New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here Firs

Post by War Machine »

There's no such thing as chance in Berserk. Welcome.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Synaux
imanewbie

Post by Synaux »

Hi all, I am not sure if I really see the point is this introductory phase, but I will honor it nonetheless. ;)

I lets see, I enjoy the Berserk anime even if it is severely incomplete (I really wish producers would make more solid commitments toward animation series--evident for most of the manga/anime industry--very inadequate, but I wont get into that more here).
I have read all of the Berserk manga up to 318 and a little curious as to what chapter Japan is at so far (¿?).
I enjoy many other "male-orientated" animes (I am not talking about hentai you pervs).
Uhm...what else...I like long walks on the beach, horseback riding, strippers, and 1 hour hotel rooms...er...just kidding. I guess I am just about your normal college student endeavoring to be over-educated and jobless.
Synaux
imanewbie

Post by Synaux »

I just typed a long introduction and clicked "submit" and nothing happened.
Because I did not copy the text, I am just going to say I enjoy Berserk and hi...
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Ya sorry about that. We put a thing in so new members' posts have to be approved before they're visible, since there were alot of spam bots recently. After 1 is approved though then the rest are visible.

Oh also 318 is the newest in japan. Miura takes long breaks usually and it's been about 3 months since 318, so normally we'd be expecting it kinda soon, but there'll probably be delays related to the earthquake.
Synaux
imanewbie

Post by Synaux »

DrPepperPro wrote:Ya sorry about that. We put a thing in so new members' posts have to be approved before they're visible, since there were alot of spam bots recently. After 1 is approved though then the rest are visible.

Oh also 318 is the newest in japan. Miura takes long breaks usually and it's been about 3 months since 318, so normally we'd be expecting it kinda soon, but there'll probably be delays related to the earthquake.
Yea, I didn't read the screen thoroughly after submitting my post until after the second submission. I think its a good idea for filtering bots. Perhaps, someone of authority can make the message in red font 80pt font so capricious people like me will get the message =P

Thanks for the heads up on the manga!
3 months is a looong time though...how frequent are these breaks?
The earthquake is a tragic event for Japan (and some idiots in Cali who refused to stay off the beach); I feel a little selfish now wanting a new chapter...ha...ha... :/
The Blacksmith
imanewbie

Post by The Blacksmith »

Hello fellow Berserk nuts. I'm from Florida and have been following Berserk for three years now and love it. I like maKING STUF AND MADE SOME 1:1 Scale busts annd a costume from Berserk.
robeetfk1985
imanewbie

Post by robeetfk1985 »

Konbanva!

I am Berserk fanatic from Hungary.
I was just searching after new Berserk manga chapters in google when i found the EVIL-Genius site.
I am very happy, but i think i made something wrong.
I wanted to download the Berserk manga torrents, then I used the direct links but it doesnt work for me.

Please help me to find the new chapters of volume 35,36 and 37.
Thanks in advance.

robeetfk1985
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Ya the .torrent file downloads are currently not working for some reason.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Fixed. The tracker is becoming increasingly unstable.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Ummm.... Greetings everyone. My name is Texanian

actualy ...i was lurking here for full 4 years already,to know this place better i guess...
so... i found for myself that atmosphere here is some kinda different from other forums i used to be at
and finaly decided to join .

First of all i want to say "Thank you" to whole EG scanlation group for their releases
i really appreciate your work .

I know that the forum is almost dead nowadays.. and there do not care about newbies too much too, but let me tell my story anyway ,in order to keep the forum alive at least.

When i was a child i always enjoyed all kind of sword fights and lots of honor in such movies.So ... when i growed up a bit ,i decided to buy a sword and lern how to wield it.
But,it was "hard times" in my country to even buy a food back then , sooo..... i delayed my dream for unpredictable period of time.
And once (4 and half years ago)on some forum i bumped into a picture of a great sword-like thing ,named "Dragon Slayer".
i was amazed by its simple shape and beauty and dug up that this sword was from Kentarou Miura's"Berserk" manga.And this thing almost changed my life ....

Then was anime,then Hawks,and finaly i found EG

And now after 4 yours of lurking on this forum i can tell for sure - You guys all alright.(dont get me wrong)

Well...thats it .. i hope you guys will let me be a part of your Little-Big family from now on .
Nice to meet you all.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, with the slow releases, there's not much of Berserk to talk about, but most people are still around checking every so often. I suspect chatter will pick up when the new anime starts to release worldwide.

I think most people join the forums like you did, after lurking for a while. That's how I started here as well, I was reading some discussions on the forum and just wanted to say something as well so I registered and started posting.

Anyway, welcome, enjoy your stay.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

I agree with you ...new Berserk Project is like a big Blow that will rise the interest to Berserk around the World.It will definitely attract a lot of new members to the forum(i dunno..is it good or not)and new threads/conversations as well.

