Berserk 329 - Spring Blossoms of Another Day (2)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 329 - Spring Blossoms of Another Day (2)

Post by DrPepperPro »

Shino
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 329 - Spring Blossoms of Another Day (2)

Post by Shino »

Thanks so much Evil-Genius!

Really enjoying this little flashback arc. Loving that this will obviously tie-in to Elfhelm so that means next time it shifts to present Guts and Co. it will happen!!

Hahaha it seems like I've been waiting for this my whole life, definitely a legendary time to be a Berserk fan!!

Will post more thoughts once I've read this episode tomorrow. The final episode of this arc is next and so close! :worship: <3
Lying never hurt anybody.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct download is now available:
http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

[spoiler]So Guts may be the chosen one of the good spirits?? Erasing apostles, maybe the god hand, helping the elves etc?? can't wait to see how he kills that guy in duel. I need human blooooood!!![/spoiler]

So many time between chapters and before Elfheim so I end guessing things too soon..
incubus
imanewbie

Post by incubus »

At first i was thinking "what? a flashback? come on" but this insight of teen guts dealing with his innerchild feelings is the philosophy shit that i love
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

At first I was getting pissed off about this detour we are taking. Then I was getting annoyed at what was happening in this chapter, but then bam.... this is the kind of mental scarring that can be viewed worse than anything gory.

As always good work EG. Lightning fast release!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks for another chapter, EG!

The more we see of his backstory, the more you realize just how many reasons Guts has to be screwed up. :lol:
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

I haven't experienced an emotional pull from berserk in a very long time, I even began questioning myself what was so great about it in the first place. This chapter however reminded me why i fell in love with this story 6 years ago.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks for a great chapter EG...

hope to see some blood and Guts in the next one :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Hyuri
imanewbie

Post by Hyuri »

Thanks EG! Always so fortunate to receive your work.

I have mixed feelings about this mini-arc. I am completely loving the story portrayed in this flashback. It takes us back to the reasons we fell in love with Berserk in the first place. The problem is that its also a step back on the general plot of the story. Ever since the Elfhelm arc started I've felt Berserk has been static and not really progressing the way it should, and this flashback only affirms that. It's been ages since Griffith returned to Midland, and yet we have no real indications of him and Guts crossing paths (or swords) anytime soon, or the story taking that direction whatsoever.
Signature by HylianShroom, you can find him at www.Zeldauniverse.net/forums
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Hyuri wrote:Ever since the Elfhelm arc started I've felt Berserk has been static and not really progressing the way it should, and this flashback only affirms that. It's been ages since Griffith returned to Midland, and yet we have no real indications of him and Guts crossing paths (or swords) anytime soon, or the story taking that direction whatsoever.
The kid showing up again under a full moon, the fact that SK told Guts that "what you want might not be what she wants" and lets not forget that once he gets to Elfhelm who is to say that Griff hasn't already turned his gaze there? The SK sending Guts there could also be some sort of step to seal Guts into the same path that he himself followed after being betrayed by one of the God hand himself. *shruggs*

Possibilities.
"Context is for Kings"
Hyuri
imanewbie

Post by Hyuri »

Grahf wrote:
Hyuri wrote:Ever since the Elfhelm arc started I've felt Berserk has been static and not really progressing the way it should, and this flashback only affirms that. It's been ages since Griffith returned to Midland, and yet we have no real indications of him and Guts crossing paths (or swords) anytime soon, or the story taking that direction whatsoever.
The kid showing up again under a full moon, the fact that SK told Guts that "what you want might not be what she wants" and lets not forget that once he gets to Elfhelm who is to say that Griff hasn't already turned his gaze there? The SK sending Guts there could also be some sort of step to seal Guts into the same path that he himself followed after being betrayed by one of the God hand himself. *shruggs*

Possibilities.
Your right the possibilities are endless, the future is uncertain, but at the moment (in the present) I feel the story has hit somewhat of a stump. It will not last forever though, let's just hope it picks up in the near future.
Signature by HylianShroom, you can find him at www.Zeldauniverse.net/forums
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

So after seeing the raw, 331 won't come out until Fall... another 2+ something month break.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

that is some bad news... Friday the 13th was yesterday :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: