Magic: The Gathering

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Magic: The Gathering

Post by Southpaw »

MMM, yumm. I like this game. I've been playing since ice age. I get tohether with my cousins every coulpe of weekends for 4 way free for alls, no holds barred deathmatches.

Magic justs gets to be fun with more people. It's to easy to win one on one.

So who else plays here?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Can't say I've played it myself, but I'll tell you a nice story about it. I'm from South America, from a third world country, and I'm sure you know how ignorant people can be over there. Anyways, when I was in high school, Magic was the shit, everybody would play it during the breaks and a friend of mine was really obsessed with it. One day he came to school without his cards, and when he asked him what happened, he told us that his mother made him burn the cards because they came from the devil.

Just so you know, this guy lived in one of the best neighborhoods in the city. Proof that stupidity exists regardless of class.
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Femto wrote:Can't say I've played it myself, but I'll tell you a nice story about it. I'm from South America, from a third world country, and I'm sure you know how ignorant people can be over there. Anyways, when I was in high school, Magic was the shit, everybody would play it during the breaks and a friend of mine was really obsessed with it. One day he came to school without his cards, and when he asked him what happened, he told us that his mother made him burn the cards because they came from the devil.

Just so you know, this guy lived in one of the best neighborhoods in the city. Proof that stupidity exists regardless of class.
My step mother was like that. She wouldn't let me have the things in the house. Of course in the bible belt in america many things are the devils tools.
Magic, D&D, Harry Potter, hell the list just doesn't end.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I play as well, I started getting into it around 4th Edition, stopped playing for a while, then when I found some more people in my school who played, started playing again around Oddessy.
ImageImage
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Wow thats scarily similar to what I did. I got out after mirage and came back in around judgement. It was weird because I found out that one of my cousins palayed so I whipped out a deck at like christmas or something. We played a couple games and that was that.

Then low and behold I go to one of my other cousins houses at a later date and all 4 of them are playing magic. I'm thinking wtf? They tell me they watched me play at christmas and thought it looked cool so the learned how to play. So I ended up with about 7 cousins who play now. Which is pretty cool because it can be hard to find people to play with sometimes.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

holy shit... i thought magic was dead. That was from the old days. I use to have some ownage cards. I remeber i had this 15/8 with like trample and rampage and w/e freaking ownage. One of my friends had the black lotus. I use to be such an asshole at the game too, i had a deck that was mainly a bunch of cards that go rid of your mana (different types of cards). Then pashing and that shadow thing bugged the hell out of me so i just forget it to the game, and that was it.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

YEah, phasing and shadow were really funky abilities, but they did cycle out of type 2 play. My favorite new ability is Ninjitsu. Hiiiiiya!

A couple of my favorie big creature cards are Avatar of Might and Darksteel Colossus.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Big creatures is the way to play. Green all the way. :D

God, Odyssey block was the shizzle, I just can't get back into Magic like I used to because the new stuff is just not as interesting to me. That and it cost an arm and a leg!! Plus one of my favorite friends to play got out of it. Oh well. (And one of my other friends is just the biggest sore loser ever. You know who I am talking about Tempest.)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeah, I love green. Bust out with a thalid, and then start popping out spores like crazy. Then, as you used them as the canon fodder they are, you construct your powerful elven army while pumping them up with all kinds of insane enchantments. Then it’s time for the slaughter, oh yeah! Man, I miss playing Magic. Haven’t done it much in the past couple of years *sigh*.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

black can blast green so bad. my destroy creature/discard card black deck will jus pwn all your wurms :D
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Feh, all must bow before the power of BLUE. No spell shall be cast without my permission. All creatures I let you cast will become mine and your death shall come from thine own hands.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I like black too. That's why I keep a Perish in my black, good against opposing green decks, heh.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

dos.azn wrote:black can blast green so bad. my destroy creature/discard card black deck will jus pwn all your wurms :D
Yeah, but what happens when I stop casting creatures and start BURNing your ass with Red? Burn baby burn, Disco Inferno. :twisted:

I used to play White a ton just cause I enjoyed the idea of being "the good guy". But when it came to like drafts and shit, I found blue as the way to go. I still enjoy my white weenie deck though. :wink:

Ayanami - Yeah, I hated playing with him sometimes. There were times I like made it colse for him just so he wouldn't bitch about shit. He knows how to play the game, he just doesn't really know how to play it RIGHT. And if he's not gonna use that Elve/Day of The Dragons Deck, I want it, because I know how to play it, and my own elf deck kinda sucks now :?
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

you guys should be in fear from my 10/10 leviathan. and <insert mana name> walk deck was god like since you cant touch me unless you somthign that can block land walks ( i had a wall that could block anything) Portal was some pretty sweet cards, too bad it was used only as a noob deck. Mirage was awsome, the drawings were too cool.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote:you guys should be in fear from my 10/10 leviathan. and <insert mana name> walk deck was god like since you cant touch me unless you somthign that can block land walks ( i had a wall that could block anything) Portal was some pretty sweet cards, too bad it was used only as a noob deck. Mirage was awsome, the drawings were too cool.
My 11/11 Indestructible Darksteel Colossus farts on your Leviathan. Just try and kill this guy. Plus I don't have to sacrifice two islands each turn. :P

ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

wtf, that kind of card should be illegal. some cards are just unbelivbly god like. though my mana destroier deck wont let you put that card into play.

man it sucks that i got rid of all my cards....
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Well, there are plenty of cards that will shaft someone playing that card. First of all, the owner needs to have 11 mana ready to play it, or some other neat trick. Also, it's an artifact, and the block it was in was an artifact block, so there are cards in their that could incapacitate it in some way. There is always white attacker removal, that doesn't kill the card, it removes it from the game entirely. If you look for it, there are ways around every card or combination.
ImageImage
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Darksteel is easy to own. Swords to plowshares, Eradicate, hell any bounce spells like boomerang work as well.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

If you are playing type two, which most people do around here because they want to try and break through the tourney racket or something can't use sword to plowshares or boomerang. They have to rely on not as good new bounce spell and what not. If the Darksteel is able to come out in a type two play, well he might be there for a while.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Tempest wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:you guys should be in fear from my 10/10 leviathan. and <insert mana name> walk deck was god like since you cant touch me unless you somthign that can block land walks ( i had a wall that could block anything) Portal was some pretty sweet cards, too bad it was used only as a noob deck. Mirage was awsome, the drawings were too cool.
My 11/11 Indestructible Darksteel Colossus farts on your Leviathan. Just try and kill this guy. Plus I don't have to sacrifice two islands each turn. :P

feh ok...

dead by a common black card. :)

i got in around 4th edition... then got out around alliances and mirage. Gave all my cards away to my friend too. Remember the days when Baron Sengir owned your asses? lol. I got back in later and still have all my cards. Got a few of the new ones, but i don't like them at all. Too damn powerful IMO, but the old decks can still pull it out from time to time.
The way i always saw it was....
Green= speed/power creatures
white=stalemating
blue= control decks
black= power spells <= can make a good quick creature deck too.
Red= direct damage

Blue and black can make an awesome control deck. My friend used a stupid annoying little combo called the donate deck. He played this card and gained 20 life for himselfImage

then donated it to me as i couldn't pay the upkeep and lost 20 life.

rarrrrr
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Kêthêrîc wrote:feh ok...

dead by a common black card. :)
Um, okay, but what if he chooses to sacrifice a different creature. Unless that's the only thing he has on the field, it doesn't say that he has to sacrifice a target creature. So, that may not go over as easily as you intend, but I was thinking of a counter summon or something along those lines myself.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

He can always have those enchanments that makes his card an artifact or vice versa. man now im getting back into this game... stop me before i waste another 400 dollars.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

just saying something that easily can kill it, if it were the only thing out. That's what i liked about magic, even the common cards can whoop ass.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Hey, why don't you guys post your decks, what is in them, and how they work. I'll do the same, I have 3. (blue/black) (black/green) (white/red).

Would be cool to provide feedback to one another and attempt to make them better.

Note: Darksteel Colossus, easy to put out into play if you know how and just as easy to get rid of. Trust me, I ran with two in my deck. (I'll explain later). As for getting rid of them, Eradicate is a great card, get rid of ALL them in one swoop and removed from game. Never play without when rolling with black.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Tempest wrote:
dos.azn wrote:black can blast green so bad. my destroy creature/discard card black deck will jus pwn all your wurms :D
Yeah, but what happens when I stop casting creatures and start BURNing your ass with Red? Burn baby burn, Disco Inferno. :twisted:
dats why i said its a destroy creature/DISCARD CARD black deck foo. you wont even have a chance to even play your instants :twisted: :P :twisted: