal his identity in the NEAR Future.

1. the egg eat the child of Casca V20 C11 P228
2. the egg´s wish to create(to be) a new world. first seen V20 C4 P083 second at the festival V21 C7 P153
3. the egg cracked in the middle and the child grew up to griffith V21 C8 P162-163

I´ve listet the 2nd Point to show that it´s the egg from before.
So i thought i would ask here if anybody else would agree or could give a correction of my view.
I didn´t saw any threats like this and i think that this Point (Casca´s child)
is a interesting one and i´m looking forward to the answers.
One thing at the end when you can agree with me would you also agree that there are 2 kinds of Griffith? One evil kind, the Hawk of Darkness and one holy(perhaps only good) kind the white Hawk. (Casca´s child)
I come to this last point because i remembered the few hints of the Darkness and the Hawk of light, the one who will save the world for the evil one. Perhaps i will just look it up and hopefully i´m interpret it correctly then ^^.

So I hope this thread is not so boring as many other 1st Posts.
(I´m german and english is not my speciality so be gentle with my grammar and misspelling)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Its generally a really bad idea to post your first post as thread creation. Though there is no thread that specifically talks about this, it is definately a topic that has come up in many other threads and has been talked about over and over.

And we were just discussing it on monday in the stupid theories thread. stupid theories thread(Click Here). But we have also talked about it many other times in many threads that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I am proud of you in many ways, though, you actually tried to post with proper grammer and spelling, as well as making a good title for your topic, and explaining what you mean and giving an example. I will let others decide what they want to do with this thread. All and all its a solid post and a good way to start a thread, but you shouldn't post your first post as a thread starter.

Also check out the "New to the Beserk Forum? Post Here First!" thread. It was stickied for a reason. You should have read it along with the FAQs, and in there it actually states to introduce yourself, and if you feel the need to start a new thread ask here to see if it is an ok one to start.

Well that is my rant.

As for my opinion on the matter I believe that somehow it is their child. Not sure how, but yes Griffith did use the child as a vessel to host his new body.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hmm...well this topic has been discussed several thousand times, really. Quite frankly, I hate discussing this aspect and topics relating to the child. I don't really care much about it. But yeah, DO NOT START A TOPIC ON YOUR FIRST POST. You may start one without guilt once you transcend your tenth post or something. Like Arresty said, this has been discussed in brief in the Stupid Theories thread, so you may feel free to carry on the conversation there. Also, check out the sticky thread, it was created for the sole purpose for newbies making their first post there.

As for the child, yes, it is used as Griffith's vessel. But the child in the beach is still a mystery. The answer given is based on an assumption deduced by logic and with little subtle hints in the manga. Note that the answer provided does not state that in anyway for certain that we know 100% sure that the child is indeed Guts' and Casca's. We are only given too little hints to work with, which includes the strange attachment to Casca and Guts, his behavioural patterns and his physical appearance (resemblance to Casca). I, myself, cannot give a definite answer with 100% certainty that he is indeed their son. I prefer more information before I reach that deduction, but for now, it is the most probable and preferrable answer, the one with the highest chance of being correct.

Take in mind that the FAQ, at best, is 99% correct, but will never be 100%. Why? Because the theories that answers SOME of the questions in the FAQ are based on the hard work of many poster's predictions and the generation of several thousand threads (a bit of an exaggeration :P ), but are not supplied by the author. The answer we obtained is the most logical and feasable answer from many theories, but it is not a factor we can control, Miura's the one writing the manga, he can change the 'answers' in anyway he likes and pleases; he can make Guts use the behelit, wear a dress, whatever. We don't know for certain on several topics, like if Gaiseric is really SK, or Void. There are statements in the FAQ that suggests the answer given may not be 100% correct, but however it is the most plausible answer we obtained from our theories and there is a high degree of the answer being correct. We do not wish to give a definite answer only to be proven wrong in the near future releases. :P

Now, as for your post...I feel kinda guilty if I move it to the Interstice. You did take a lot of effort making that long post, supplying references and quotes and all. Since the sticky thread was just created recently (this morning for me), I'll let you pass by for not reading it. I'll let you off the hook this time, but I'll let the other mods have their judgement upon you. I suggest a lock. Alrik doesn't sound like a dumbarse like the rest of the noobs. Welcome to EG, by the way. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Alrik
imanewbie

Post by Alrik »

I´m apologizing for making this Thread, when it´s really made you feel sick because i made it, pls don´t hesitate and delete it.
I just left some Topics beside, becaus simply of the name of the Topic and the experiences i had in the past with many Forum´s. So i didn´t expect some good discussion in Topics like "stupid theories thread". Normally in common forums, topics like that will get crushed by Flames or kids with to much time.
That´s my experience with other boards, i don´t have any calmness left to read something like it and simply didn´t read it. That this was a mistake i could simply see by the first answer of this thread (thx to Arresty). I will spend some time to look the threads i left up to visualize the whole amount of discussions of this forum.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It's a good idea for when you're new, to read every sticky topic that is avaliable. Despite the name of the Stupid Theory thread, some topics that are discussed actually offer some insight. The reason it survived this long is because it has a long history back in the old days of DP. Yes, let that thread be a gathering point for newbies and the likes. Take note, though, your post(s) or topics, if it is warranted for flaming, can be moved to the Interstice. So, newbies and noobs, refrain from acting like a dumbshit.

ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES!!!

Please ask if your query is worthy of starting a new topic in this thread:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 40&start=0

That way, it will reduce the onslaught and massacre by a large degree. And the Interstice will start to get lonely...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, interesting. Well, I would like to start by welcoming you, Alrik. Next, I would like to thank Arresty and Eldo for doing such a good job on informing you. I completely concur with their thoughts, especially the things stated by Eldo. He’s made my job much easier, as he explained the answer to your question in the FAQ very accurately. As one of the primary authors of the FAQ, that’s pretty much the same thing I would’ve said.

Now, this is nothing personal, but I’ve decided to lock this thread. I won’t be moving it to the Interstice, because I do not believe it warrants flaming. As I said, I agree with Eldo and Arresty. However, there are three reasons I’m locking it. First of all, as Eldo said, we’ve already discussed this topic a thousand times. It’s old news and I’d rather not go over it again. Secondly, any discussion we could make about it at this point would be pure speculation, and I find that to be rather boring, and even annoying. Finally, it is in violation of one of the key principles we hold around here, which is in fact, not to start threads when you're so new. In light of a truly awesome thread idea, this rule could be bent in my opinion, but I'm afraid that this is not the case with this specific thread. So, as I said, it’s nothing personal. Your thread idea wasn’t half bad, but feel free to browse through the board and post in already existing threads. ;)