Four years ago i gave myself a word that i won't join the forum until i read ,at least, 50 topics here, heh ... but it took me ALOT of time, because of damn daily routine.
Now...i left my job and got some extra time to spend ... So,i think from now on i will be here more often,but as a registered member already....Thanx a lot !
Last edited by Texanian on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Cool, this place could use some new personalities. Welcome aboard.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Nice to see a new member. Welcome, Texanian.

Sadly, this place is pretty slow anymore, what with how incredibly rare the chapters are, but as War Machine said, hopefully it'll pick up a bit once the movies start coming out.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Yeah ..Thats pretty sad...I still remember ,when conversations here were flowing like a water...But ,in spite of speed, most posts were looking thought out(be it serious speech or just a joke).

Anyway,Thanx again...Glad to see there is still Guys ,who can keep conversation in interesting way ..,as long time ago.
Looking forward to "cross" the opinions with you men and all others.Not only in "Berserk" threads.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Indeed, welcome to the group. It's nice to have someone new to talk to. It seems to have spurred up a bit of conversation at least, heh. Make yourself at home sir, and enjoy your stay. :)
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Hello guys, hello EG, first of all: I love you :D

My little story of my Berserk experience: I somewhere found the Berserk anime (can't even remember), watched it several years ago, loved it and was totally frustrated after i found out that there is no second season. So i went on my epic journey and searched for the manga only to find out that it would be a total waste not to read it from scratch because i found out that many things are much shorter or left out completly in the anime.

But I had no energy yet to start reading the manga even though i already had it on my HDD. I had trouble in school back then and not enough free time because i have way too many hobbies.

It took me several years to get motivated to start reading the manga from scratch. Then this legendary day came up when i finished school and already forgot about Berserk. It was that time when i stumbled across this folder on my HDD and i ate up about 30 volumes of this manga in less than a week. Ever since then I visit your homepage at least once a week to check if there is a new chapter.

And thats how we get to my question:

Why is berserk released THAT SLOWLY lately?

I dont want to know when chapter XYZ will be released. I know you hate that question but I really want to know why there is only 1 chapter every 3 months. It cant have always been like this because that would mean the manga is 82 years old. All I want to know is: What has happened? Why is it how it is? Iust whats going on? Is the mangaka going so slow so that the anime can catch up faster or something? Does he have a new project and no time for Berserk anymore? I am really confused about this and i really hope I can find the answer here.
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

I don't know if anyone will have a definitive answer for you but one thing to realize is that the art has become much more detailed over time. Miura works more or less alone so he spends a lot of time creating all the beautiful artwork. It also seems that that level of effort and detail takes its toll on him and therefore he takes frequent breaks. I also think I remember seeing something about how he sometimes gets so involved in certain video games that he does not work on Berserk but I may have made that up.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, what Fatman said is about the best answer you can get, unfortunately. The art has somehow become even better and more detailed. He works alone for the most part, and once said in an interview a few years ago that he had been working on Berserk so fervently that his health had started to decline, and has thus began taking occasional breaks. Some of the breaks may also be due to the new anime. As for the video game thing, there was a rumor going around that he was obsessed with this dating sim and that it was taking his focus away from the manga, but to me that sounds like baseless rumor mongering by spiteful fans. Though you never know I suppose. I know if I was a published author I'd still play games, but I'd try not to let it interfere with my work. Personally I have more faith in Miura then that. I'm pretty sure someone asked him about the infrequency of releases in an interview I read once and he simply replied that he works on the manga with unwavering diligence, or something like that, heh. Anywho, welcome to the forums sir. :)
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

So there is basically no chance that the release frequencies will get back to normal anytime soon. Thats really sad. Even if there are only 50 chapters left (which i hardly doubt) then it will take 6 damn years for it to finish..

Well.. i guess it cant be helped. Thanks for the replies, guys.

Btw: When will chapter 328 be released? :lol:

Now im off for my weekly dose of Naruto and One Piece 8)
Anti-Venom
imanewbie

Post by Anti-Venom »

Berserk need I say more. except I love it. lol
maryperezbunny
imanewbie

Post by maryperezbunny »

Hello, Where can I post fan made stuff? like videos, pictures and my action video game made in IG maker?
http://downloadjunkie.weebly.com/japan-jubeis-vengeance.html
retrogamer
imanewbie

Post by retrogamer »

Well, I thought I'd get my intro post out of the way in lieu of the spambot preventive measures. I go back pretty far in Berserk fandom (to BSOM if you guys know that board), I've been out of anime/manga fandom for awhile but wanted to get back in before the close of the series (assuming Miura finishes it :D). I appreciate the work you guys have put in with your translations and compared to Reddit or the other Berserk boards, I thought this seemed like the place for me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well then, welcome to Evil Genius. The board isn't very active in between Berserk chapters anymore, but make yourself at home. We're happy to have you.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:Well then, welcome to Evil Genius. The board isn't very active in between Berserk chapters anymore, but make yourself at home. We're happy to have you.
Indeed! Always nice to have a new member. Welcome, retrogamer.