New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by lon3vvolf »

Last 10 years:
People bitching about how Berserk needs to get remade.
Next 10 years:
People bitching about how Berserk got remade.

Never in our lifetime:
Keyboard warriors appreciating nice things.

It is what it is. The reason you are seeing all the siege footage is that is what is shown for the previews. Think about it, preview footage rarely shows you everything you will see in the movie. In this instance I'm sure they are doing this on purpose to draw more of a mainstream appeal. The movie didn't open up too well, about $500,000 with being shown on 92 screens. If it doesn't do well enough we may not see the others come out. I for one will support it. People just need to let go of their nostalgia factor of the original anime. If you can like it with all the changes from the manga, then accept this current project.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm still pretty excited for the Berserk movies. The animation looks fine to me, but I'm not that hard to please really. The original anime was great, don't get me wrong, but it was fairly low budget. I'm psyched to see a modern iteration of Berserk. I'll be a lot harder on the story, than I will the presentation. As long as they don't screw that up, which I doubt they will, I'll be happy. I don't mind alternate versions and such, but for this I'd really like to see an animated telling as close to the manga as possible.
Shino
imanewbie

Post by Shino »

Let's not forget another important thing, this is the Berserk SAGA Project, not just the Golden Age Trilogy Project. The first movie is by and far the shortest and least suspenseful part of the Golden Age trilogy as well, Zodd is the only real breakthrough part of the story to average movie-goer. The next movie will most likely be marketing the release of the first DVD along with it; which is projected to sell much more efficiently than the theatrical release. Once we start to get into the meat of Berserk (almost 2-hour run times don't hurt) I suspect the project will gain attention a little more quickly.

In the absolute worst case scenario imo, we'll get this + Blackswordsman Arc and post-Eclipse stuff up until the Hill of Swords (the 15-second commercial movies even hint at this).

Really, I can see this to get through Shierke and the Berserker armor easily, possibly end at the introduction of Fantasia if it continues to only sell moderately, but hopefully all the way until it's caught up. Then maybe movie releases some years down the road to end the Saga.

This trilogy is sort of like a test, on how to approach the rest of the saga. If it's by OAV's over an extended period of time you won't see me complaining.
Lying never hurt anybody.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Why can't I find Berserk movie on imdb?
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

1st Berserk Film's BD/DVD Slated for May 23

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... for-may-23
twitter.com/greak
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Nice. Thanks for always keeping us up to speed greak.
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

Niiiice! Thx greak

I watched the series again... I need a higher dose of Berserk.

But watching only one movie at a time would feel like reading only one chapter at a time (like... always?) Maybe I should sleep for a year and a half and watch the whole three movies... or maybe sleep untill 2030 and read the full comic, and then watch the (I hope) movies of all the sagas. And then read it and watch it again. And again. Damn I'll make some children and I'll make them read it and watch it with me.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

eldur wrote:Niiiice! Thx greak

I watched the series again... I need a higher dose of Berserk.

But watching only one movie at a time would feel like reading only one chapter at a time (like... always?) Maybe I should sleep for a year and a half and watch the whole three movies... or maybe sleep untill 2030 and read the full comic, and then watch the (I hope) movies of all the sagas. And then read it and watch it again. And again. Damn I'll make some children and I'll make them read it and watch it with me.
So... you actually think the manga will be complete by 2030? I'd love to think so, but at the current rate the chapters are coming out...
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

sure thing guys.

I think I'll wait for all 3 movies to be released then watched them all together :D
hope i'm not that week
twitter.com/greak
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

twitter.com/greak
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Hm, that was a pretty good looking trailer actually. The animation still bothers me but I gotta say that looked pretty cool. Man, I'm really hoping these movies do well and the rest of the series gets an animated adaption of some kind. Given how popular Berserk is I think it's inevitable there will be more animated adaptions sometime down the road. Best case scenario in my opinion would be a solid studio picking it up after the manga is done (i know, i know) and either picking up where the original series/movies left off, or doing a complete remake and strictly adhering to the manga starting right with chapter 1.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I've been looking around the high seas of the net for a "sneak peak" of the movie, but no luck. I guess I'll have to wait till May for the official release to see it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Same here. Been regularly checking 4chan and 2ch for it since it came out but no luck. Probably gonna have to wait, the announcement of the BD/DVD release being on the horizon has probably deterred anyone that had interest in uploading it early.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Also licenced by Dybex (french company) to be released in Europe too, I LIKE ^^
Hope someone subs it before they release it though, I want to see those movies faster!
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

"Estimated between Thu. Jun. 14 and Thu. Jun. 21"

It's just one of those "pre-order" listings. It's hilarious that idiots are bidding over 100 USD on it though, when it's going to retail for 5,040 yen, and 3,496 on Amazon.
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Super excited by the trailers to see the first film-only a month until it comes out onto DVD! I hope it sells well so the producers can feel comfortable giving future projects the nice, fat budgets they deserve.

I've read a few people comment about the CG and 2D combination creating an awkward feeling, but I haven't really noticed it. Maybe I'm not hard to please when it comes to animation. Compared to the first anime, I'd say this is an upgrade. I'm pretty satisfied with the voice casting except for Griffith...ugh, that's seriously bugging me because it's so different from the first Griffith. He doesn't sound like anything I imagined for Griffith's voice.
johas
imanewbie

Post by johas »

What brunoafh and Romdeau noticed fall perfectly into Rolos' Gutssica story : ))).
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Wait, what did I notice? :?
johas
imanewbie

Post by johas »

Romdeau wrote:Wait, what did I notice? :?
About Griffith' voice, but describe how it is different from the original so I can make sure that it really fits my predictions. When I saw the trailer with the scene of Guts vs Griffith duel I noticed that Griffith was as feminine as he should be only after his rebirth. So after what you written I assumed something similar happened with his voice.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Dybex is releasing it on dvd, possibly Bluray too at the end of May, subbed... Official release is gonna beat fansubs, am I dreaming :shock:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Wow .... Cover looks pretty good , expecialy Caska's face ...,only thing i left to do is to buy BR rom .... probably gonna sell my useless TV.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

two more weeks and it will be out.
http://downloadjunkie.weebly.com/japan-jubeis-vengeance.html