I had an addiction problem once... (offical diablo 3 thread)

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

I had an addiction problem once... (offical diablo 3 thread)

Post by halfnhalf »

I am here to admit that i had a serious addiction to diablo 2. I just couldnt get enough of it, i had soo many differnt programs that allowed me to tweak multiple characters on one pc. I needed to have the best MF sorc, i needed the fastest Assassain, i had the coolest durid ever, and the list goes on. I spent countless hours, hours that i could never get back. I went cold turkey on diablo2 and now diablo 3 has been announced and i dont think i can hold myself back...

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/28/li ... -ceremony/

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35661.html

FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GET ME ADDICTED TO YOUR PRODUCTS?!?!? WHY MUST YOU MAKE GOOD QUALITY GAMES THAT LAST?!!?!? assholes take my money all the time...
newbified
n00b Smasher

Re: I had an addiction problem once... (offical diablo 3 thread)

Post by newbified »

Well since no one else has posted here, I just want to say that I'm looking forward to Diablo 3 immensely now. I was even disappointed when they announced Starcraft 2, since I never really got into the franchise (I went medieval and played AOE) because I had hoped they would announce a new Diablo chapter.

The Barbarian looks great as always, and I'm pretty impressed with the Witch Doctor. And the fact you can now choose from either male or female is a good addition as well, since I know a few girls who didn't like Diablo for something as simple as not wanting to play a male character, and having their character choices limited to an Amazon, Sorceress, or Assassin.

And I was blown away by the way the bosses look in this game. Any other Diablo except for a select few there really was no introduction or long fight, but these seem to all have some sort of entrance, and seem to be challenging as well.

Absolutely can't wait for this to come out. I'm going to drop WoW once this comes out, and undoubtedly I'll pre-order it and even stand outside for a midnight release.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I think it's safe to say that the Witch Doctor has taken the place of the Necromancer (Since Blizzard said that there were only going to be 5 classes and the WD had already shown the ability to Raise pets and use Curses), and that makes me a sad panda.
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Too bad Necros werent pvp worthy.....
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I've never been much of a Diablo fan, though I have enjoyed them in the past. However, Diablo 3 is looking pretty hot, heh.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:I've never been much of a Diablo fan, though I have enjoyed them in the past. However, Diablo 3 is looking pretty hot, heh.

if you have never had the addiction, dont get into it. many hours of your life will be lost, though of course if you want to enjoy an awesome series, by all means go ahead.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yeah I really don't mind. Blizzard deserves to take my life away.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I wonder if hacked weapons will be prevalent again. And what the currency will be like. I mean last time SOJ were the equivalent of gold in WoW.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

but the amount of duping that people were doing...

i bet this time around blizzard knows how to secure the online portion, but SOJs were pretty much a needed item when trading.
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

the thing about blizzard is that when they announce a game, they don't announce the release date. D3 would probably come next year or the year after. Just like when they announced SC3.

I really hate it when blizzard toys with us.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh my goodness, lol.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

This article made me laugh out loud, especially the "Necromancers choice vs WoW gayness" picture.
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/ ... ns-tables/

If Blizzard knows one thing, it is to make a world seem like one big piece of flavorful design. Oh and making games which are more addictive than chocolate flavored crack.

Reading about DIII really tempts me to install Diablo II again... especially with the Chaos Empire Mod - the best Diablo mod there is.

Edit: Download link on the Chaos Empire website seems broken, but this one works: http://www.planetdiablo.com/chaosempire/download.htm
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I don't understand the whole uproar about the "colorful" scenery in Diablo III.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

dialdfordesi wrote:I don't understand the whole uproar about the "colorful" scenery in Diablo III.

play diablo 1 and 2 religiously, then look at the pics from diablo 3. If you were like me and spent countless hours on bnet trying to get a sorc to lvl 99 on hardcore, then you will notice that the diablo 3 coloring looks like fucking rainbow bright with its neon light turned to ultra gay. Diablo is suppose to have a grim setting, the backgrounds are suppose to make you want to cut yourself.

beside the inner fanboy in me, the game still looks lovely. I cant wait to upgrade to a new computer to play SC2 and Diablo 3.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote: play diablo 1 and 2 religiously, then look at the pics from diablo 3. If you were like me and spent countless hours on bnet trying to get a sorc to lvl 99 on hardcore, then you will notice that the diablo 3 coloring looks like fucking rainbow bright with its neon light turned to ultra gay. Diablo is suppose to have a grim setting, the backgrounds are suppose to make you want to cut yourself.
I can't think of a better lead in for this:

ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

*GASP* how did you know that video was of me?!?!
Texanian
notanewb

Re: I had an addiction problem once... (offical diablo 3 thr

Post by Texanian »

Being a man,who spent almost 6 years of his childhood on the Second part and do not regret about it at all. i have to say:

..... Diablo III is coming!

"Blizzard have announced that the Diablo III will be unleashed on May 15."
That means you’ll be able to grab a copy from retailers across the U.S. and in Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand as well as Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. If you live in Mexico, Argentina, Chile or Brazil, Blizzard says you’ll be able to buy Diablo III digitally via the company’s Battle.net website. And if you’re in one of those last few Latin American countries — or Russia — you’ll be able to grab a retail copy on June 7. Also: Blizzard says they’ve localized Diablo III for all the major world languages, from Spanish to Polish and Russian to Traditional Chinese (so that’s what took them so long).

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/03/15/dia ... z1rpcrdF35
Moreover,The thing that surprised me is that lots of "world sounds" from Diablo II is still in the Third part:> like such an unforgettable item-drop sound or bow shooting "pi-kow" blast.Likewise , my favorite demons are still exist!: http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/be ... fallen.xml

But there is a bad rumor too .I heard that you'll have to pay every month to play the original game ...even in singleplayer mod . hope it is not true....Damn it, if it is true!that means i have to find a new job if i wanna play....rrr not even month of rest.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Did anyone do the open beta this weekend? The game feels pretty good, but they definitely made some intense changes. I'm not sure how I feel about the new skill system. It allows for a lot of flexibility with being able to change skills on the fly but I kind of liked the fact that in D2 the point investment mattered. Now you get all the skills and can only have 6 of them to use at one time.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I did, the game was pretty good, but I agree that the skill system was a little weird. From what I could gather I was able to get every skill, there was no choice involved (other than choosing which skill I got first and then which to have active). Overall I liked it though, it was pretty fun as a 4-player co-op game.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I am so upset that I only got a few hours into the open BETA. I really wanted to 100% it.
I look forward to the 15th. I'm freaking keen =D

Gametag - Shade#1935
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Oops didn't see this thread... you can delete mine if you would like :evil: ... but my title is better :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: