New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

legato
Found the Edit button

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by legato »

NoNickName wrote:Any direct link please? For 2GB V2? Cant use torrents :(
Why, are you in PRISON or something? =p
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=320034
THE ENGLISH VER OF THE 1ST MOVIE IS HERE

I know i'm the best I know U_U
twitter.com/greak
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

legato wrote:Why, are you in PRISON or something? =p
Dunno, it seems that everytime I start a torrent, my internet provider drops the connection :?
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

My Review 8)
Berserk; Egg of the High King: Review http://bit.ly/KZu4DN
twitter.com/greak
Tristan
imanewbie

Post by Tristan »

greak wrote:My Review 8)
Good review, pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

greak wrote:My Review 8)
I mostly agreed with your review. I thought the animation was great, but the cgi didn't fit in very well in some scenes, but others I liked the cgi(Zodd). I was under the impression that the movies were kind of a recap, just to go over the original series, and weren't meant to replace it. So I was fine with the scenes they left out. Overall, I was very satisfied with the movie.

Also, I sat and looked at that big damn button on your review page for a while before my curiosity got the best of me. Little did I know, my volume was turned up quite a bit, especially my subwoofer... I literally shook in my seat when I clicked that fucking button. After a second though, I found my self smiling like an idiot and laughing as I clicked it a few more times.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
JonSilvers
imanewbie

Post by JonSilvers »

Eng Subs ,separately ....

Code: Select all

https://rs711p11.rapidshare.com/files/207115096/subs.rar
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

News just in!
Movie sucks!
Gloric
imanewbie

Post by Gloric »

Movie was fine.
The CGI that everyone cries about is only prominent for the first and some of the second battle.
The quickness didn't feel as bad as I thought it would, there were a few scenes skipped over that I missed, but overall I still got the feel of where the story was going, the main narrative of the Egg and the bearer of the egg from Guts perspective.
The end of the film didn't feel quite "final" in and of itself, but that's to be expected considering it is an ongoing story (as we all know).
It was definitely catered towards already existing fans but I don't see the issue there. It's like if they remade ANY series this day and age. If DBZ was remade, a lot of the screaming would be cut, a lot of the comedy fodder would be cut, characters wouldn't need such a heavy introduction.

An example of too much cutting would be the new Kenshin remake, it's ridiculously thrown out there with the entire introduction for the cast not even done, jumping straight into the main arc. But again, they're doing the climax of the series for the fans.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The previews for the second film has the CG looking a lot better. So far this is not what I was looking for in the series. It's not going to attract a great amount of new followers, but I'm hoping that with the quality of the next film being stepped up a bit that it will attract a bigger audience. It's just weird that you see better CG as the movie progresses. It's like they were getting the hang of things as they were working on the film and just decided to say fuck it and let their earlier CG stay in the movie. Shit like this makes me wish I was a rich man so I could dump money for funding on a movie like this. With a story like Berserk, if the right western director and western animation studio got a hold of it, it could take off. It's like Japan is 15 years behind when it comes to CG movies. They all look like crap. But I will say that animators at Studio 4C are learning as they go and it looks like they are getting more experienced with doing this. Hopefully the third movie looks amazing.
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

pretty cool clip... so if they only have 3 films coming out and they need to at least get to after berserk armor is found [spoiler](because they showed it in the beginning credits)[/spoiler]

what do you think they are going to do make a new series, make more films, or just tease us and never make it that far... hope these movies make enough money to continue... saw that the license is through time warner... dont know how I feel about that :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

At least Time Warner has available budget and wont go bankrupt anytime soon =p
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Anyone seen the second movie yet?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

first five minutes of the first movie was pretty damn awesome!

edit: Movie was fine. They altered but kept enough in it to fit the 1:10:00 time frame. The CG didn't bother me as much, it was a bit jerky at times other than that I like it.

Do you think that after these ovas that there will be more of a demand for the manga on a regular basis?
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I hope that is what they do
Gou
imanewbie

Post by Gou »

Hello,

Long time reader, first time posting, so I hope this is ok as a first post.

Watched the first film recently and enjoyed it, but based on the reviews I've read, I'm really looking forward to part two and hopefully some much improved pacing and CGI use.

The poster and teaser for the 3rd part is out:
http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show/ne ... _id/142588
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0m4d2sxmqA

Looking epic...I really hope these are successful enough for them to continue to produce more :D
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The eclipse looks bad ass :twisted: cant wait to see the rest
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Its been taken down (why would anyone in their right minds have promotional trailers taken down) so does anyone have another link? I can't seem to find any on YT.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

legato wrote:Its been taken down (why would anyone in their right minds have promotional trailers taken down) so does anyone have another link? I can't seem to find any on YT.
Thats an easy question to answer. If a movie company/studio put out a promo/trailer/etc it is their property so if someone decides to upload it themselves on youtube the original party can ask youtube to take it down since they own the rights to it. Its ridiculous since its hardly enforced since anyone can upload just about anything and some companies don't even bother with it. You can imagine how hard it is to enforce.
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Why would the original owner have a problem with someone uploading their promotional trailer as long as it isn't altered?

Unless they're concerned with view counts on their upload...which seems really petty to me. Or at least, less important than actually promoting their title.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

IP law my friend.

Take for example a new popular movie coming out... Lets say Batman. A trailer is released, someone other than WB re-uploads it without WBs permission. WB has the rights to it and can request it be taken down. As there are millions of youtube accounts you can see how hard it is to enforce this. Food for thought.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Youtube removes videos based on their Content ID software (https://www.youtube.com/t/contentid). If I add my video to their Content ID database, youtube automatically checks their video database for similar videos and if it finds a match, it performs an action based on your preferences. I can ask them to remove the video outright (this is the preferred option for most media conglomerates), I can ask them to allow it but put a link to my stuff; or simply allow the video and do nothing (media conglomerates' worst enemy). This is not a legal threat or anything of the like, it's just a youtube feature.

This Content ID crap is the number one way that youtube uses to removed or block videos. Media conglomerates love it because it doesn't involve any kind of legal action. Moreover, it has no risk since there's no punishment from youtube for exploiting this system. I could claim to own the Berserk trailer and have them remove others at no risk to myself. That is unless they take legal action, which brings me to the other option media conglomerates use to block content (in the US at least) which is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

I don't know every detail about the law, but in practice, it essentially boils down to this: If I post something I don't have the rights to (say the Berserk trailer), the owner has to file a DMCA against me to have me remove it (this is just a threat of further legal action, but it does not mean I'm being sued yet). After the DMCA is filed, I have some time to comply and remove the offending video or do nothing. If you choose to do nothing, the owner then is forced to sue me and bring the whole copyright issue it court or else, after a specific amount of time has passed, he gives me permission to keep the video online. By not suing me after filing a DMCA against me (and a certain amount of time has passed), he gives me permission and the whole thing becomes legal. Additionally, claiming numerous, frivolous DMCA claims is punishable by law. So this is why media conglomerates opt to use youtube's Content ID instead, which in turn is the root of most of youtube's biggest problems with content uploaders getting their videos removed for no good reason. For example, youtube blocking or removing videos that feature birds chirping because someone added their nature audio to youtube's Content ID.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and this is not advice on how to proceed with any type of legal issue you might have.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Sure they have the "right" but it doesn't mean they SHOULD...
But probably its because the second movie hasn't been released yet and this trailer reveals that the eclipse is not in the second movie after all.
Perhaps spoilers or something for the (are there any) newcomers who haven't seen the second movie yet.
That's the only thing I can think of right now.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Was this posted yet? The BD/DVD release for the second movie is going to be on December 5th.

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=904