Berserk to Resume After Miura Runs 6-Chapter Mini-Series

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Berserk to Resume After Miura Runs 6-Chapter Mini-Series

Post by Starnum »

Well the word is finally out.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ini-series

I'm just glad to hear he's not dying of some horrible disease or something. I don't really mind this so much, hopefully it'll be a good mini-series. These days I see new Berserk chapters as a pleasant surprise more than anything else. I've learned not to expect too much. I think it's a defense mechanism or something. I don't wanna be hopelessly crushed in case Berserk is ever cancelled. Anyway, there's a good chance we'll scanslate this new project when it comes out. Then hopefully we can get back to berserk! Special thanks to LordMune for breaking this story to the group.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk to Resume After Miura Runs 6-Chapter Mini-Series

Post by War Machine »

Question: Will you guys be translating that mini-series?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

Well this is good news. You guys should definitely scanslate this project, I can't wait to read it. Hopefully working on another project will also help Miura refocus on Berserk.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, there's a good chance we will scanslate this mini-series when it comes out. I think some time away from Berserk might be good for Miura. At least lets hope so. :)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Nice, thanks. I can't wait to read it. And thanks for the news on Miura.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Here's to hoping this short story was the thing that was eating at Miura and when he's done he can finally be productive again!
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

if the mini-series is anything like the other one he did, it'd be awesome
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Finally some news...

Let's just hope he didnt lose interest in completing berserk and has not gotten bored of it.

Hopefully that mini series was all, that was going on with him. So.. basically this is the announcement for the series with 6 chapters. Is he at least done with chapter 1 yet?

I mean.. if he isnt then that means a berserk break for at least another year or so!! :(

Lets hope this series rocks.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It's good to hear. I know with work doing the same old thing can get real boring and routine so this miniseries might help keep Berserk exciting for Miura. It'll be cool to see what this side project is about.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Definitely excited for this. He should do stuff like this more often. Those other mini-series he has worked on seem to catch a bit of flak, but I thought they were pretty cool. Not as good as Berserk or even close, but worth reading for the art alone.
Azwraith
imanewbie

Post by Azwraith »

dialdfordesi wrote:It's good to hear. I know with work doing the same old thing can get real boring and routine so this miniseries might help keep Berserk exciting for Miura. It'll be cool to see what this side project is about.

I totally agree. Hell, he has been working on the story for more than 20 years. I can see he needs a break and write something else.
Just imagine the thousands of stories that little genius have in his mind? :shock:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, there's a good chance we will scanslate this mini-series when it comes out. I think some time away from Berserk might be good for Miura. At least lets hope so. :)

Any news on the process?
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

A lot more info here:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index. ... ic=14106.0
Confirmation came this morning from 2ch that Gigantomakhia will begin its 6-issue run in the Nov. 22 issue of Young Animal, which makes the release schedule the following:

Issue 1: Nov. 22
Issue 2: Dec. 13
Issue 3: Dec. 27
Issue 4: Jan. 10
Issue 5: Jan. 24
Issue 6: Feb. 14 <3

With Berserk to resume afterward, possibly the Feb. 28 issue.
So the first raw should be available by now i guess..