New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Post by Starnum »

Welcome to the Berserk forums. Before you decide to post a question or comment, please read the FAQ. Also, it is beneficial if you read the forum guidelines (a.k.a. rules) as well. This will help decrease your chance of being burnt to a crisp by the regulars. Be sure to also use the search button as well, more than likely we have already covered your topic and there is no need to start your own topic.

Here are some links that should help you out:

Forum wide guidelines:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=446

Berserk FAQ:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121

Berserk Manga download information:
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... f=30&t=892

This is an example of what not to do, like starting a thread on your first post, and the slaughter that will result.

N00b examples
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 15&start=0
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=653

Here is more about posting:

It is generally frowned upon to start your own topic as your first post, let us just say that it better be understandable and of interest to the rest of the group or you will also be burnt to a crisp for wasting the forums time.

Should you feel the need to start your own thread anyway, please take a moment to consider it. How about you post your idea here first, and then we’ll see how it goes. If it seems like a good topic, we’ll let you know. This area is good for new members to test the waters without having to worry about ridicule.

You shouldn't feel discouraged; everyone was new once. Some just handle it better than others. If you act like a know-it-all and get caught, you will be burnt and it won't be pretty. Just be yourself, but take your time. Quality matters, not quantity. For example, as you read this, please notice the lack of spelling errors and proper use of punctuation. This is an English only forum, but we have people from every walk of life and country post here. It is OK if your grammar is not strong, but that is no excuse for spelling as we do provide a spell checker for posting.

Now, that we are done with the introduction, this topic is just to familiarize yourself with the area and meet the people of the forum. So if you are new, and you want to make that first post, do so here and introduce yourself, get that first post off your chest and meet new people and Old Guys (OG’s) alike.

Perhaps you have a thought-provoking and brilliant theory about Berserk that would revolutionize mankind? You can also post it in the Stupid Theories thread!

http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 85&start=0

Thanks,

--- das Management
Last edited by Starnum on Fri May 20, 2005 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Guess I'll go first. Hi there, I'm the creator psi29a aka Cthulhu. Welcome to the Berserk Forum, or as I like to call it, Berserk Anonymous because anyone who posts here is an addict. Remember, the first step is admitting it. :P

I first came upon Berserk after stumbling around drunk at an anime convention known as Otakon http://www.otakon.com/ where they where Casca and Guts were fighting back to back against impossible odds. The sheer amount of blood and hacked up limbs drew me in like a mouth attracted to flames. The over whelming will that Guts had to keep going, even though he was just human was great. I didn't leave the theater until it closed. That was around the episode that the midland army 100 year war with Tudor with the help of Griffith and The Hawks.

When I got home, I went to eBay and bought the DVDs and have exposed it to everyone I could.

It wasn't till I visited skullknight.net that I realized that the anime only covered a small percentage of the whole story line. This lead me to the hawks translations, then later to EG with their chapter by chapter translations. ^_^

What brought you here?
Frode
imanewbie

Post by Frode »

I'm new and I'm not posting here! ><

.. I just googled berserk. And here I am.
>)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm Femto and I will burn you to death.

Just kidding. We have flamed one or two newbies on a few occasions, but most of the time it's because of an innapropriate first post. An introduction is vital when joining any community, so why not get that out of the way by posting a little bit about yourself in this thread? :wink:

Anyways, I am Femto and I am a Berserk-aholic. I first learned about it back when I was really into buying comic books and I had extra money to spare. I was in Midtown Comics in Manhattan and decided to buy an issue of Animerica because there's wasn't much else to read that week. Needless to say, there was a Berserk article in there and I was sold. I bought the first DVD as soon as it came out, and I decided not to download any of the episodes, but to actually wait for each volume to be released individually, and I still don't know why I did that. I think I'm a quality whore, and I really want my first viewing to be perfect and not have to worry about bad downloads or stuff like that. Anyway, it was at least a year and a half until I could see the whole series and, funny thing, I wasn't here in the US when the last two volumes came out, I had to have them imported all the way to England so I could see them.

After that, it was just like psi, I realized that there was more to the story than the series and then I learned about the Hawks and I finally moved here to EG. The more I think about it, the more I realize that the TV series was just one big commercial for the manga. It worked on me. :P
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

My name is LordMune and I am a Berserkoholic.

At one time, an acquaintance of mine started pestering me about this hopelessly mindless slasher of an anime, called Berserk. Once I finally gave in, I found myself with twenty-two episodes of supremely boring costume drama, and three episodes of blood and gore.
I was outraged by the ending, which sent me down a self-destructive spiral of watching all the episodes of GetBackers three times consecutively.
Then, a kind man who prefers to go by the name of Zimeon (who has a freakish clown as his avatar, sometimes alternating to a strict-looking cat), informed me that the manga continued where the anime ended, and was about 75 times better than its animated counterpart. I googled Berserk, which led me to the Hawks, and later led me here, desperately seeking my Berserk fix having finished reading all the volumes released by the Hawks in one night.

EDIT: More specifically I came to DigitalPanic and lurked for ages. Then we moved to Mindwerks and I continued lurking. Up until not too long ago.
Last edited by LordMune on Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I guess I’ll introduce myself. I’m known as Starnum, and I’m one of the Primary Mods around here. I’m also the proofreader for the EG releases of the Berserk chapters. I originally saw the anime at a friend’s recommendation, and loved it as much as he said I would. Then he downloaded the first 26 volumes of the manga from The Hawks, and burned me a copy. After that I had to have more, and I ended up googling upon EG back when it was still at Digital Panic. After becoming a regular in the Berserk Forum, I got the position as a Mod. Then we moved to Mindwerks, thanks to Psi, and I eventually gained Mod powers over most of the board. Eventually I signed on to the Berserk Project as the proofreader, and I’ve gotten to know the other team members fairly well since then. See, that’s the power of sticking around and not acting like a nOOb. Heh, anyway, I agree with Femto, the anime does seem like a big commercial for the manga, which is like ten times better. :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I am the great one known as Buzkashi. I will most likely never flame you unless you attack me.

I came upon Berserk one day when I was looking for an anime index to see pictures of ermm... Special anime. I found myself at http://www.thespectrum.net were they had a weekly rotation of berserk. I started to read it and I loved it. However those weekly rotations where going to slow for my blood. So i looked at his source which was the hawks. I took me maybe a month to figure out how to dl there mangas. I was 13 and it was my first time doing anyhting like that. But once i did i was in heaven. So i read all the manga and registered at there forums. They were gay over there so i left after a few posts.
I found that they were taking tooo long for each volume to come out. So one day fusionGT came with just a chapter release for the weekly rotation. He said it came from digitalpanic. SO i registerd there lurked untill i could figure out IRC( oh god did it take me a while) and then posted ....alot.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

My name is Necromancer. Nomen est omen says everything here.
I like wolves, (un)dead people and of course berserk.
There's not much to say about me.
Just fear me as much as you can fear a newbie. :evil:

I saw the Berserk anime years ago and the end was very open, so I decided to read the manga and got to the Hawks. I really loved it and so I continued. Some day I found the DigitalPanic Forum. Don't know how exactly anymore. I was lurking there for a long time. And aa few week after I finally registered there they created this forum instead. I came here and lurked around as well. Two weeks ago I finally registered again and here I am.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Hello, my name is Ayanami. And I as well am addicted to Berserk.

Like Femto, I bought the Berserk anime DVDs from Anime Works as they came out. After a long time of waiting for the last DVD, (What was up with that 4 month break any way?) I saw the ending of the anime and thought there had to be more. So I googled it, and low and behold I found The Hawks. I actually did not download it for a while after finding it, thought I would wait for the DarkHorse releases. Then I realized that DH was going to take damn near a century to release everything, so I downloaded The Hawks scanlations of volumes 13-27. After some more snooping around and googleing I ended up here at EG. At first I did a lot of lurking, for like a week or two, reading FAQs and past threads. Finally I decided to post, at first I was a wee bit uneasy because of flamage that goes on if you say anything stupid, but in reality everyone is really nice here and I enjoy being a part of the forums. I also like being able to simply chime in and say, damn, you guys are doing a great job when it comes to the Berserk releases. :P

EDIT - Oh, and I still support the Dark Horse releases of Berserk. (I own all volumes that have come out thus far.) They just take forever, that's all. :wink:
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I am the one who goes by the name of raziel.

I liked berserk ever since I played the dreamcast game Sword of the Berserk. I loved it and although at the time i didnt know who the hell i was fighting and who zodd was, the backstory feature found in the game intrigued me and i set out to look for episodes on a file-sharing application.
Being the Einstein i was, I couldnt find it for several months mainly because I kept looking for "Berzerk" in the search field (all i got was Apoptygma Berzerk, some German band).
Needless to say, I was hooked.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ayanami wrote:Then I realized that DH was going to take damn near a century to release everything, so I downloaded The Hawks scanlations of volumes 13-27.
Have you not read volumes 6 - 12 yet? You should, because the anime left a lot of stuff out.
Last edited by Starnum on Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I think I got a hold of volume 8, but that is it and I don't have it on my hard drive any more. I figure I would wait for Dark Horse, but once again, that may take another year or so. :roll:

I will have to check it out. Snoop around online and what not.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Hi. I'm Ellen. (Yes, like Degeneres; no, I'm not a lesbian) I couldn't think of an appropriate handle and I'm a habitual lurker anyway, so not like it matters, right? ^-^
My boyfriend sent me some of the Berserk anime a few years ago and we were both in awe of the battles, so I ended up buying a box set. :D
Recently I realized, omg, there must be a manga and went searching for it. I found the hawks.org site first, and then the spectrum nexus, which led me here.
I must say, you people are totally awesome. And I'm glad I haven't pissed anyone off yet... Although, I have an advantage as a lurker. You people are funny and your posts are good reads when I'm procrastinating!

That is that... I guess.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ayanami wrote:I think I got a hold of volume 8, but that is it and I don't have it on my hard drive any more. I figure I would wait for Dark Horse, but once again, that may take another year or so. :roll:

I will have to check it out. Snoop around online and what not.
Yeah, you're missing out on this awesome section with the Black Dog Knights and the crazy battle with Wylde. Check it out when you get the chance. ;)

Welcome to the forums Ellen. I'm glad you think we're funny, and a good read. :P
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

psi29a wrote:Guess I'll go first. Hi there, I'm the creator psi29a aka Cthulhu. Welcome to the Berserk Forum, or as I like to call it, Berserk Anonymous because anyone who posts here is an addict. Remember, the first step is admitting it. :P

I first came upon Berserk after stumbling around drunk at an anime convention known as Otakon http://www.otakon.com/ where they where Casca and Guts were fighting back to back against impossible odds. The sheer amount of blood and hacked up limbs drew me in like a mouth attracted to flames. The over whelming will that Guts had to keep going, even though he was just human was great. I didn't leave the theater until it closed. That was around the episode that the midland army 100 year war with Tudor with the help of Griffith and The Hawks.

When I got home, I went to eBay and bought the DVDs and have exposed it to everyone I could.

It wasn't till I visited skullknight.net that I realized that the anime only covered a small percentage of the whole story line. This lead me to the hawks translations, then later to EG with their chapter by chapter translations. ^_^

What brought you here?
I am Southpaw and Psi brought me here the bastard. He came over to my house one weekend for some games of magic with me and some of my other cousins and low and behold what is this he pulls out of his magical bag? It's beserk. He puts it into the DVD player and the fun begins. Ass, now I'm going to be ready this crap for 20 years.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

OK, since we are all introducing ourselves.

Hi there, I'm Tempest. I came here after I had heard from a friend of mine (Ayanami) about this cool forum where they talk about Berserk. My first Berserk Experience was when I was chilling with him and he said that I needed to see this cool anime called Berserk. So we watched the whole series over the span of like a week or something (We live in the same town but I go to college that is about a 45 minute drive from home) And during times where I wasn't finished with the series, like when I was waiting to get home between DVDs 5 and 6, I was pretty much thinking how the next episode would be. So I finished the series and after the cliffhanger ending, Ayanami told me about the manga and how it spanned a lot more of the story and was more in detail. He also told me that Dark Horse was releasing them in the US, unedited, and I jumped for joy. I plan on getting all of them as soon as I finish buying all of Sin City (Either way, Dark Horse gets a ton of my money). He also gave me the Manga Vol. 13-28 and the latest chapters and I went to work. Two days of pretty much solid reading later, I was caught up. Then I was introduced to another awesome manga, Tenjou Tengue. So, that's about it... so stop reading...it's over....okay... so I guess right about now I should stop typ-
ImageImage
Ghostviper04
imanewbie

Post by Ghostviper04 »

Heyhey, I'm an idiot lurker with nothing really good to say, so why rant long and hard when others can do that and better?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I'm Libaax i also came here for Berserk's sake. I first heard of Berserk in a topic about it in Gotwoot forums,when i heard that it was dark,bloody,with a cool hero i was sold. So i download Hawks version before i discovered the greatness and speed of EG and here I'm.
I have actually not seen the Berserk anime and will never see since it doesn't follow the story of the manga and it doesn't have a chance against the manga version.

I'm a mangaholic,i cant go through the day without at least a couple of manga chaps,mangas that makes me drool beside Berserk are Hajime No Ippo,Lone Wolf and Cub,Vagabond,Hunter X Hunter.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

...I need no introduction...

Anyway...

I'm Eldo, and I read Berserk, and alot of other mangas. :P

Glad to see some regulars and lurkers posting here. :D

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mindr
imanewbie

Post by mindr »

Yarr! Hello mateys..

Okay anyway, I love Berserk

Thanks
Owned
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, hello, I guess. :P

Welcome to EG. Hope you don't start any topics on your own...!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Alrik
imanewbie

Post by Alrik »

Hello all!

@Eldo to late ^^

I´m 21 and coming from Germany.
I really enjoy Martial Art´s, Samurai and other Figth stuff. Berserk was and is my only Manga i am reading and will probalby always be.
In common i´m an anime freak and I´m gathering all i can get.
So i would name me an fantasyholic, i´m loving to see and image the world of fantasy and unknown worlds.
One day i was looking for a new figthing anime and get caught by the title Berserk. After scouting some of informations i was really attached to the storyline and looked for the series. After i saw the anime i was really frustrated. What a great Storyline and what the hell open end. It was really frustrating for me not to know anything. The anime stops at the Climax of the story. When i had to vote on it at that moment, i would give Berserk anime the worst note i had ever given. So frustrated and shocked by the end, i couldn´t stop thinking of it. How could it be, how could it go on. Then time passed by and suddenly a month ago i grapped in my anime collection Berserk.
So i was watching it again und i felt like before. Why have i forgotten why have i grapped this why? I felt really depressed and so i was looking for more.
But really depressing was that there wasn´t more of the anime. So i googled for informations and i dropped at a site of Berserk mangas.
That site had a link to this forum and so i stopped at this forum at berserk. Since then i was watching at the forum and at the same time reading the manga. Since then i am in hate, in love and attached to the storyline.

That´s my story.
I´m glad to be here and hopefully we can enjoy the future of berserk.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Welcome to EG Alrik and mindre

hope you will enjoy your stay.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Alrik wrote:@Eldo to late ^^
I wasn't around when you started that thread, so I'll mention my thoughts on the matter here, though I might be mostly repeating what others said.

When I first saw the title of the thread you started and saw that it was locked, I assumed that it was another n00b thread, but I wondered why it wasn't moved to Interstice. Once I read the first post though, it became clear. The fact that you actually took the time to write that long first post, with good spelling too, means that you aren't a n00b that deserves to be flamed to death. The topic has indeed been discussed a hundred times over though, so it's wasn't a really a good idea to start a thread about it. I suggest that you skim through a couple of threads to see what has been discussed here before, you'll find that we've touched pretty much every subject there is, which is there are few new threads in Berserk. The stupid theories thread goes off-topic often, and that's where a lot of the discussion takes place, so I think that's good starting point.

Anyways, I respect and I agree with Eldo and Starnum's decision not to move the thread to Intestice. Flaming you for that thread isn't really necessary, it was just a newbie mistake. Welcome to the boards.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Hello all you newbies.

Also hello to all you n00bs(who shall all be branded and die in the flames of Interstice :twisted:).

Well I saw berserk in blockbuster(oh yeah) and decided to rent it to check it out, and they were nice enough to only have the first 4 DVDs even though the other two had been out for like a year. In case you don't remember the cliffhanger at the end of disc 4 is when griffith drinks the poison and appears to collapse and die. Well I immediately went and bought the whole series so I could complete it to be left with an even bigger cliffhanger. Searched around to see if there was more to the anime found out their wasn't, but did find out that there was a manga it was based on. Started buying the darkhorse editions, and way to slow, so I looked on the Internet, eventually found the hawks and then EG. When I first downloaded the hawks releases I read the entire series in like two days. I more or less read non-stop, but had the luck of having a test the next day. Well to make a long story short I didn't sleep much nor did I study much. I still did well so its all good. Well I first started getting EG releases when they were back on DP but I never posted, mainly just went to the torrents and downloaded them. They moved over here and I decided what the hell and started posting. But I was free of any n00bish tendencies. :D :LOL: :twisted:

Anyways I read several mangas and watch several animes. I am also fairly regular poster so you will see me around alot.

Alrik wrote:I just left some Topics beside, becaus simply of the name of the Topic and the experiences i had in the past with many Forum´s. So i didn´t expect some good discussion in Topics like "stupid theories thread". Normally in common forums, topics like that will get crushed by Flames or kids with to much time.
Look at it this way, we keep such high standards around here that our stupid theories thread are on par or better than any thread at most other forums. So even though it may be stupid to us it is better than most. :D :P